Wing sheeted and cap stripped
Telemaster
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
to remove ads between posts
Old May 01, 2012, 09:45 AM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,288 Posts
Plow...I fail to understand the need to hide your aircraft under a brushpile such as that?
Oh, and fellas... all this talk about the "B" word isn't helping....have pity on a dieting T---taholic!
Waldo...I've been assembling a plane too, but its no where near as fast as yours will be!
snowman is offline Find More Posts by snowman
Old May 01, 2012, 09:50 AM
Joined Jan 2005
5,288 Posts
Wayne....first take plenty of pictures and videos....second, clearly and concisely state what you're doing (that's a given with you)....and post them on a new thread.
Last edited by snowman; May 01, 2012 at 09:51 AM. Reason: sp
Old May 01, 2012, 09:55 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,073 Posts
build threads are immune because of the extra effort for the benefit of your fellow pilots. The model airplane gods are well fed by your efforts. Remember sharing is caring
3DNater is offline Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old May 01, 2012, 10:12 AM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Wayne....first take plenty of pictures and videos....second, clearly and concisely state what you're doing (that's a given with you)....and post them on a new thread.
I can't take pictures if PB won't let me take pictures before the maiden.
Old May 01, 2012, 10:24 AM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,330 Posts
I think Allen has always been a photophobe
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old May 01, 2012, 10:40 AM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
This was my most recent build thread. I have done a few.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1586457

Also instructional videos on youtube.

Maybe too much teacher time. Army instructor, Ham Radio mentor, SCUBA instructor, First Aid instructor, School Teacher, RC Pilot instructor, Corporate trainer, probably some other stuff. (My memory is slip-sliding away...)
Old May 01, 2012, 10:54 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
build threads are immune because of the extra effort for the benefit of your fellow pilots. The model airplane gods are well fed by your efforts. Remember sharing is caring
This ^^^^^^^^

[QUOTE=snowman;21487483]Plow...I fail to understand the need to hide your aircraft under a brushpile such as that?
Oh, and fellas... all this talk about the "B" word isn't helping....have pity on a dieting T---taholic!
Waldo...I've been assembling a plane too, but its no where near as fast as yours will be![/

Helluva place to land eh?!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
I think Allen has always been a photophobe
Who? Me? (doing my best Newman imitation)

Wayne, that is a good guess too, wish he'd clear it up!!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old May 01, 2012, 11:01 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,972 Posts
Snowman Thats awesome that your putting a plane together Glad to hear that I hope being out here and getting your hands on the sticks again really gave you the bug to be back in the sky as I sure miss the Snowy flight reports

Plow You have to take pics before the maiden its usually the only proof you ever had a plane, what if it flew away (I know from experience ) And Now I see what the problem has been....... I did not know this for some reason.
ITS A PROFILE !!!! Don't you know the law of the profile is you can only take pics of its profile lol unless of course you have a string bean for a pilot then it all looks uniform so sorry to see that destruction though

WAYNE !!!! WTH man Why were we never told of this build thread, Or maybe we were and I will now take foot from mouth and apologize. I love watching build threads go together I just went through your entire build and maiden Very very nice sir and that flew sweet man Excellent build and flight Loved that 1 wing skid landing too,, Just perfection.

Quote:
What is it Waldo?!! No fair!!
Come on I can't tell you I have to make you wonder what it is so you'll guess it before the end of the build
Who knows their aircraft I ask ? I know i wouldn't be able to guess as i didn't even know the Plane Plows been maidening and crashing was a profile until I just saw the pics Bad waldo bad bad bad
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old May 01, 2012, 11:51 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
"maidening and crashing". Lol, that says it all right there!
Old May 01, 2012, 12:03 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Nice cameras wayne But if I can't afford an 8 dollar epoxy then a camera for 175 is pout of the question.
Of course I won't be broke forever.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old May 01, 2012, 12:04 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Snowy what are you building, do tell.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old May 01, 2012, 01:40 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,972 Posts
Yeah I Wonder what he's building too LOL
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old May 01, 2012, 03:20 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,288 Posts
Ah, I'm assembling the parts for an old Global Wattage Empress.....that began its life as an under powered electric, put in a .10 glow... too much power.. fuse would flex wildly.........now using a lipo setup and brushless instead of a geared brushed motor I started with. The plane is missing the rudder and everything needs to be put back into and then balanced....should take a month or two?

I jumped on the motorcycle and drove to nearby town to see if one of the guys I used to fly with is still flying......he wasn't home, but his dad, who lives next door and is an avid rc pilot in his own right, said his son was at work. He then walks me through his son's home which is filled to the brim with his collection of airplanes new and old just waiting to be flown. He said he's been building all winter and that he and his son are itching to get out. They're 20 miles away, but looks like I have a father and son (son is 50) to fly with this summer!
Old May 01, 2012, 03:47 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
Now that's good news snowman!