HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 01, 2012, 07:32 AM
Montana Transplant
United States, OR, Klamath Falls
Joined Aug 2005
1,923 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
Kerwin, you gotta get rid of the 'Y' connector on your ailerons. Don't you have a 9 channel receiver?

Just curious, how many of you run up your engine (or motor) and check all surfaces just before takeoff, every time you fly?
bitten by wrong direction
and I do range check with it running (tied down)
mt_flyer is offline Find More Posts by mt_flyer
to remove ads between posts
Old May 01, 2012, 07:46 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,253 Posts
Kerwin, it's not a problem but you miss out on taking advantage of having independent adjustability (subtrim), as well as aileron differential or flaperon. Also if one channel would freak out, for whatever reason, you would at least have one working aileron if you were using two channels.
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old May 01, 2012, 08:12 AM
RC = Drama Free
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
11,658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_flyer View Post
bitten by wrong direction
and I do range check with it running (tied down)
With Gassers <ignition noise> a 360 degree running range check is very good idea while tired down and various throttle settings.

Switching BEC's are also known to cause noise and need to be kept clear of the RX <and antenna on 72Mhz>. Linear are not as cool and efficent but they make hardly any noise.

Y Cables on big planes can add addition IO load on the RX power plus if you have one servo go insaine, the other one is taking clear direction from another channel. You also get the added bonus of setting them with their own endpoints, mixing, differential. Good stuff.
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old May 01, 2012, 08:29 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,532 Posts
Great point Plow And so glad to hear the bro is doing better, I love having the 2 channels for ailerons for exactly all you said.

Brathanke Yeah I'd say fix it first also as long as its safe Then if you had to maybe you could sell it for more towards the new vehicle down the road a bit.

I don't care how many times I fly a plane in one day I always check the direction of the throws before lift off it just takes a second or less the hardest part is just remembering to do so, it only took me about 25 -50 crashes because of that particular problem over the years to get that programmed into my head lol And I still forget, but not usually. I basically tune out everything and everyone around me for that 1- 2 seconds before take off just to say to myself and most times out loud Right / left aileron , right / left Rudder, Up / down, if installed, full flaps down / up it also helps to see any strange jitters or surfaces not centering the way they should.

anyway I'm pleased to say its just part of my routine now and extrememly seldom I forget. It has definitely saved me a few times now because of being on the wrong model number or whatever, As I usually bring 5 or 6 planes with me and am consistantly switching the model numbers and now I have 2 boxes to switch back and forth with LOL so thats double the mistakes I can make.

Kerwinalpha50 Sorry to hear of all the green troubles that for sure is a bummer but I know you'll get her back in ship shape order.

I say to heck with everything and lets all go bankrupt this year buying the toys we love to with bills, cars, food, housing, etc..... its time for a T_ _ _ Taholic buy all convention then we can all move to a nice flyable dry area and we will all live in MTs Motor Home its time all us hard working scraping every penny we have together just to buy a prop T_ _ _ Ters take a stand to declare our worth just say it..... I will buy what I want and when I want to !!!! and as many times as I like this year!!!!
And then We shal..... umm whats that honey,,, we need pampers,,, Curses foiled again LOL can I have a donut
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old May 01, 2012, 08:38 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,253 Posts
Waldo!! Lol!!
Is that bacon I smell?
Old May 01, 2012, 08:42 AM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
I say to heck with everything and lets all go bankrupt this year buying the toys we love to with bills, cars, food, housing, etc..... its time for a T_ _ _ Taholic buy all convention then we can all move to a nice flyable dry area and we will all live in MTs Motor Home its time all us hard working scraping every penny we have together just to buy a prop T_ _ _ Ters take a stand to declare our worth just say it..... I will buy what I want and when I want to !!!! and as many times as I like this year!!!!
And then We shal..... umm whats that honey,,, we need pampers,,, Curses foiled again LOL can I have a donut
Quote:
Waldo!! Lol!!
Is that bacon I smell?
I find it is easier to convince my wife that I can have bacon as opposed to donuts...why is bacon an easier sell than donuts?
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Old May 01, 2012, 08:43 AM
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,532 Posts
Bacon ? Bacon ! BACONNNNN lol

Forgot to post the progress
Wing sheeted and cap stripped
Old May 01, 2012, 08:44 AM
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,532 Posts
Quote:
why is bacon an easier sell than donuts
The wonderful scent of bacon in the air says breakfast is on the way in a delightful way to a hungry woman
Old May 01, 2012, 08:44 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,253 Posts
What is it Waldo?!! No fair!!
Old May 01, 2012, 08:45 AM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
My camera is broken other wise I''d post some pic's.
I happen to have cameras for sale. Still and Video.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/for/2981051709.html
http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/for/2969780275.html
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Last edited by waynemia; May 01, 2012 at 09:09 AM.
Old May 01, 2012, 09:19 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,253 Posts
Never take pics before a maiden....
Old May 01, 2012, 09:21 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,253 Posts
Or this could happen...
Old May 01, 2012, 09:23 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,253 Posts
Don't know why they're sideways? Sorry!!
Old May 01, 2012, 09:27 AM
Montana Transplant
United States, OR, Klamath Falls
Joined Aug 2005
1,923 Posts
Quote:
Or this could happen...
I think I have seen that tree before
mt_flyer is offline Find More Posts by mt_flyer
Old May 01, 2012, 09:31 AM