HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 28, 2012, 10:55 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,970 Posts
Snowman I usually start at the center wing spar on a high wing trainer type most CG's are usually within a 1/4 inch of it.

Cool david , yes some new vids are needed of that for sure.
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 28, 2012, 11:51 AM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,287 Posts
Thanks fellas......I've got a place to start!
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old Apr 28, 2012, 03:12 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
My A123 battery came in today!! I can't say enough about the customer service from Justin at Vital RC!! You guys outta throw him some business when you can. If the product is half as good as the service then we have a winner. The battery got here quick with lots of communication and it was almost fully charged even! It took 31 mAh to top off! Here is the link, check out how this thing is rigged for receiver or ignition:
http://www.vital-rc.com/a123-batteries.html

On another note, I still can't figure out what the problem is with my ailerons! Would one of you Spektrum gurus try to help 'ol Plowboy out?! They don't go down as far as they go up. It's not a geometry problem because they will travel bevel to bevel when the power is off. I have set the end points to max. The aileron differential will only raise them up. I don't know what the Hell is going on here. It will fly like this but it's bugging me!! Any ideas guys?? I know somebody here can help!!!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Apr 28, 2012, 05:00 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
I see, you boys are just gonna leave me hangin' . That's alright.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 05:46 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Sorry plow I'm a Futaba man. Can't help you
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Apr 28, 2012, 05:48 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,287 Posts
Futaba all the way......sorry Plow ol buddy.
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old Apr 28, 2012, 05:49 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,329 Posts
My Spektrum use is driven by a Futaba radio and configurations. If it is a Spektrum transmitter I am going to be as challenged <if not more> then you Allen.
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Apr 28, 2012, 06:38 PM
Prineville Oregon
Joined Jan 2007
283 Posts
sorry but I'll stick with my trouble-free RDS8000.

Airtronics that is, sorry Plow.
Outlw36 is online now Find More Posts by Outlw36
Old Apr 28, 2012, 07:38 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
Lmao!! You are a fine lot!! It's okay, Bob and I figured it out. The default flap settings were the problem. I have hellacious up and down throw now!!

Going to try to remaiden tomorrow morning before the 25 mph winds start. If I get there early enough it might only be 15~20!!
Old Apr 28, 2012, 07:49 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,970 Posts
Plow sorry I wasn't on earlier to help you out my first bit of advice was going to have you check the defaults on the box settings as most planes should have a little less down than up for wing stall purposes.
Then again I might just be full of it lol. Good luck on the remaiden

No flying today we have the grandson all weekend he's a blast but I did start a new build pics on Monday
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Apr 28, 2012, 07:53 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
By the way, thanks anyway guys. I know you would have helped if you could. I sure do like my Futaba radio better than this Spektrum one in terms of usability. Futaba programming just seems more intuitive, not that Spektrum is all that complicated, it just doesn't have the logical progression that Futaba has, in my opinion.
I'd like to try that Airtronics 10 channel radio as well as the Hitec just to see what they are like.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 07:56 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
Hey Waldo! You slipped in on me! Enjoy that grandbaby!! that beats flying any day, I'm sure!!
Old Apr 28, 2012, 08:11 PM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlw36 View Post
sorry but I'll stick with my trouble-free RDS8000.

Airtronics that is, sorry Plow.
Oh yeah! Airtronics all the way...RDS8000...now an SD10G!
Sorry plow...can't help with Spectrum.
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Old Apr 28, 2012, 08:13 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,329 Posts
9CHP Update

The Club member that messes with Nasa Satalites has already came through. Something about copper foil and the circut board was no problem, took 2 switches and made one. I am excited!
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Apr 28, 2012, 08:33 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Alright guys I gots lots to say so I'll make it in a couple of post

frist flight report, after waking up from my nap I took the little edge out for a spin. The rain was still trying to spit on me alittle. But I did make it down to the cemetary.

The temp was 64 with a nort wind of 9. I took off to the east and even with a cross wind the little edge lifted off effortlessly. I took up wind really high and did a KE spin. Now this little edge emits such a buzz doing the KE spin that it's almost mesmorizing. she got pretty low befor I brought her out of it.. I did the same with an inverted flat spin.
. Now on the 2nd pack I took down wind and started working on my harriers. I was bringing her down real slow in a high alpha harrier and thought about landing her. I chickened out at the last minute, throttled up and about lost her. That damn cross coupling got me and boy those wings were wagging doing the dance
. I decided right thern and there no more low level harriers till after the slick convention.
My 3rd pack I worked on my KE's by then it was getting hazey and I got alittle disoriented and once again I about lost her.
My 4th pack I decided to try and play circle flyer but that didn't happen once again I flat spun her and I just had to do one more KE spin.
She was landing alot better going up the hill than the other day when I was landing to the west and going down hill.
While the hill isn't steep it still makes for a fast landing going down hill.
It was a nice evening.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50