HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 18, 2012, 05:59 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,436 Posts
Well, the batteries came in.......now don't laugh too hard.........I was in a hurry and I was connecting these funny banana plugs to what I thought was the charger lead......well.....POP-BANG0-ZOWIE....turns out I plugged one battery into another!! Well, needless to say the banana plugs on those two batteries are vaporized! My eyes are almost back to normal but I think my eyebrows are gone....and there's a bald patch in my beard. Moral of the story.........KEEP THE CLUTTER DOWN ON THE WORKBENCH.....probably ruined two of the four batteries.....although one of them is charging (after installing Deans).....the other has to wait.........funny charger has to have the balancing lead plugged in while the charging leads are plugged in also .......and of course they only give you one set of leads.
snowman is offline Find More Posts by snowman
to remove ads between posts
Old May 18, 2012, 06:28 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
O boy snowman, be careful with those lipos
Good luck Nate.
Wayne you got any links on those chokes and also where a man can get some torrid rings.
I may be able to fly the Green Machine this week end. I just straightened the landing gear.
Now it's time to install it as well as the tail wheel.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old May 18, 2012, 06:41 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,436 Posts
Good news.........all batteries have been saved!!!! My pride is another matter!
Old May 18, 2012, 07:24 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,771 Posts
Dutch oven cooking.....MMmmmmMMM

My wife made a great Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
That's alright Shane, we'll get our own shenanigans going soon enough!
You got that right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
....and yer beard

I thnk I scored me another HB 49VT
Dad_Roman is offline Find More Posts by Dad_Roman
Old May 18, 2012, 07:48 PM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
I'm getting rdy for a little dutch oven throw-down tonight. My church has a get together every year with just dads and sons. The last couple years we have had this desert cook-off w/ dutch ovens. I am making a double crust apple pie with a crumbly topping a-la-mode. Wish me luck
I just came home with pizza for my 13yr old son and seven of his closest friends. He (my son) wanted to throw an "almost the end of school year" party...he and his friends are all in the band, and they finished band this week...no more early mornings....he gets an extra 1/2 hour to sleep in. So we've got four of his friends (boys) and three of his friends (girls). They are pretty loud and rowdy right now, playing badminton in the yard. They deserve some fun...they've worked hard all year and their band scored a first place in the state contest last week. Later on we're going to have a fire in the back yard and cook s'mores and stuff...should be fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Your pride can recover...besides, it was a good object lesson. glad you weren't hurt and equally glad your brand new batteries are still usable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
O boy snowman, be careful with those lipos
Good luck Nate.
Wayne you got any links on those chokes and also where a man can get some torrid rings.
I may be able to fly the Green Machine this week end. I just straightened the landing gear.
Now it's time to install it as well as the tail wheel.
Kerwin, hope you get that thing back in operation tomorrow. I'm gonna fly the Su-26 tomorrow for the first time this year...hope everything still works.

Looks like the weather is going to be awesome for flying tomorrow...sunny and 85 with winds 10-15...I'm gonna load up the van with everything I've got in the morning...
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Old May 18, 2012, 07:51 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,771 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974 View Post

Your pride can recover...besides, it was a good object lesson. glad you weren't hurt and equally glad your brand new batteries are still usable!
Yea man....try to remember, guys start thier cars with those things!!!
Dad_Roman is offline Find More Posts by Dad_Roman
Old May 18, 2012, 08:39 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
modern training program

waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old May 18, 2012, 08:43 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,449 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
I'm getting rdy for a little dutch oven throw-down tonight. My church has a get together every year with just dads and sons. The last couple years we have had this desert cook-off w/ dutch ovens. I am making a double crust apple pie with a crumbly topping a-la-mode. Wish me luck
Dutch Ovens where we came from was pulling the covers over the wifes head and letting the gas pass..... I am not up on you methods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
modern training program
I would be up for a re- kit before this happened
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old May 18, 2012, 09:11 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,436 Posts
Remember that bow in the fuse I was telling you about...in the AeroWorks 260 Extra? Well, it ain't there no more......not after tonight's flying! Those batteries are AWESOME, by the way but that poor airframe couldn't hold up to what I put it through......while flying I saw something falling after a climbing flatspin......a piece of balsa! Brought her down and the fuse was cracked from top to bottom! Took her home and slapped some balsa on her and some packing tape and she's stronger than ever......butt ugly. The fuse on the UCD is completely covered minus the bling pieces. Wing tomorrow!

Tomorrow is Saturday fellas.........get out there and fly something.
Old May 18, 2012, 10:30 PM
USA, AR, Austin
Joined Jun 2009
326 Posts
I have had the whole week of flying . Flew every day . Today I flew the 150 t----t and the throttle worked perfect . I went through 4 tanks of gas, the first start of the day choked, flipped one time and pulled off choke, it started on first flip and ran perfect. Ran one tank on take offs and landings. Then it started on first flip the rest of the day. I put in four hours of flight time on two planes. Engine is getting broke in, just runs better and better.
tower flyer is offline Find More Posts by tower flyer
Old May 18, 2012, 10:50 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Snowman don't you know they all look good in the air.
Dad just what did you give for that HB 49
Mike always remeber these days, I'm sure your boy will.
I took a nap since we all last spoke. Boy I was plumb tuckered.
I don't know how well I'm going to do at the FLI.
Mike an Ron, you guys may have to fly my airplanes for me if I get too tired or weak.
Tomorrow I'm hoping to run up the Green Machine. I'm one of thses guys that likes to do the main preflight and run up at the hangar instead of the flight line.
I''ve got the lannding gear to bolt on, tail wheel to install and last but not least the gas tank. Too which is momma's nemesis. O the smell of gasoline.
1st this week it was the smell of daddy's foam tac glue, then epoxy that beauty salon, and now joe's garage smell. Maybe I'd better wait till morning and put the tank in out side. After all it's still 1/2 full of fuel.
BTW thats the trick of keeping your lines and the rubber in your carb soft, keeping fuel in your system. It's not like a nitro system where you empty your tank. Those gas lines will harden quick, and so will those carb parts.
Old May 18, 2012, 10:53 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Tower thats great! I glad to hear your have great success with that 150 after all.
I really hated it when they discontinued that plane.
Now you have a DLE 20 in it right.
I always thought that would be the ideal set up for the 150
Old May 18, 2012, 11:20 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
5,047 Posts
Snowdog congrats on the kids band grabbing 1st place that's awesome !! And ill have a smore please happy flying and don't worry about a crooked fuse, trims take care of that just fine, I can't recall how many planes ended up with a crooked fuse during my 42 years in the hobby well over 50 between bad repairs and people building for the 1st time lol but they all flew just fine so get that baby finished you'll barely notice the difference.

Snowman WOW I wish we had a vid of that glad everything worked out and no injuries and love you flew an airframe hard enough to straighten it out lol maybe ill take the rebuilt t40 out in a 30+ wind day and fly it WOT until she straightens out lol

Dutch oven cooking man my mouth is watering lol good luck Nate

Well its off to load the van just got back from the wiring job I have a little work to do on a few aircraft first but its flying day tomorrow wahooooo

Keep em high kids
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old May 18, 2012, 11:22 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
5,047 Posts
Oh yeah Tower excellent news on your flight report very cool
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old May 18, 2012, 11:59 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,200 Posts
well... I know it doesnt show up that well but you are looking at the award winning dutch oven apple pie

I faced some stiff competition. Someone made a blueberry crisp that people were loving. I think its just hard to compete with ice cream. The pie did turn out beyond my expectations (which werent very high).
3DNater is offline Find More Posts by 3DNater