SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 20, 2012, 02:51 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,614 Posts
Im havin a muddafrikken problem!!!

What is it with these plastic Fuel Jugs???

Is it just me?

Bought a new gallon from LHS and it leaked out the bottom, lost 100%

Just bought 8 gallons of Wildcat Curtis Youngblood and they are leaking

2 bad.....3 a little....... and 3 none.

Stored inside garage heated and cooled when nessessary, metal shelf, pull down shelf door closed for NO sunlight at all, should be a pretty good life!

Ive had jugs from years past that were 20 years old...no problems.

Just cheap crap jugs these days? Anybody else having this problem?

Solutions?
Dad_Roman is offline Find More Posts by Dad_Roman
to remove ads between posts
Old May 20, 2012, 03:56 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_flyer View Post
singular...

got the new A9 with telemetry installed in the Pizzaz (test bed plane)....now if the WX will play along so I can go fly...
Be careful that you don't contact terra firma while studying your telemetry.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old May 20, 2012, 04:26 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,996 Posts
Ya Daniel has more info that me. Mine is limited to voltage on my A9. It is really easy to see at a glance and it beeps about the time you start to care anyway. When the voltage alarm goes off I just cut throttle and check to see what the pack voltage is with no load. I have a couple of packs that drop voltage from the very beginning of a flight on my 51 slick now. So I check the no load voltage a lot more on those ones.
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old May 20, 2012, 04:45 PM
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,502 Posts
Maidened my ezgliderpro yesterday, tested ailerons up for landing worked great

was going to fly today but rain

Maybe Monday

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
I never close my eyes, I want to see it when I crash!! Lol

No flying this morning, I'm trying to get some yard work done but my trimmer and my mower are both giving me trouble and neither one has ever had a problem before!! WTH?!!

Hopefully I can get to the field this evening after I take my wife to ballroom dance lessons. (the lessons are for me, she is actually very good) I hope I don't walk on her feet too much!!

Let's hear those flight reports!!
David22 is offline Find More Posts by David22
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 20, 2012, 05:26 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,173 Posts
David22.....are you using the glider as a platform for FPV? It's good to see that you're still involved in the hobby......you've never spoken too much about others in your area that you fly with, so I assume you're experimenting on your own?

Bad weather has been the norm today......the sky darkened shortly after noon and the rain, thunder and lightening have been non-stop.......the rain we needed as the forest was tinder waiting for a light! The missus got most of the garden planted early so the seeds got a great soaking.

Fuel caddy is done......on to covering the wing.
snowman is offline Find More Posts by snowman
Old May 20, 2012, 05:56 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,996 Posts
Here's a little taste of what we have been missing at Joe Nall.

Joe Smith Nall 2012 noon Demo, 3D HobbyShop 103" extra (6 min 57 sec)
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old May 20, 2012, 06:12 PM
Hardrock Miner
Livingston, MT
Joined Jun 2006
752 Posts
That's just awesome. Just once I'd like to make that trip.
jacklegchris is offline Find More Posts by jacklegchris
Old May 20, 2012, 06:48 PM
Prineville Oregon
Joined Jan 2007
282 Posts
Got the brakes changed on my truck today. Can't hardly move now but got it done. None too soon either , was dang near metal to metal. Finally located a saw shop that is still in business so hoping to get some new fuel tomorrow and get my gassers going. Used to be several shops as this was a logging town, now there is only one that I could find.
Outlw36 is offline Find More Posts by Outlw36
Old May 20, 2012, 07:43 PM
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,502 Posts
Ya it was a maiden via fpv, went out abut 9 km

Not too many fly fpv that I know of around here so I almost always go out by myself

My local club is in political trouble if you want to call it that, people complain about noise and the times allowed to fly there is really

So I go other private spots

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
David22.....are you using the glider as a platform for FPV? It's good to see that you're still involved in the hobby......you've never spoken too much about others in your area that you fly with, so I assume you're experimenting on your own?

Bad weather has been the norm today......the sky darkened shortly after noon and the rain, thunder and lightening have been non-stop.......the rain we needed as the forest was tinder waiting for a light! The missus got most of the garden planted early so the seeds got a great soaking.

Fuel caddy is done......on to covering the wing.
David22 is offline Find More Posts by David22
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 20, 2012, 08:20 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
Nate, no butter with crawfish!! Lmao!! I'd love to boil crawfish for a Twistaholic gathering someday, and give you a crash course on pinching the tails and sucking the heads!!

Man, I would LOVE to go to Nall. Can't even bring myself to follow it on FG.

Got to the field about five o'clock, finally. There were about ten guys there flying combat! It was fun to watch, I saw the last two rounds. When they were done I flew the snot outta my Sabre four or five times.

What a great weekend! I hope everyone had a great time.
Glad to hear about the saw shop Outlaw and good job on those breaks, they can be a pain! You can buy a lot of Rc stuff with the coin you saved!!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old May 20, 2012, 08:26 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,247 Posts
When Joe's Mom says "Ahh, This is soo cool" she is right!

Amazing night flight over the pond at Joe Nall pilot Joe Smith (7 min 20 sec)
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old May 20, 2012, 08:29 PM
Prineville Oregon
Joined Jan 2007
282 Posts
got that right Plow, they wanted 200$ and it cost me 40$ in parts.
Outlw36 is offline Find More Posts by Outlw36
Old May 20, 2012, 08:50 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
Way to go Outlaw!

Wish I could fly like Joe Smith and a bunch of other guys. I need more stick time and better planes!! Oh, and better reflexes and more skill too! Lol
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old May 20, 2012, 09:00 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlw36 View Post
Got the brakes changed on my truck today. Can't hardly move now but got it done. None too soon either , was dang near metal to metal. Finally located a saw shop that is still in business so hoping to get some new fuel tomorrow and get my gassers going. Used to be several shops as this was a logging town, now there is only one that I could find.
If it can move, maybe those brakes are too tight.

A guy brought a plane out today with a 6 channel Hitec transmitter with a 2.4 conversion module. He wanted ME to make it work. I told him I don't know anything about Hitec. I asked him if he had bound the radio to the receiver. He said, "The book did not say to do that." I had to explain that it was a 72MHz transmitter that was converted to 2.4 so the manual does not know it has been changed and needs to be bound. Anyway I played around with it for a while and got it to bind.

Flew to buddy box flights with a guy. His plane does a weird right turn thing on the taxi roll. It pulls to the right initially and all of a sudden it hooks a left. I don't see a reason for it but it makes take-off a challenge. I made a donut on one of the take-offs. It was fairly windy so it is challenging for him to fly but good experience.

Watched the eclipse on the internet.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old May 20, 2012, 09:02 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
. His plane does a weird right turn thing on the taxi roll. It pulls to the right initially and all of a sudden it hooks a left. I don't see a reason for it but it makes take-off a challenge. I made a donut on one of the take-offs. It was fairly windy so it is challenging for him to fly but good experience.
Tricycle gear?
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy