HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 03, 2012, 07:31 AM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,062 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
Thanks DOG. That is kinda how I was thinking.

Does your club member have any idea how insensitive he is being? Has anybody sat him down yet? I liked the options of having him apologize and the temp suspension. Otherwise I'd just show him the road, friend or not because he is not behaving as a friend should.
Some people do well with travel, I dont mind it, I may have 2 over nights a month myself which is not bad.

I have to let the club officers deal with these issues, ultimately what I think there is a bigger picture when it affects the ability to have a mutual land agreement. Its good to get perspective from you guys being from different clubs and such.
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
to remove ads between posts
Old May 03, 2012, 07:42 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,500 Posts
Quote:
Surfaces hinged, main gear and tail wheel done. Gotta work tomorrow!

Speaking of work, if you could get a job making substantially more money but you would have to travel half the time, would it be worth it to you? Anybody? I mean 30% or more possible increase.
I've never had to travel overnight much for work. Not sure I would dig that.
NO and not just no but hell no.
Half the time your away from home.
You have a little girl thats going to need a full time dad. Plus what about momma.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old May 03, 2012, 07:46 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
kerwin I guess you could have a slick for around $500 if you take stuff out of the green machine for it. I have around $1000 into my 70" at this point. I did a few extras though what with the smoke etc.
SSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
One step at a time Nate.
I wouldn't want to spring it all on her at once.
I'd cry the blues BUT momma I really can't just tear the Green Machine down.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old May 03, 2012, 08:03 AM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Quote:

Speaking of work, if you could get a job making substantially more money but you would have to travel half the time, would it be worth it to you? Anybody? I mean 30% or more possible increase.
honestly, you will find traveling that much sucks! You end up with little free time and when you are home you are getting caught up on everything else. It will burn you out unless you are one of those rare people who actually love the punishment of traveling all the time, lol
CRFan1 is offline Find More Posts by CRFan1
Old May 03, 2012, 08:24 AM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Man....I'm getting the cold shoulder from Wayne and David22 both....what did I do?
Huh? Howz that? I have been busy looking for a job, learning astronomy, and trying to sell some RC Stuff. No time for dissn' anyone.

Quote:

Not an easy question Alan. I would do it, but that is me. I don't have kids at home. My wife and I have done it before. But I am considerably older now. I have been looking of a job myself. I can't relocate so I have to be more flexible about travel. You could set a time limit, like a year, and put the 30% away for retirement or maybe kid's college. It is stressful but with the communications available today, video/voice/IM, it is not as bad as it used to be.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Last edited by waynemia; May 03, 2012 at 08:56 AM.
Old May 03, 2012, 08:25 AM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,224 Posts
Shane/Alan - Sent a PM about being in Hillsboro on Saturday.

Looks like an RC field at Lake Whitney.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Last edited by waynemia; May 03, 2012 at 08:39 AM.
Old May 03, 2012, 08:59 AM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
4,958 Posts
Wayne,Davi22.....I had asked you both for your opinion on the Cularis, as I had thought you each had owned one at one time or another...maybe you missed my one-liner a page or two back? (Thinking it was some off-topic drivel, perhaps.....ugh.....I'm crushed.)
snowman is offline Find More Posts by snowman
Old May 03, 2012, 09:25 AM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
We.... have a RC club at a full scale airport, private grass strip. This facility has seen a decline in full scale traffic for the last few years, its nearly none. There are 8-10 planes stored there, 3 or so never move. Having to stop flying for them is few and far between.

We have a standing Club and Airport rule that is above ALL Others. When a Full Scale enters the pattern, planes and people are NOT ON THE RUNWAY. Seems simple right?

One of our fairly long standing club members Sunday thought it would be cool to see how it felt to stand on the active runway, on purpose, to see how it would feel. Mind you, I wasnt there at the time, but with the phone calls I KNEW it must have been true. This is the type thing that could have our entire club removed from this big, wide open, field and we have no recourse....yup... he did it. So... the officers have got to be brought up to speed, do damage control, and figure out what to do about this. He could be a danger to others.

2 nights later at the meeting, still not prepared to deal with this, he speaks up in open forum and tells everyone he did this.

I seen 2 people's heads hit the tables and about 15 W D F glares from around the room and I am too stumped to even address it. Meeting is already running behind due to the fact this same person is stirring up issues in other areas that additionally could cost us our lease.

What do you do with that? You can not fix stupid.
Ban him from the club and make him wear a shirt that says "I AM NOT WITH STUPID, I *AM* STUPID!"
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Old May 03, 2012, 09:46 AM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Kind of bored so I ordered up some servos (5) for a future 70" sized electric or gasser some day...LOL

Anybody ever try these? They seem to have very good specs and the price is right

http://www.hobbypartz.com/33p-solarservo-d771.html
Old May 03, 2012, 09:51 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
I've never tried those but I would like to get your feedback after you try them.

Wayne, let me work on that.
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old May 03, 2012, 10:07 AM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Quote:
I've never tried those but I would like to get your feedback after you try them.

Wayne, let me work on that.
Will do Plow.....
Old May 03, 2012, 10:13 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRFan1 View Post
Kind of bored so I ordered up some servos (5) for a future 70" sized electric or gasser some day...LOL

Anybody ever try these? They seem to have very good specs and the price is right

http://www.hobbypartz.com/33p-solarservo-d771.html
I haven't tried them and would also be interested in hearing how they work out for you.

I am going to be using some high voltage digitals from power hd in my 70". I haven't seen them yet but my buddy says he is way impressed with them on the ground. I'll let everyone know soon since it's getting close to maiden time
3DNater is offline Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old May 03, 2012, 10:15 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
I was bringing my ARF into the garage this morning before I left for work and I rammed it into the door! I heard a crack but I can't figure out what broke. I didn't have time to mess with it either. I guess the plane Gods just don't want me to fly profiles! WTH?!! Maybe I'm not Bro material! Lol
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old May 03, 2012, 10:19 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,766 Posts
Plow yes travel with a job is a loaded question, Some love it others don't I never minded travel and over nighters but I never was on a schedule for long durations at a time so it never bothered me at all, Being in a band I was hoping to be on tour just to see the country side but I've been very careful about taking that tour as I've seen all my friend musicians try it and they usually come back broke no jobs and the band breaks up cause they all hate each other LOL Its a tough life but if done right, with the right people it would be awesome, I want to make sure we are booked from place to place and have an actual schedule not just winging it on the road. But driving the truck where I work now has sent me over night and long hours on the road numerous times its just not daily so I love it. But just being out there I can see where it would get pretty old fast if you had other interests and missed your family.

Snowman Maybe they haven't made an opinion of the cularis yet so they don't know what to say about it. lol

DOG its a tough decision no matter what when something like that happens but man a friend or not has to be told what kind of jeapordy he has put the club in and the predicament he has put you and the club in. I would for sure speak up about it. I remember getting booted off the Albany Airport runway more than a few times when we were kids and used to love to lay on the end of the runway as the 747's came in for a landing I have to say it was very cool to us back then but we were stupid teens and the world was a heck of allot different back then. I can't even think of doing that again, maybe for fear of being arrested as I'm older now lol
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old May 03, 2012, 10:19 AM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Quote:
I was bringing my ARF into the garage this morning before I left for work and I rammed it into the door! I heard a crack but I can't figure out what broke. I didn't have time to mess with it either. I guess the plane Gods just don't want me to fly profiles! WTH?!! Maybe I'm not Bro material! Lol
LOLOLOL...geeze man