HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 21, 2012, 01:12 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Great flight report mike.
Waldo when your done on that job I've got a bunch of work for you as well.
Just kidding. Now is this job a free bee because it smells like a carden edge to me.
Doing work on the side is how I got the Green Machine.
Mike I use automobile fiberglass cloth and wrap it from the side of the front landing gear former, across the lannding gear block and back down the rear landing gearblock former. Followed but lite ply on top of the fiberglass on the front and rear former.
This makes for an extremely strong landing gear block. Maybe alittle to strong as after more landing gear crushing moments than I can count. When I rolled her with the reversed aileron, and she came down hard. She shattered the formers instead of just ripping the block out.
Well I've ran into a snag. Those digitals servo's are not range checking. So even though I don't like it, I'm going to put my PCM rx in her. I would of already had it done but since I got up with the chickens I took a nap about 9 O clock.
I only hope I don't get a call to go to . Yeah I'm not mentioning that four letter word.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
to remove ads between posts
Old May 21, 2012, 02:29 PM
Montana Transplant
United States, OR, Klamath Falls
Joined Aug 2005
1,932 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacklegchris View Post
Did you not use the right specs to watch the eclipse or what? Just kidding.
regular eye exam.... never thought about it being scheduled day after eclipse
mt_flyer is offline Find More Posts by mt_flyer
Old May 21, 2012, 04:23 PM
Montana Transplant
United States, OR, Klamath Falls
Joined Aug 2005
1,932 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacklegchris View Post
Did you not use the right specs to watch the eclipse or what? Just kidding.
Christmas in May... pkg recieved today.... all good, Thanks
mt_flyer is offline Find More Posts by mt_flyer
Old May 21, 2012, 04:48 PM
Hardrock Miner
Livingston, MT
Joined Jun 2006
755 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_flyer View Post
Christmas in May... pkg recieved today.... all good, Thanks
Same here. Thanks Daniel.
jacklegchris is offline Find More Posts by jacklegchris
Old May 21, 2012, 04:58 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
well I've got about an hour to kill, waiting on my thread lock to dry.
I found out that this new fuse is much lighter aft and my present set up left me pretty nose heavy. So I moved my yhtottle servo from the motor box back by the rudder servo.
This also gave me much better isolation beteewn my ign and my radio system.
Now it's time for a radio check. This will tell me if I need to order another servo and just put the gotecks back in the elevator or not.
Last edited by kerwin50; May 21, 2012 at 05:06 PM.
Old May 21, 2012, 05:28 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
Lookin good Kerwin. Where does that receiver battery go?
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old May 21, 2012, 06:31 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
I did have the battery futher forward. Though I'm not quite sure where I want to put it.
I thought I'd double check my CG before I fastened it down.
Well Up date The futaba rx didn't like it when the motor ran. So I ended up an put my futaba R319 PCM rx in her. Boy I got all kinds of range now. I set the fail safe for 0 throttle and after I got a 150 ft or so everything was still working good so I shut the TX off and sure enough the engine die. Now I just need to set the fail safe to an idle.
That DLE really roars though it still has a little miss with a freshly charged battery.
Momma did get a hint of gasoline but with all the cottonwood pollen it has stopped up her nose and she's been laying down all afternoon with a headache.
Old May 21, 2012, 07:14 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,278 Posts
Kerwin......I got just the remedy for allergies.......ready? Take one 750ml bottle of 18 year old Glenfiddich single malt scotch and the best sci-fi movie of all time (Blade Runner) and poor a tall one in a sizable snifter(to swirl and warm) and that's it.....sit back and enjoy....and in no time you and the missus won't be thinking of allergies...guaranteed! (Well, it works for me anyway )

So my new batteries are capable of being charged to 5C, but my charger will only allow 1C.. Eight batteries today.....too long between charges! That little 260 is starting to grow on me......very susceptible to wind/heavy breezes though.

I so admired Waldo's organization at the field that I had to build a fuel caddy.......I also took my el cheapo table and gave it a fresh coat of paint.....I thought about buying a new table, but this ol thing has sentimental meaning. Oh, and Waldo.....Thanks of the AMA DVD's....I usually put one going and nod off for an afternoon nap with visions of P-51's dancing in my head!
snowman is offline Find More Posts by snowman
Old May 21, 2012, 07:38 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,061 Posts
Blade Runner is really that high on your list? I know it's a cult classic but I'd have to put at least a dozen ahead of it. Oh well... to each his own...
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old May 21, 2012, 08:26 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
it's alittle pricey but this one will do the trick snowy http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ger_800W_.html
Old May 21, 2012, 08:27 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
now this one is alittle cheaper but only does on battery http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...y_Charger.html
Old May 21, 2012, 08:30 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,321 Posts
I bought this one from HK a couple years ago and bought another used off RCG that just came today.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=7028

Love it, they make a bigger version and a 4 in one version.
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old May 21, 2012, 08:48 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,963 Posts
Snowman lol its tough to make it through those videos without a good nap something about the purring of nitro and gas engines and the gentle flights just soothes me into a coma lol and I have found my setup at the field to help greatly from looking for things when I need them and in case you didn't notice my flight table (The old folding card tabel) I set up next to my on site flight table has been with me for over 30 years so I know exactly how you feel about your table

Plow not a single call on it yet lol its been on the market for almost a month now.

Kerwin50 the green monster is looking great good luck on those servos and it is a free bee job for my Bro in-law I don't think I know how to charge people for labor I do I guess, I sort of feel like everyone is good for some special trait so I feel like my services to anyone will pay off some how some day by a trait I may need from them, as If I know how to do something and can I useally get volunteered into it lol I did 1 roof for somebody a couple years ago and the next thing I knew I did 5 roofs that year and I hadn't done roofing for about 20 years when that happened, I can't wait to see how many electrical jobs I get to do for free this year lol
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old May 21, 2012, 09:16 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,278 Posts
Fellas......my charger stated that it could charge up to 5C I believe, but I found out after it arrived that that was for everything but LiPo's!!! Oh well, live and learn.

brathanke....I didn't realize my choice of best SiFi movie was put out there for you to criticize? Ever hear of an opinion? Lighten up!
snowman is offline Find More Posts by snowman
Old May 21, 2012, 09:57 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Fellas......my charger stated that it could charge up to 5C I believe, but I found out after it arrived that that was for everything but LiPo's!!! Oh well, live and learn.

brathanke....I didn't realize my choice of best SiFi movie was put out there for you to criticize? Ever hear of an opinion? Lighten up!
sorry bro... I had just woke up from a nap and was cranky when I posted that. I guess I didn't see how rough it was.
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater