SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 26, 2012, 10:27 AM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
Having logistics issue.... My neighbor wants me to pick up a car trailer out there for him too... Still working on it but its getting tougher.
Maybe your neighbor can get your 15yr old to school for you?! (I'm sure you've already thought of that)
SnowDog1974 is offline Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
to remove ads between posts
Old May 26, 2012, 10:28 AM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,279 Posts
Whoa, keep me posted......that way if you bail I won't feel so bad if the drama that's developing on the home front worsens and I can't make it either. It's not my family, but a close friend's....and sometimes when a death occurs in a family some people are so debilitated by it that they neglect their best interests....enough said.
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old May 26, 2012, 10:30 AM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,543 Posts
Just for fun, Ron, I'm sure you've already seen this, but maybe some of the other guys haven't...this guy makes flying fun for everyone! (This is Aron, also known as theKM).
SnowDog1974 is offline Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Old May 26, 2012, 10:54 AM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,323 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974 View Post
Just for fun, Ron, I'm sure you've already seen this, but maybe some of the other guys haven't...this guy makes flying fun for everyone! (This is Aron, also known as theKM).
Yeah... not only did I see it.... When he dunked it in the lake, he texted me and said, no worries, drained the water out and flew it with one elevator half.

When this shot was taken <HPP> it only had one elevator half. He was doing rollers an such, hovering and harriers were tough.

This is the Baby Roo SHP custom scheme, built for Arron like his 87" and his 119" Extra SHP Roos.

I assembled the baby Roo the weekend prior to Nall at his house. I stripped everything off the 74 Edge <needs parts> and near the entire plane together <less final set up> in about 10 hours, had a ton of fun doing it. The OS 33 is very sweet to set up.
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old May 26, 2012, 11:01 AM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,323 Posts
For 19 bucks you can sign up to HPP for 3 months and download all the Nall videos, they are awsomeness.

Justin Chi, is like 9 years old flew in the 1 trick comp.
Arron's 1 trick winning flight HD
The Baby Roo Bath and the Kaos that followed
The 6 ladies stick banging 27-35% planes all at the same time.
Trixie from Aurora Lighting 3D'n her 104 AJ Slick <she will be at Cape>
RC Girl <13 years old> bangin the sticks on Trixie's 104
Last edited by DaOldGuy; May 26, 2012 at 11:17 AM.
Old May 26, 2012, 12:17 PM
Montana Transplant
United States, OR, Klamath Falls
Joined Aug 2005
1,932 Posts
Quote:
For 19 bucks you can sign up to HPP for 3 months and download all the Nall videos, they are awsomeness.

Justin Chi, is like 9 years old flew in the 1 trick comp.
Arron's 1 trick winning flight HD
The Baby Roo Bath and the Kaos that followed
Trixie from Aurora Lighting 3D'n her 104 AJ Slick <she will be at Cape>
RC Girl <13 years old> bangin the sticks on Trixie's 104
dang kids and the video age... make me feel old....
OH YEA ... I am old...
mt_flyer is offline Find More Posts by mt_flyer
Old May 26, 2012, 12:19 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,323 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_flyer View Post
dang kids and the video age... make me feel old....
OH YEA ... I am old...
Well... yeah.... I think most of us are feeling the pain of time, the slowness of mind, the the fingers that wont stick to the sticks as well as they used too...
Old May 26, 2012, 05:02 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
DOG I feel so bad for you. Jerry needs to have a boot shoved up there where the sun don't shine. Snowy I only hope things work out for the best, I sure am hoping you can make it.
This is all so heart wrenching hearing about you guy's bailing. hell I even put my pants on today and that ain't somthing I normaly do.
BTW you can see momma doesn't have her flowers yet. So I thought I'd put the green machine out there as an extension of our living room. LOL
Just kidding I had to put a piece of plywood down on the deck in prepartion of future flowers so the lady below us doesn't get soaked when momma waters those flowers.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old May 26, 2012, 05:07 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Quote:
Alright Kerwin <49 or 50> ... You guys got anything to do with this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIgTHuMdBUk
SSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
ask me no questions and I'll tell you no lies
Old May 26, 2012, 05:32 PM
Wichita, Ks
Joined Jun 2005
1,986 Posts
Quote:

-Eric
rccardude04 is offline Find More Posts by rccardude04
Old May 26, 2012, 08:51 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,323 Posts
Flight Report

Storms came through this afternoon.... Roll Around trash Dumpster....Took Flight, Crashed in the back yard, spilled nothing .....

Kadet LT 40 / 61
Tail Dragger conversion has the 12X6 mowing short grass. Bent the gear the best we could <wire is tough> with the limited tools. Flys great, good power, needs leaned a little I think. Throttle response on ground SNAPPY, in the air it seems sluggish, like it is loading, but no dead sticks. Even with the short gear, first landing was greesy easy.

Logistics
Have to take 15 year old to school 8 am Friday. That would put me in Cape around 10PM whooped in time for sleep. Would get Sat all day, Sunday I would have to head back at the butt crack of dawn..... No Shot gun to help drive.... I am too old for that.... Still trying to sort out something.
Old May 26, 2012, 09:06 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,637 Posts
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy
Quote:
Originally Posted by rccardude04 View Post

-Eric

Yea....I got that too
Dad_Roman is offline Find More Posts by Dad_Roman
Old May 26, 2012, 11:32 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,062 Posts
well guys, I worked on the slick all day and got it all finished up except for building the choke setup and I need a couple more extensions for my ailerons.

I couldn't get the motor to run. I got it flooded and then couldn't get so much as a pop out of it despite pulling the spark plug out and drying it off many times and drying out the head as best I could... sometimes I wonder why we ever try to run motors inverted. My buddy Mike was laughing because it was so easy for him to make it run. I did get it to start a few times but I never got to do any real tuning besides resetting to factory positions over and over. I think it just needs to dry out real good. I hope I can get it running on Monday... my shoulder is sore from flipping.
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old May 27, 2012, 07:12 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
O Nate, 1st off are you sure your kill switch is working properly. You may want to bypass it to start off with. Just how are you securing your plane? At home I use tie downs looped around a tree. That way if she's flooded I can open that throttle a bunch like 1/2 or so.
Don't drain your tank. Also did you ever put a felt clunk in her?
Most gassers when choking you go full choke WOT and flip till she pops. Then choke off and a little throttle. My DLE doesn't mind being inverted.
Good luck.
Old May 27, 2012, 08:26 AM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,637 Posts
Yea Nate...what Kerwin said ^^^

It shouldnt be so hard.

Well caught up the 8 pages and got nothin to say! Theres somethin new

One thing......Snowy.....its not the decals that are fuel proof so much as the treatment you give them. Most the time the ink is fuel proof but not always. ARFS seem to print on the inside then apply adhesive. When you are worried about a decal then plan on going over it with some Poly, Balsarite or some other sealer.

Edges can be done if thats all your worried about. Same sealer or some thin CA (dangerous on a new covering job )

If you decide to mess with these liquids just go slow, be careful, have cleanup stuff right there handy and waiting Maybe think small like a Q-Tip around the edges.
Dad_Roman is offline Find More Posts by Dad_Roman