Old May 13, 2012, 12:44 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRFan1 View Post
I am gonna guess your ignition is fine. Gonna be one of a few things IMO:

1) Prop is junk...like Wayne said, try a new one just to be safe as this is the easiest alternative.

2) You got a bad engine....that is, the internal machining balancing of the crank may be out of whack.

3) Try retarding your timing just a bit.

All gassers vibrate pretty hard and my DLE shakes my slick like a paint mixer until it gets close to half throttle
geez maybe we just dont know what to expect... i have held a few dle 30 powered planes for ppl at the club and they vibrated quite a bit. I wish I was up there doing it myself so I could feel it.

the tuning is a concern too though. It wont idle well. the tach shows close to 1000 rpms in variation.
3DNater is offline Find More Posts by 3DNater
to remove ads between posts
Old May 13, 2012, 02:09 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,299 Posts
I feel for ya man! I hope it all comes out in the wash on Monday........sounds like Wayne, Kerwin, DOG, SD, etc......all have some good thoughts on the matter....when I encounter a problem like your's that's taking time away from flying.....I look to whatever solution that will get me back into the air as soon as possible....it's all about the flying!

Today seemed like a good day to go over the Aeroworks 260 EP, as a post flight inspection wasn't done at the field. Low and behold.....one of the aileron servos was stripped......wouldn't you know it... there was only three new Hitec HS-55's in my shop and I used a servo from the box marked "good".....and it turns out to be stripped (or did I strip it at the field)! Tragedy was avoided anyhow.

Jack211 left me my next project......a Duraplane Sturdy Bird. I'm removing the tired receiver and skis and replacing them with a new receiver and wheels. We both enjoyed these flying drainpipes equipped with cheap ST .51's.....they are indestructible...well at least this one was.....it was the sole survivor of our last battle over the ice at Swedetown Pond! Good memories!
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old May 13, 2012, 02:57 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Snowman that may have been why you didn't like the way she flew.
What is your set-up, motor, ESC, prop?
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Last edited by kerwin50; May 13, 2012 at 03:07 PM.
Old May 13, 2012, 05:37 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
Terrance has been flying a Hyperion yak and a hangar 9 260. Nothing with an OS 55 gasser.

Went to College Station yesterday and picked up the soon to be A&M graduate child and then we all spent the day shopping and getting treats locally, we even hit the county museum. Then today we went down to Austin and saw Dark Shadows at the IMAX theater. Then we hit Nordstroms, Sephora, etc. for some Mothers Day shopping. Finally, we hit Krispy Kreme for something sweet and got Chuy's Mexican food to bring home. There are three happy girls and one broke but pleased Plowboy laying around here right now! Hope all had a great time with your loved ones today.
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old May 13, 2012, 05:45 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,639 Posts
Went flyin....only one other guy showed.

I havent flown in a year (glow) UGH's flew great as always

Tip of the day!!!!
Dont leave your stuff dirty for a year
Dad_Roman is offline Find More Posts by Dad_Roman
Old May 13, 2012, 06:30 PM
Montana Transplant
United States, OR, Klamath Falls
Joined Aug 2005
1,932 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
Terrance has been flying a Hyperion yak and a hangar 9 260. Nothing with an OS 55 gasser.

Went to College Station yesterday and picked up the soon to be A&M graduate child and then we all spent the day shopping and getting treats locally, we even hit the county museum. Then today we went down to Austin and saw Dark Shadows at the IMAX theater. Then we hit Nordstroms, Sephora, etc. for some Mothers Day shopping. Finally, we hit Krispy Kreme for something sweet and got Chuy's Mexican food to bring home. There are three happy girls and one broke but pleased Plowboy laying around here right now! Hope all had a great time with your loved ones today.
this is what he "had" it on,,,
mt_flyer is offline Find More Posts by mt_flyer
Old May 13, 2012, 06:31 PM
Montana Transplant
United States, OR, Klamath Falls
Joined Aug 2005
1,932 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Roman View Post
Went flyin....only one other guy showed.

I havent flown in a year (glow) UGH's flew great as always

Tip of the day!!!!
Dont leave your stuff dirty for a year
me too... myself and 3 of my dogs....
mt_flyer is offline Find More Posts by mt_flyer
Old May 13, 2012, 06:54 PM
nothing
United States, MO, Cameron
Joined Jan 2011
923 Posts
I too flew by myself today, conditions were 72o light winds out the the Northwest.
2 flights on the Revolver......life is good!
Kerwin49 is online now Find More Posts by Kerwin49
Old May 13, 2012, 07:19 PM
Prineville Oregon
Joined Jan 2007
283 Posts
put new brake pads on the front of the wife's car. then looked over my sbach. charged the rx and tx batts and adjusted the control linkages to neutral. was gonna install the fuel tank but gonna need new fue linel first. tygon has turned hard after so many months of being out of fuel.
Outlw36 is offline Find More Posts by Outlw36
Last edited by Outlw36; May 13, 2012 at 07:20 PM. Reason: blind
Old May 13, 2012, 07:33 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
See how you are K49. You sent me an email but didn't call me.
I didn't see my email until almost 7.
and momma dosn't like me flying my larger planes alone.

On a lighter note I did maiden my lil MX. Since it doesn't have wheels and was out of trim and I crashed on the 1st hand launch. I just couldn't get my right hand on the sticks fast enough after I hand launched her. I added 3 clicks of up elev to here and I was successful on the 2nd time.
Boy she is a real nice flyer. I was just starting to put her through her paces when the motor came out of the mounting tube. seems I left the screw out of the mounting tube.
I put some velcro on my new batteries now I just have to wait till for the foam tac to dry. Though I do have another battery ready to go.
Old May 13, 2012, 08:10 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Wayne I want to apologize. I completely misunderstood you. I should of read your post a little better. I am sorry
I normally don't take pain meds but sat I was so sore that I took some and I was a bit inebriated.
Old May 13, 2012, 08:14 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,299 Posts
Kerwin.....I purchased the motor and ESC from Tower.....Rimfire 400 outrunner, 25 A Silver ESC, 10x4.7 APC Electric prop, 11.1v 1300 mAh LiPo (Electrifly) ...plenty of power.....and you could be right......it may have been the servo all along......as soon as the wind dies down I'll find that out.

I completely rebuilt the Duraplane Sturdy Birdie......new drain pipe, two new servos, new fuel tank and tubing, new battery, new receiver.....few more refinements and it'll be ready for early this week! I also found a Big Stick 60 size that will fly soon too......OH, and most importantly......a brand spankin' new T_ _ _T 40 with a OS .61 FX new in the box....buried behind a sheet of 1/4" tempered hardboard...forgot I had it.
Old May 13, 2012, 08:36 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
Snowman!! wth?! That's weird....but awesome!!! I'm gonna go search my garage!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old May 13, 2012, 09:23 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Have any of you all ever purchased the O.S. 55 gasser? Just curious.
Arron is running the OS 33 and is loving the power it has. He broke it on on the 3DHS 30cc Edge and it just keeps getting stronger

Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
I was looking at the picture of you Figi bottle, and you not running a vent loop and drip weep out the bottom of the plane?
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old May 13, 2012, 09:25 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,299 Posts
My shop is just plain messy....I do however aspire to achieve greatness like Wayne's shop...mon dieu....magnificent!! On the way I hope to reach levels of attainment such as Waldo's expansive (and tidy) construction central....or DR's sprawling two-car-takeover! Until that day I hope that there are more pleasant discoveries like today's! Plow, we haven't seen your new work area or did I miss that?