HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 17, 2012, 11:04 AM
USA, AR, Austin
Joined Jun 2009
326 Posts
kerwin 50 I do go over everyday and try to help him. He is coping with it OK just will take time . He is going through some of their things and wants to get things settled.
I can't make it to Cape Girardeau but thinks anyway. I know how you fell about wearing down fast , I have post polio and it is a real drag at times.
tower flyer is offline Find More Posts by tower flyer
to remove ads between posts
Old May 17, 2012, 12:44 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,381 Posts
Hey! Kerwin......what's this? You're planning another trip without coming up here first??? You're going to miss the best Walleye fishing....right when the season opens!! Didn't I just hear you making plans with SnowDog for your excursion north?
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old May 17, 2012, 12:48 PM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Hey! Kerwin......what's this? You're planning another trip without coming up here first??? You're going to miss the best Walleye fishing....right when the season opens!! Didn't I just hear you making plans with SnowDog for your excursion north?
snowman, our trip to the 3DHS FLI in Cape Girardeau at the end of this month (!) takes first priority...it has been in the plans for over six months!

Perhaps you should talk with Tom, he and his son are heading north soon for fishing, if my information is correct.
SnowDog1974 is offline Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Old May 17, 2012, 12:56 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,381 Posts
While flying the 260 last night the plane continually wants to drop the left wing regardless of high or low rate.......and when I adjust to trim to make up for it...it once again starts dropping the left wing......stripped servo, loose screw on push rod?......Heck no...Its my right hand moving the flippin' flap knob without me knowing about it!!

Batteries and charger due in tomorrow!!! Whoever said Santa wears red and drives a sleigh never knew my UPS delivery man!

I'm trying to figure out what colors my naked lady will be wearing this spring? Transparent red/opaque black or perhaps metallic teal/pearl white.......the choices are endless (well, not exactly I'm doing this with what I have on hand...about 30 rolls on hand and no two that match!)
Old May 17, 2012, 12:59 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,381 Posts
SnowDog......I wouldn't dare take time away from a father and son fishing trip.....that stuff is irreplaceable!
Old May 17, 2012, 01:32 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,410 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974 View Post
snowman, our trip to the 3DHS FLI in Cape Girardeau at the end of this month (!) takes first priority...it has been in the plans for over six months!
Well... I am thinking I am going to be there, that makes 3 twisted soles loose in the Boot Heel of MO.... The others should join in eh?
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old May 17, 2012, 01:55 PM
Joined Jan 2009
5,567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
Well... I am thinking I am going to be there, that makes 3 twisted soles loose in the Boot Heel of MO.... The others should join in eh?
Good news Ron! Wasn't sure if you were going to be able to go, based on recent posts you made. Looking forward to meeting you there!!!
Site Sponsor
Old May 17, 2012, 02:00 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,410 Posts
Quote:
Good news Ron! Wasn't sure if you were going to be able to go, based on recent posts you made. Looking forward to meeting you there!!!
Hit a Gator <semi truck tire tread> on I-80 last night that took out my A/C condensor, radiator, fan assembly, with deductable and rental car I am looking a $700. This is not helping my cause.
Old May 17, 2012, 02:29 PM
Joined Jan 2009
5,567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
Hit a Gator <semi truck tire tread> on I-80 last night that took out my A/C condensor, radiator, fan assembly, with deductable and rental car I am looking a $700. This is not helping my cause.
ouch
Site Sponsor
Old May 17, 2012, 02:34 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,381 Posts
DOG! That hurts!

So this HobbyPartz add that appears right above this box as I'm typing states: "Solar Servos with Digital Metal Gears" What the heck is digital metal? Perhaps metal you can break by simply pushing on it with your digit?
Old May 17, 2012, 02:41 PM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Quote:

Perhaps you should talk with Tom, he and his son are heading north soon for fishing, if my information is correct.
Yep, leaving June 1st for the Whitefish chain of lakes near Brainerd, MN. This is my 24th year going. This is a "guys" trip and the kid is coming for the first time and he is pretty excited about it. I can't wait to go but I am also bummed about the 3DHS event...wish they had that at a different time.
CRFan1 is offline Find More Posts by CRFan1
Old May 17, 2012, 02:42 PM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Quote:
DOG! That hurts!

So this HobbyPartz add that appears right above this box as I'm typing states: "Solar Servos with Digital Metal Gears" What the heck is digital metal? Perhaps metal you can break by simply pushing on it with your digit?
LOLOL...my Solar digital metal geared servos are going in an OMP fusion with a DLE 20....hopefully have it in a month so I will let you know how they do
Old May 17, 2012, 04:32 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,381 Posts
What are you fishing for? Walleye, Pike, Bass, and Perch? I've fished extensively through northern WI and MN and the fishing IS GREAT.....as you know. I envy you. My boys are all grown up and moved away and don't love the sport enough to make time for it in their busy lives. Sad, fishing and hunting to me is what sitting at busy intersections and waiting in lines is for you city folks.......part of life! Sorry, I couldn't resist.....I have to say schwitt like that to offset the miserable clouds of black flies, flurries of mosquitoes, and being dumped on with snow 9 months out of the year that I have to endure....here, in this God-forsaken, two-bit, has-been mining town!!!!! *What was I thinking, I should have gotten out while I still could have!!*
Old May 17, 2012, 04:38 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,410 Posts
Quote:
Sorry, I couldn't resist.....I have to say schwitt like that to offset the miserable clouds of black flies, flurries of mosquitoes, and being dumped on with snow 9 months out of the year that I have to endure....here, in this God-forsaken, two-bit, has-been mining town!!!!! *What was I thinking, I should have gotten out while I still could have!!*
If it wasn't for you being there snowy, we would all soon forget how good we have it. 7 years in central Iowa was too much for me.
Old May 17, 2012, 04:56 PM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Quote:
What are you fishing for? Walleye, Pike, Bass, and Perch? I've fished extensively through northern WI and MN and the fishing IS GREAT.....as you know. I envy you. My boys are all grown up and moved away and don't love the sport enough to make time for it in their busy lives. Sad, fishing and hunting to me is what sitting at busy intersections and waiting in lines is for you city folks.......part of life! Sorry, I couldn't resist.....I have to say schwitt like that to offset the miserable clouds of black flies, flurries of mosquitoes, and being dumped on with snow 9 months out of the year that I have to endure....here, in this God-forsaken, two-bit, has-been mining town!!!!! *What was I thinking, I should have gotten out while I still could have!!*

Hehe....I would live up your way in a minute if given the chance.

My typical routine up there is to do Walley/northern in the morning and we go for monster Gills and Crappie in the evening. Bass (mostly largemouth) can be caught by the dozens if you fish for them.

Caught this one 2 years ago - 31.5"