Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 24, 2012, 07:47 PM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
If everything works out......I would drive down on the 30th and leave for home on early on the 3rd. Super 8 has a package at $61 a night averaged over those days, which is cheap enough. Is this city driving btw? Anyone ever been to this town/city? They're not going to string me up for looking like a Yankee and sounding like a Canadian, eh? This business of being a "show-me" state has me worried....just what exactly are they going to "show me".....and do I really want to see it? Do the rivers run green? Any good hobby shops? Is 3DHS going to have stuff for sale? C'mon guys......I need answers.
Are you gonna drive straight through or stop along the way?
Which route will you be taking?
Not much city driving - it's a pretty small town from what I can tell.
Yes, 3DHS will have stuff for sale, Ben, Noll, and the rest of the gang will be there!
I may have to put my Twist 60 together for this shindig!
SnowDog1974 is offline Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
to remove ads between posts
Old May 24, 2012, 07:53 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
4,856 Posts
Kerwin......I wasn't going to bring anything to fly......I just renewed my AMA membership and I haven't received my card yet, just a receipt. I've got adult children coming home from Utah and Wisconsin tomorrow and I won't have time to put my new T_ _ _ t together with them here. I have another T_ _ _ T, but it has no rudder or vertical stab, but that one was used and abused! I can't see bringing fish for a 16 hr car ride unless you want frozen.........and that isn't a treat...maybe fresh fish is something you need to come up here for! What's the weather supposed to be like down there......
snowman is offline Find More Posts by snowman
Old May 24, 2012, 07:55 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,828 Posts
snowman your AMA receipt should provide adequate proof that you have AMA. Bring the twist along and maybe some other twistaholics can pitch in a few minutes to help you finish it off
3DNater is offline Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old May 24, 2012, 07:59 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
4,856 Posts
SnowDog.......I was planning on driving it in one shot. I would be taking the expressway from Merill WI to Madison WI.........39 S to 55 to St.Louis to Cape G.

I have never followed these people you've mentioned....I can appreciate some awesome flying though....I might learn something.
snowman is offline Find More Posts by snowman
Old May 24, 2012, 08:02 PM
Joined Jan 2009
5,322 Posts
Quote:
Kerwin......I wasn't going to bring anything to fly......I just renewed my AMA membership and I haven't received my card yet, just a receipt. I've got adult children coming home from Utah and Wisconsin tomorrow and I won't have time to put my new T_ _ _ t together with them here. I have another T_ _ _ T, but it has no rudder or vertical stab, but that one was used and abused! I can't see bringing fish for a 16 hr car ride unless you want frozen.........and that isn't a treat...maybe fresh fish is something you need to come up here for! What's the weather supposed to be like down there......
snowman, bring what you can, even if it's not flyable...bring the pieces and we'll help you get it flying onsite. also, Kerwin and I both have planes you can fly...I've got an EF yak 54 and a non-3DHS foamy that would be fun to fly..and of course my 3DHS planes

For weather, check my post on the FLI thread:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=661
Old May 24, 2012, 08:04 PM
Joined Jan 2009
5,322 Posts
Quote:
SnowDog.......I was planning on driving it in one shot. I would be taking the expressway from Merill WI to Madison WI.........39 S to 55 to St.Louis to Cape G.

I have never followed these people you've mentioned....I can appreciate some awesome flying though....I might learn something.
I've never met any of these people in person, but I feel like I know them as well as I know all these Twistaholics, so I'm looking forward to a whopping good time...and lots of awesome flying, way beyond my skill level.

I'm sure we'll all learn something....the most I'll learn is how much I don't know.
Old May 24, 2012, 08:06 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,490 Posts
Like Nate said your AMA receipt is fine. Just bring that little electric and I'll provide the twist.
Who knows if you bring your new twist we could have it together in a evening.
I'm bringing building building eq and supplies because I'm going to need to keep my planes flying for 4 days
This is going to be a twisted affair.
Now I've never had walleye so frozen is ok for me.
It's going to be warm but you know what they say about missouri if you don't like the weather just stick around it'll change.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old May 24, 2012, 08:07 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,490 Posts
Mike great minds think alike LOL
Old May 24, 2012, 08:54 PM
Hardrock Miner
Livingston, MT
Joined Jun 2006
752 Posts
I wish I could go. It would be a 24hr drive and the price of diesel makes it that much harder. I may try and make the Huckfest in South Dakota though. Gotta check the dates on that one.
jacklegchris is offline Find More Posts by jacklegchris
Old May 24, 2012, 09:00 PM
Hardrock Miner
Livingston, MT
Joined Jun 2006
752 Posts
June 21st-24th for South Dakota and I work those days so it's out this year. But I am off during the Washington Huckfest. Hmmmm that one is 12hrs away. Maybe I'll try that one.
jacklegchris is offline Find More Posts by jacklegchris
Old May 24, 2012, 10:39 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
11,998 Posts
HuckFests are Good!

Let me review...Deliverence, Broke Back Mountain, and many other colorful discriptions have come to pass while I was distracted this evening.....

Waldo.... come meet me down here and go... I am not sure I want to show up there alone.

I need to go so I can pick up the March of Dimes Poster I have been bidding on. for that money, I want the frame too.

Kerwin, I have boxes of the colored LED lights but I have never built a night flyer as of yet,
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old May 24, 2012, 11:08 PM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Damn i wish i could make this...i am completely bummed my yearly fishing trip falls on the same date.
CRFan1 is offline Find More Posts by CRFan1
Old May 24, 2012, 11:16 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,828 Posts
crfan1 I would reschedule the fishing but it sounds like you might inconvenience a larger group if you tried.

Great news... I found out my brother is coming down tomorrow evening so I will be making arrangements for him to bring the slick down via u-haul. Ill have it tomorrow night!!
3DNater is offline Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old May 24, 2012, 11:41 PM
Montana Transplant
United States, OR, Klamath Falls
Joined Aug 2005
1,929 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacklegchris View Post
June 21st-24th for South Dakota and I work those days so it's out this year. But I am off during the Washington Huckfest. Hmmmm that one is 12hrs away. Maybe I'll try that one.
when is this? oh yea, we are having out own... Hucking in the Forest...

when is your clubs fly in... so I can plan for that
mt_flyer is offline Find More Posts by mt_flyer
Old May 25, 2012, 05:28 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,490 Posts
Nate I'm so excited. Do you have pics of your smoke systems.