HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 23, 2012, 03:17 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRFan1 View Post
Damn!! Sorry to hear Plow

Not sure I would be so quick to blame the spektrum stuff to be the direct culprit as other things can be at play. Me and half the guys in our club use it with no issues. In the 1.5 years I have belonged to my club I cannot recall a single problem that was directly related to a Spektrum Rx/Tx. It usually is something else like a bad switch, ESC, locked up servo causing a huge power drain etc. etc..

If the light was blinking, it means that there has been a low voltage condition going to the Rx at some point of the flight......
Yeah, I'm sure it was something like that. I flew the same battery, receiver and switch in another plane with no issues. The only thing different in the set up wee the servos. Of course, I could have had a loose connection I suppose, although I used keepers on my battery connection.
I should just take a step back for a while.
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 23, 2012, 03:32 PM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
Yeah, I'm sure it was something like that. I flew the same battery, receiver and switch in another plane with no issues. The only thing different in the set up wee the servos. Of course, I could have had a loose connection I suppose, although I used keepers on my battery connection.
I should just take a step back for a while.
Yeah I hate that kinda stuff cause now you start second guessing your equipment and it makes for a non- enjoyable time Total bummer either way

I hope you can figure it out.
CRFan1 is offline Find More Posts by CRFan1
Old Apr 23, 2012, 03:42 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
Thanks man, I'll just be cranky for a while.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 04:06 PM
Augernaut
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jan 2010
1,369 Posts
Id guess a power issue, when I converted my gear to the dx8 with telemetry I got a big scare. I never realized my pawnee was seeing voltages of 5.1 in the air on a 5 cell nicad. Could you imagine if it was a 4 cell? even with a fresh charge the thing still drops to 5.8 with the flaps down and the spreader open. I will be converting to lipos and a regulator this week. already have the regulator. Should be able to fly all day now, and with a little tweaking i will be able to dust, land, reload, refuel, and repeat without ever killing the engine. going to be going through baby powder by the gallon.
Wookster is offline Find More Posts by Wookster
Old Apr 23, 2012, 04:19 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
Just checked my battery lead, it was loose in the keeper!
Old Apr 23, 2012, 04:34 PM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,387 Posts
Quote:
Just checked my battery lead, it was loose in the keeper!
ahh man...that really sucks.
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Old Apr 23, 2012, 05:00 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,224 Posts
Sorry PB. Some of those keepers are ok and some are crap. A small cable tie will not come apart!

These seem to work ok:

waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Apr 23, 2012, 05:06 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
Sorry PB. Some of those keepers are ok and some are crap. A small cable tie will not come apart!

You're right, or dental floss, or a zip tie. Although, for something that you want to unplug from time to time, I've been pretty luck with these up till now. I was probably in too big a hurry.

I'm trying to decide if I want to fix it or not. The wood on this thing is extremely brittle! Maybe it's just really old? The sheeting practically crumbles to the touch! Although, for falling as far as it did, she fared very well!! Good design for sure.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 05:15 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
I made several critical errors, and I knew it before this even happened!

I put some Team Flying Circus bling graphics on an unproven plane.

I took pictures of the plane before the maiden, to show the stickers to you fellas.

I didn't turn around and go home after the dog incident even though every fiber in my body was telling me to.

I didn't cut or poke myself at all during the build, and we all know they require a blood sacrifice.

Finally, I should have been working this afternoon instead of playing with toys.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 05:51 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,072 Posts
Quote:
You're right, or dental floss, or a zip tie. Although, for something that you want to unplug from time to time, I've been pretty luck with these up till now. I was probably in too big a hurry.

I'm trying to decide if I want to fix it or not. The wood on this thing is extremely brittle! Maybe it's just really old? The sheeting practically crumbles to the touch! Although, for falling as far as it did, she fared very well!! Good design for sure.
Blenderm Tape....
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Apr 23, 2012, 05:58 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,072 Posts
I think Snorg Tee's has provided NoMatta a new company logo.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 06:24 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
Blenderm Tape....
I am a great fan of Blenderm but I have not had luck with it as keepers. It seems not to stick to itself very well. I guess it would be hard to get off the roll if it did. Just a word to the wise. I have done it and it did not stay on.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Apr 23, 2012, 06:26 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
I've decided to repair her. Then I'm going to prick a finger and bleed all over the damn thing!! And if she comes out looking kinda rag tag or a little crooked, that's fine. Pristine planes don't fly as good as "gently used" ones anyway
Old Apr 23, 2012, 07:05 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,072 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
I am a great fan of Blenderm but I have not had luck with it as keepers. It seems not to stick to itself very well. I guess it would be hard to get off the roll if it did. Just a word to the wise. I have done it and it did not stay on.
I dont rap it onto its self, just one pass around, you are right it doesnt stick to its self and an edge will start coming loose quickly. The tape lets it give a little where the hard clips just cause to wires to rip out.

I have seen people do them like I would do a weed eatter extension cord, like cross it over to tie it so the force pulls them together. The Trainer <brand new> has a HK switch and the 6 volt NiMH <new> nearly just fall apart so I am going to do the knot lock on that one for sure.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 07:56 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,876 Posts
thats the spirit plow dont mind me... typing on my phone...
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater