HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 30, 2012, 07:53 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
Man! Those are some nice looking foamys, but they seem kinda pricy to me! Is it just me? I know I'm a cheapo!! Lol

Nate! Fix the car! It's the devil that you know! Don't go into debt, which it sounds like you are already determined not to do, (I congratulate you) and don't gamble on somebody else's problems!! As long as you are not putting your wife and children into an unsafe vehicle them don't worry about anything but getting from A to B! You will have the last laugh later on in life when your fortune is made and all the other people your age are having their fancy cars repossessed!!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 30, 2012, 07:54 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
Thanks R Diddy! I'm told he is awake and arguing with his wife!! That's a good sign!!
Old Apr 30, 2012, 07:57 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
Hey Ron, I was heading out to fly my buddy's 104 last year and he crashed it before I got there. I'm told they don't fly as well as the 89" or the 126" (which I flew, and it fly amazingly well!), because of some changes to the tail moment, is that true?
Old Apr 30, 2012, 08:19 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,518 Posts
Here's a link to my crash report. http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/s...36#post1725805

I would of probaly repaiered her but I've only got ex amount of days for the flylow convention.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Apr 30, 2012, 08:25 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,518 Posts
Nate it's a shame we don't live closer as I'd help you fix your car.
What kind is it and whats the matter with it?
We too are looking at another car. we've been looking at craiglist as well as maybe getting a dealers lic and just go to the auto auction.
I've found a real nice Linclon town car with 70 some odd thousand miles for 5 grand.

BTW the way I paid for my Green Machince was scrapping my old linclon.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 08:30 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
Hey Ron, I was heading out to fly my buddy's 104 last year and he crashed it before I got there. I'm told they don't fly as well as the 89" or the 126" (which I flew, and it fly amazingly well!), because of some changes to the tail moment, is that true?
I have not heard anything like that. I have a buddy in the UK with a Leccy 104, Arron has been lovin his 104, one of our members has a 104 and him and another member flew it and thought is was just perfection.

I flew a !04 at 162 mistakes high and it went were it was pointed. <me not like flying OPM's> The 104 slick does come with an extra set of Elevators, one for 3D and another for IMAC, that could make a difference.
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Apr 30, 2012, 08:32 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,949 Posts
It sounds like the concensus was to fix the car... which is what I was kind of planning on anyway.

*It needs a new windsheild (even though it passed inspection for the past two years with the exact same cracks)

*air conditioning leaks fixed and charged

*new door handle assembly in the sliding door. Right now it is inoperable. At one point I had dug into it and put a bandaid on it with bailing wire but it can't be fixed that way again.

The car burns some oil but runs pretty strong. We only paid $1200 for it two years ago so we are really on borrowed time anyway.
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Apr 30, 2012, 08:52 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
Here's a link to my crash report. http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/s...36#post1725805

I would of probaly repaiered her but I've only got ex amount of days for the flylow convention.
.We had a long time member show up a few weeks ago with one of his simply powered glider planeshe has had for years. Sam has few planes, seldom adds or changes anything. He piled this little electric the same way and we figured out they were reversed. He too had no idea what happened. His TX was a older simple not computer so he was very confused how it happened. That really sux
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Apr 30, 2012, 09:07 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,102 Posts
Here's an eye-opener for ya.......I got my driver's license when I was 15 and I've owned over 43 vehicles since!!!!!! Sure many were $100 beaters that you could drive for a year, but now that I'm thinking about it......those $100 beaters back then would cost you $2000 now. Cash for Clunkers really took many vehicles off the market and created a void in the marketplace......our ever-wise goberment figuring more folks would be buying new and hence stimulate the economy.......yeah.......go baby!
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old Apr 30, 2012, 09:25 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
Just got around to dismantling the Sabre carnage and, just for the record, my fuse repairs held beautifully! Lol

Sorry about your plane Kerwin!!
Old Apr 30, 2012, 09:26 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
Snowman, think of all the money you saved!!
Old Apr 30, 2012, 10:36 PM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,443 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
It sounds like the concensus was to fix the car... which is what I was kind of planning on anyway.

*It needs a new windsheild (even though it passed inspection for the past two years with the exact same cracks)

*air conditioning leaks fixed and charged

*new door handle assembly in the sliding door. Right now it is inoperable. At one point I had dug into it and put a bandaid on it with bailing wire but it can't be fixed that way again.

The car burns some oil but runs pretty strong. We only paid $1200 for it two years ago so we are really on borrowed time anyway.
Nate, we "recharge" the A/C in our van every year now. We've got duct tape and bailing wire in there too..just replaced the brakes and rotors. We've had the van since it was brand new in 1998....kicked over 200K miles this year. We're going to keep driving it until it won't drive no more. Repairing beats a car payment or the unknowns of buying a used vehicle (unless you've got a mechanic you can trust to assess someone's used car. My advice: fix your old one unless it is unsafe.
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Old May 01, 2012, 06:11 AM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post

K50 hat is a total bummer! Hope you get her fixed up soon!
CRFan1 is offline Find More Posts by CRFan1
Old May 01, 2012, 06:48 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
Kerwin, you gotta get rid of the 'Y' connector on your ailerons. Don't you have a 9 channel receiver?

Just curious, how many of you run up your engine (or motor) and check all surfaces just before takeoff, every time you fly?
Old May 01, 2012, 07:30 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,518 Posts
Guys it's really funny. I'm not the only one who has a plane that is worth as much as as either of our cars or have our fleet worth more than our cars.
Well it's been a slow process working on my new fuse as I've been using finishing rosin for my fiberglass re enforcment. It takes so long for it to set up. But I'm about out of 5 minute epoxy and broke. UNLESS I dipp into savings and momma isn't happy about that.

Plowboy the main reason I used wye connector is to keep from getting them switched and backwards. Is there a problew with using a wye on the ailerons?

Yes I run my motor up and check all my surfaces before going up each and every time.
BUT not necessarly the direction.
Although I'm going to now that I have a phantom programer lurking about.
My camera is broken other wise I''d post some pic's.
Well it's off to work I go