SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 04, 2012, 07:28 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,618 Posts
Would

Ive scored two nice ones thanks to Buckskin.....many thanks!!!
Dad_Roman is offline Find More Posts by Dad_Roman
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 04, 2012, 09:31 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Roman View Post
Would

Is he bringing it to you? Where are you handing off at? I'd like to meet Mr. Buckskin!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Jun 04, 2012, 10:20 PM
Hardrock Miner
Livingston, MT
Joined Jun 2006
752 Posts
Well, the Telemaster needed a little more work than I thought. I pulled some covering back on one of the wing panels to do some repairs and when I went to iron it back down it wouldn't stick. Tried some balsa rite still wouldn't stick. Went online to HK and got 2- 5m rolls of covering on the way. Blue and white. Should look nicer than the all yellow. Hobby Lobby is sending me a PDF of the decals so I can take them to a vinyl cutter which I thought was very nice of them. What got my attention was the way they had it hinged. Vinyl hinges (no hinge pin) like ca hinges only vinyl with a small screw through each side. Sure makes the re cover job easy. May use ca hinges when I reassemble.
jacklegchris is offline Find More Posts by jacklegchris
Old Jun 04, 2012, 10:28 PM
Pawnee, OK
Joined Jun 2008
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Roman View Post
Would

It's really not that big of a deal, I don't mind at all. I just wish i had more control of where I go. But, I do believe we have found the size limit for this truck... lol

Now i just have to get to TX to drop it off.

If I would've known it was receiver ready I could've brought radio and test flew (crashed) it for you Shane....jk
buckskin is online now Find More Posts by buckskin
Last edited by buckskin; Jun 04, 2012 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Stray smiley
Old Jun 04, 2012, 10:33 PM
Pawnee, OK
Joined Jun 2008
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
Is he bringing it to you? Where are you handing off at? I'd like to meet Mr. Buckskin!

I managed to drop the last one of at his house. Was nice to meet him and the misses. Hoping to manage the same thing this time.
Old Jun 04, 2012, 10:54 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,906 Posts
Its true this thread has the greatest and nicest people on the planet for sure

Plow yup the wonder is a speeder I'm planting an OS 25 on there with a 9x6 to start might go to an 8x7 or something supposed to do about 100mph with an .19

chicken parm !!! Man you just made my mouth water and why is it when you guys talk food I find myself wondering what the heck everyonwe is raving about lol I feel like I've been living under a rock my whole life lol dixie Yam bake ? Lol my mom in-law will be up from alabama friday and staying with us for a month, ill have to ask her if she's heard of it she'll probably say what? Where have I been for 20 years lol and whip up a dish of it lol can't wait for a big ol pan of her famous cornbread yeeE haaAa I love my MIL she's an awesome lady.

Buckskin be careful with your cargo lol and isn't it mandatory you test fly any ship before it can be delivered so you don't get wrapped up in a lemon law battle .)

Jackleg sometimes using a fuel proof dope will help get a surface nice for re applying the iron on cote, but sounds like you have it almost covered
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Jun 04, 2012, 11:14 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
Waldo, it's yams, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, brown sugar, butter, cream, marshmallows, and pecans.
Mmmmmm!
Old Jun 04, 2012, 11:16 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
Buckskin, try to give me a heads up when you get a run his way!
Old Jun 04, 2012, 11:47 PM
Pawnee, OK
Joined Jun 2008
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
Buckskin, try to give me a heads up when you get a run his way!

Will do.

I get to run past quite a few of you guys. The trick is having time to stop.

As a matter of fact I'll be going past Nate tomorrow, with no time to stop of course.
Old Jun 05, 2012, 12:04 AM
Hardrock Miner
Livingston, MT
Joined Jun 2006
752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckskin View Post
Will do.

I get to run past quite a few of you guys. The trick is having time to stop.

As a matter of fact I'll be going past Nate tomorrow, with no time to stop of course.
Ever make it up to Montana?
Old Jun 05, 2012, 07:10 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,533 Posts
Well guys I still havn't quite recovered from the FLI. And I havn't quite got the van unloaded.
I'm now missing my phone charger. But I know I've seen it..
Snowman have you started building that little edge. I'll tell you when trixie flew my little edge it out performed all the other 41 inch edges out there. So thats telling me those servo's are fine. I caught alot of guff about them over at the buck huck thread. But whats funny is some of those boys where there and my little Edge smoked theirs. Did I say smoked them. She smoked them.
I was proud of all my planes I took. Even though my lil MX on her 2ndt flight the motor came out. Alex from aurora rc was flying her. We started out on a 2s pack and he started by doing rolling hairrers, water falls and the like. While he was flying her I told him I had a 3s battery that would wake her up.
I told him that you really had to watch that throttle because on a 3s battery you can get that motor hot quick, fast and in a hurry
He starter her off in a toss to hover. Followed by a waterfall and then into a rolling hairrer.
He told me o Yeah that woke her up. She is one nice flying plane. I commented on how the carbon fiber webing stabilze it and her agreed. Then her really pushed her. He would lock into a hover and then rocket out of it.
It was one of those rocket out of hovers that the motor came out. I don't thing he quite figured out what happend. I but seen it and having had it happened to me before I reconized it
The motor was still pulling the plane vertical even though it was doing it by pulling on the wires. I watched it for a second in silence until the motor took off in a different direction. I yelled chop the throttle But the prop still managed to get the RX ant. Pulled it clean from the circut board. The motor was really hot. So I'm glad it happened. Otherwise I'd be replacing a motor.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Jun 05, 2012, 07:49 AM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,195 Posts
Kerwin, no regrets right? I have not begun the assembly because raising teenage girls has taken over! Oh, and #3 son wants to fly the coop and move to Utah...of all places, which means quitting college here where he can live at home and save (us) money......but all that makes too much sense, right?.........Ugghhh! Who pays in the long run? Parents...that's who! #1 son (who I drove the car out to) told me he brought the car into the guy that originally quoted him less than $200 to fix his car and pass inspection.... now wants $2,000!!!!!!! The whole inspection process is money making scheme and I told him to move the hell out of Maine!! That's my world lately......sorry for the rant!

P.s. it's dead calm, sunny, 72 degrees and I've got 5 batteries that I need to wear out........see ya all later......I'm going flying and putting this fathering business out of mind for an hour and 15 minutes!
snowman is offline Find More Posts by snowman
Old Jun 05, 2012, 08:33 AM
Pawnee, OK
Joined Jun 2008
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacklegchris View Post
Ever make it up to Montana?
I get up there once or twice a year, but only in the winter...lol O
Old Jun 05, 2012, 08:41 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,906 Posts
Wow Thats one expensive ride your #1 has now should have just bought him a rolls and UTAH !! whats he going to take up skiing
Hope you flew those packs for at least 2 Hours with all that news.

Kerwin50 I commend you as I don't think I'd have the guts to let someone show me what my planes could really do lol especially a youngunnn LOL I only allowed snowman to fly my planes because I rigged it for Walk of Shame failure If that girl Trixie took up one of my birds and did all those stunts with it I would have probably let her have them and go home and build 20 kadets and never fly a stunt plane again LOL

Plow Emmmmmm

Wayne I suspect we will see some nice shots of venus crossing the suns path tonight
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Jun 05, 2012, 09:47 AM
Hardrock Miner
Livingston, MT
Joined Jun 2006
752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckskin View Post
I get up there once or twice a year, but only in the winter...lol O
That figures. But that's when meeting and a cup of coffee season is .