HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 16, 2012, 08:59 AM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,288 Posts
I get it! Thanks DR!! There isn't Expo spelled out......it's under Dual Rates.........after setting the dual rates then hit select again and the +/- appears along with % !!!!! Sweet! Thanks to you too Waldo....by the way.......you've recovered a schwitt load of aircraft......how do you get those stubborn bits of monokote off the balsa?
snowman is offline Find More Posts by snowman
to remove ads between posts
Old May 16, 2012, 08:59 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
SHAKY THUMBS Waldo you hit the nail on the head. If you ever watch me fly you'll see my thumbs do the vib. It's amazing the plane still flys straight.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old May 16, 2012, 09:46 AM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
I think Expo was created for the excessive caffine addicts LOL shaky thumbs can be dangerous for us pilots and surgeons and needless to say bomb squads
We call that the "Red Bull Twitch" at our field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
DOG are you saying we're all off to snowman's for testing? Maybe some apple grilled Wallaye. Alittle fishing, alittle testing, alittle ho downing snowman's style.
Works for me as long as it is during a warm spell
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old May 16, 2012, 10:25 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,972 Posts
Ahhh the Red Bull twitch LOL Thats great !!

Kerwin I know what you mean and I only know as the years passed in started replacing Budweizer for expresso I've noticed my hands a little shakier these days LOL good thing Old Grand Dad is around to neutralize myself.

Snowman oops sorry man I keep geeting the box I have T6XA mixed up with the T6EXA so they are not the same in the set up.

I usually use the xacto for total removal of monocote first sometimes even just re heating it with an iron will have pulling right off with ease, Those stubborn bits of monocote either come off with some rough sandpaper or my x-acto and if it still doesn't remove then I try a dremmel and a very light touch and watch it burn away and if it still won't come off then it just gets covered LOL But usually even the zapped on monocote comes right off with some sandpaper. you can use debonder on the glued parts but I've never needed to go that route, I'll just sit there and shave for hours lol
Good luck at the field today
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old May 16, 2012, 10:30 AM
Joined Jan 2005
5,288 Posts
Wouldn't you know it... the wind picked up....so I'll post a few nude photographs....NO NOT ME! (You'd be permanently scarred for life if I did that! ) Then I'm going to fly in this wind and test this new "exponential" thing out......If I crash I know who to blame!
Old May 16, 2012, 10:50 AM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Wouldn't you know it... the wind picked up....so I'll post a few nude photographs....NO NOT ME! (You'd be permanently scarred for life if I did that! ) Then I'm going to fly in this wind and test this new "exponential" thing out......If I crash I know who to blame!
snowman...looks good nude

let us know how the expo flights in the wind turn out
SnowDog1974 is offline Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Old May 16, 2012, 10:53 AM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974 View Post
snowman...looks good nude

let us know how the expo flights in the wind turn out
Now Mike, how the heck do you know Snowman looks good nude???
CRFan1 is offline Find More Posts by CRFan1
Old May 16, 2012, 10:58 AM
Joined Jan 2009
5,548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRFan1 View Post
Now Mike, how the heck do you know Snowman looks good nude???
I was waiting for someone to jump on that...

* for the record, I was referring to the UCD 60 *

also, Tom, did I mention that UPS dropped a 65" Vyper on my door on Monday?
I'm gonna sell my 47" Extra SHP to offset the 65" Vyper (at least, this is the rationale I used with my wife )
Site Sponsor
Old May 16, 2012, 11:38 AM
Joined Jan 2005
5,288 Posts
10 mph wind + 18oz plane = perfectly vertical elevators from 40' to surface

I have to say that "exponential"-40% on high rates and -15% on low does make a difference! I wonder how it will fly when its calm out??

I kept the plane at eye level nearly perfectly still while at +/-1/2 throttle.... fun, fun. I can't wait for those other 4 LiPo's to get here!
Old May 16, 2012, 12:05 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
I can't either snowy. I'm glad she's working out for you.
Well I'm off work and now ready to try my little foamie in the wind. NNE at 7mph.
More to come later.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old May 16, 2012, 12:11 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,972 Posts
Thats one sexy

I think this thread could turn in a milisecond lol

Snowdog God bless ya man, I have a difficult time letting go of anything to fund something else I wish I could though it would sure make new projects easier to complete lol I guess deep down inside I just like to be surrounded with all my toys LOL

Snowman Cool glad you noticed a difference now I have to go try it dang it all. lol
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old May 16, 2012, 12:16 PM
nothing
United States, MO, Cameron
Joined Jan 2011
915 Posts
edit
Kerwin49 is offline Find More Posts by Kerwin49
Last edited by Kerwin49; May 16, 2012 at 01:41 PM.
Old May 16, 2012, 01:35 PM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974 View Post
I was waiting for someone to jump on that...

* for the record, I was referring to the UCD 60 *

also, Tom, did I mention that UPS dropped a 65" Vyper on my door on Monday?
I'm gonna sell my 47" Extra SHP to offset the 65" Vyper (at least, this is the rationale I used with my wife )
LOLOL....that's as good of an excuse as I have heard in while for a new plane

Good luck on that Big Vyp.....I really like that plane!!! I can't even keep up with your shopping spree's these days!! I have decided no more planes till something breaks. I really have everything I need at this point from foamies to electrics, to the TT60 to a gasser. The Hobby shop has not seen me in months and they are probably mad, lol
CRFan1 is offline Find More Posts by CRFan1
Old May 16, 2012, 01:51 PM
Joined Jan 2009
5,548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRFan1 View Post
LOLOL....that's as good of an excuse as I have heard in while for a new plane

Good luck on that Big Vyp.....I really like that plane!!! I can't even keep up with your shopping spree's these days!! I have decided no more planes till something breaks. I really have everything I need at this point from foamies to electrics, to the TT60 to a gasser. The Hobby shop has not seen me in months and they are probably mad, lol
No more planes...that's what I said when I got the 71" Slick
But then 3DHS had a garage sale, and I got happy on the trigger finger and ended up with a 65" Vyper for my troubles. Don't need to worry about buying any more planes; I'm tapped out now. Oh wait...did I mention that a flying buddy cut the balsa for a .40 size profile and just gave it to me with the plans? He wants us to do some 3D stuff at our club with identical planes...he's a profile nut...and he got me hooked...I've got a Saito .72 still sitting on the test bench, and I've got the servos, and a radio, all just sitting around doing nothing, and even some left over covering from a previous airframe...so all I've had to buy to put together this profile is a 48" fiberglass tube which cost about $8.

I wish I could buy time to build and fly all these great airframes...oh yeah, and buy good weather for Saturday mornings...lately, Saturday mornings have been rubbish in terms of flying weather. Your area got pounded last Saturday, didn't it?
oh well, at least I've always got something to do in my spare time.
Site Sponsor
Old May 16, 2012, 02:34 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,288 Posts
Wing and Fuse are ready to be covered.......now just the ailerons, rudder, elevator, turtle deck and a few odds and ends....probably start covering it tomorrow. Perhaps a couple more batteries through the 260 tonight.