HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 01, 2012, 04:28 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
Thats true DOG I love on line manuals they have saved me many too many times since i discovered them you can pretty much find anything nowadays

I guess I didnt think about it but I never print them. I am not a tree hugger but waste should always be a concern. The issue I have with printer manuals..... NO Search Feature other then my old tired eyes.

Their manuals are long and have a lot of pictures so printing them would add to the cost.
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 01, 2012, 04:34 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,255 Posts
If any ones has an interest <posting info here first> a club member is selling a plane. His attached pictures.... Weren't attached to the email, I will work on that. 8)

This plane is a 15 year old Carl Goldberg models Staudacher 300 with a good running Saito 91s, Vortex spinner, one new servo and the rest of the servos in working order. This plane is receiver ready and flys really well. I got a second place in sportsmen at an AMA precision aerobatic contest two years ago flying this plane. I am selling to make room for new projects. Send an email with questions and to set up a time to see the plane if you are interested.
$150
Old Jun 01, 2012, 04:49 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
That's a good deal Ron!! That should help someone get to the next level in a very inexpensive way!
I hate buying printer cartridges!!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Jun 01, 2012, 04:54 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
We need a report from Kerwin and Snowdog!!
Old Jun 01, 2012, 05:05 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,001 Posts
I just replaced the rudder servo in my new slick because it was dancing around like crazy. Well, I put the new servo in and I'll be dammed if it didn't do the exact same thing. Wondering what the deal is. It is a digital HV servo and all the other servos seem totally solid. Pretty weird. I do have some sub-trim so I'm wondering if I was letting it mechanically go to it's true center if the jitter might up and leave...
3DNater is offline Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Jun 01, 2012, 05:14 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
That's it Nate, there is no resistance on the rudder like on other surfaces. They will usually settle down hen the battery levels off a bit from peak.
Old Jun 01, 2012, 05:53 PM
Cookies Good - Bacon Better
Portland, Oregon
Joined Sep 2008
1,594 Posts
Hey Plowboy ---- Big Grey Dog bringing you a home for that OS .61. Should get there in about 3 days.
NoMatta is offline Find More Posts by NoMatta
Old Jun 01, 2012, 06:04 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMatta View Post
Hey Plowboy ---- Big Grey Dog bringing you a home for that OS .61. Should get there in about 3 days.
Yay!!! You da man Bob!! I promise to treat it the same as always!!
Old Jun 01, 2012, 06:28 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,903 Posts
Is that good or bad lol ^^^

DOG I seldom print any of them seeing they're on line its nice to go to them for a quick reference about something

Brathanke sometimes the jitter is caused by too much throw like hooking to the last hole on a long arm on the servo going to the closest hole on the surface I had this prob on my T40 just backing off on the hole on the surface arm and then adding more throw on the box gave me the same deflection but took care of the jitter. It was very weird I relplaced 3 servos before I figured it out lol
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Jun 01, 2012, 06:49 PM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,494 Posts
Having fun at the FLI...Kerwin fired up his green machine and took it for a spin...I couldn't get a video because I was his spotter...that machine is a *mean* green machine...his DLE-30 is a monster! He made my fly a few minutes while he rested his thumbs...FUN plane! His re-maiden was a bug success!

Tonight he's gonna help me with my Su-26 so I can hopefully fly it tonight or tomorrow.

Here's a before maiden and after maiden photo of K50:
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Old Jun 01, 2012, 06:54 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,001 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
Is that good or bad lol ^^^

DOG I seldom print any of them seeing they're on line its nice to go to them for a quick reference about something

Brathanke sometimes the jitter is caused by too much throw like hooking to the last hole on a long arm on the servo going to the closest hole on the surface I had this prob on my T40 just backing off on the hole on the surface arm and then adding more throw on the box gave me the same deflection but took care of the jitter. It was very weird I relplaced 3 servos before I figured it out lol
I'll give that a try...

Mike... sweet pics... MORE
3DNater is offline Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Jun 01, 2012, 07:23 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,615 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
Yay!!! You da man Bob!! I promise to treat it the same as always!!
Whatdja get???? huhuhuh???

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974 View Post
Here's a before maiden and after maiden photo of K50:
ShaWEEET!!!
Dad_Roman is offline Find More Posts by Dad_Roman
Old Jun 01, 2012, 07:39 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,183 Posts
SnowDog........you're holding out on us......where are the action videos? No acts of sabotage and resultant walk of shame? No mention of barely plugged in servo plugs? I noticed a jug of something next to Kerwin, but it's too dark to be shine! This isn't a geriatrics convention is it?

I hate them jittery servos......they're like a crack head.......ya always gots to keep an eye on 'em! (If not your sights.)

Plow......sounds like Xmas over at your place too!

My wife sat in the car this evening and watched me fly 5 batteries through that Aeroworks 260... and only a few mosquitoes dared brave the cold. She said a sheriffs car slowed on the highway and she thought we were going to get a ticket cause I just drove the Town Car onto the soccer field, but apparently they were just watching.... This town doesn't even have a soccer team anyway......it's just for show! They just mowed the lawn today.......I was parked on the side lines...and even though the Lincoln isn't in its prime........from a distance it looked like it belonged on that mowed green.
snowman is offline Find More Posts by snowman
Old Jun 01, 2012, 09:00 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
You've got a good wife there snowman!!

Yep! Bob is sending me a Twist!! A better friend than Bob would be very hard to find indeed!!

Guess I better dust off the .61!!
Old Jun 01, 2012, 09:25 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,255 Posts
K50's Mean Green looks better then ever! I am kicking myself for not going. The replacement Nurse bailed after they were already at the Camp and the PTO had to hire a nurse to come out. The trip was sucess full and my youngest daughter <11> did the Flying Squirl and her first Kayak. While those dont seem big, my girls are very timid of things, so this.... IT BIG.

If I win the bid on the poster and I am not there, I dont get the frame with it <pout>.