HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 22, 2012, 06:57 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Moral of the story: If your engine is running funny, put in a new plug. I don't care if you did just change it.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 22, 2012, 07:21 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,366 Posts
Amen!
snowman is offline Find More Posts by snowman
Old Apr 22, 2012, 08:58 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,679 Posts
....and Amen

Had a great day at the field. I did some maintenance while waiting for some guests to arrive. Darrell Hodges (from Stephenville, 4hrs away) and his Dad Jim (from Mexia, next town over) came over. Darrell is teaching his Dad to fly. They did a few flights on the trainer then his dad said get that other plane out....guess what it was.....A TT60!!!

Had a Super Tigre 90 (or91 whatever) on it. great flyer and he burned up the sky with a couple flights in between buddy boxin.

I was host and hospitality for the day .....but I had a great time anyways
Dad_Roman is offline Find More Posts by Dad_Roman
Old Apr 22, 2012, 09:01 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,679 Posts
Ok plow for sure. I gotta get the shop cleaned up before we can do anything. Ill get to work on it
Dad_Roman is offline Find More Posts by Dad_Roman
Old Apr 22, 2012, 09:06 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
5,016 Posts
Plow excellent progress report

Dad glad you had a great day sure sounded exciting anyway

Triple the AMEN
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Apr 22, 2012, 09:28 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,399 Posts
Weather Update

State College 36 degrees and North East wind at 12, humidity is WET and snow is falling.

This apparently has the intention of kicking up a nasty noreaster.
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Apr 22, 2012, 09:28 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,309 Posts
Well she needs some tweaking around the edges. I need to put some expo in and figure out why my ailerons don't move down as far as they move up. Other than that, she's ready to maiden!!

Yuck! Snow!! (shudders) I hate cold weather!!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Apr 22, 2012, 10:44 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
It was chilly here as well as windy. looks like tomorrow would be a better day.
DOG stay warm
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Apr 22, 2012, 10:54 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,309 Posts
I plan to finish programming the radio tomorrow and doing a range check. I'll check the CG and run the engine to check the tank plumbing and the engine mounting bolts. I might even slap a few stickers on her, why not? Lol
She feels pretty light, let's hope she likes me! I think my rods and linkages came out pretty good. Nothing seems to be binding. I'm running these servos

Power HD 6001MG
HD-6001HB 97.2 oz analog servo with universal connector.

-Uses ONLY FUTABA arms.

-Operating Speed: 0.16/0.14 sec/60
-Stall Torque: 83.3 oz-in. at 4.8v, 97.2 oz-in. at 6.0v
-Dimensions:
Length:1.65 in (41.9 mm)
Width:0.81 in (20.6 mm)
Height:1.56 in (39.6 mm)
-Weight: 56(g)

5 cell 2000 mAh Nimh battery for plenty of power and lots of flight time. Who knows, I may even sneak off and flu tomorrow!!
Wish I had a camera!!
Old Apr 22, 2012, 11:08 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,309 Posts
What do you think DOG? 97 ozs in .14 seconds with stiff rods, think she'll hold up? I hope those servos can handle it. I think so. M

Jeezze, I'm falling asleep! I'll be dreaming of down low knife edge loops and Pop tops to flat spins to low rollers. Maybe it's the Ambien talking!! Lol

Night twisted freaks.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 11:12 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,136 Posts
Plow I suppose if those servos aren't strong enough you'll be able to feel the blowback pretty quick
3DNater is offline Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Apr 22, 2012, 11:38 PM
United States, TX, Stephenville
Joined Sep 2010
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Roman View Post
....and Amen

Had a great day at the field. I did some maintenance while waiting for some guests to arrive. Darrell Hodges (from Stephenville, 4hrs away) and his Dad Jim (from Mexia, next town over) came over. Darrell is teaching his Dad to fly. They did a few flights on the trainer then his dad said get that other plane out....guess what it was.....A TT60!!!

Had a Super Tigre 90 (or91 whatever) on it. great flyer and he burned up the sky with a couple flights in between buddy boxin.

I was host and hospitality for the day .....but I had a great time anyways
Thank you so much, Shane. Me and my dad had a great time at your club today. I wish the wind would have been a little less, but a good flying day anyway. Really enjoyed hanging out with you guys today and hope to do it again real soon! If you ever get up my way, give me a call. You can try out our field. Thanks again!!
dgholmes59 is offline Find More Posts by dgholmes59
Old Apr 23, 2012, 12:10 AM
Cookies Good - Bacon Better
Portland, Oregon
Joined Sep 2008
1,607 Posts
Gaday gents. Finally decided to surface again and just got caught up.

Had beautiful weather this weekend - like 80+ both days. Unfortunately, today had too many irons in the fire to go out, but I got out Saturday. Two flights, sort of ...... eT40, normal vertical takeoff, inverted flat spin and the motor lost sync. No power. Still had control. Throttle down, back up. Had power, so at it again. Lost power again ....... permanently. Dead sticked in all OK. Seems after three of four years of abuse and burning up motors by over stressing them (yeah, I do that, knowingly) the Trunigy ESC decided enough is enough and gave up. Still had rx power, so no problem. Thing was too hot to handle after I landed. Checked it at home later and the bec works, but no go to the motor. Hope I got my $30 out of it

Next up was the T150. Same take off. Exit the flat spin, pull the throttle down, no response. Full throttle ..... 26cc gasser with a full 16 oz tank. Can you say glad for ignition kill switch?????? Another dead stick landing. I lost the keeper on the throttle arm for the 4th or 5th time. End of flying for the day. Put a Z-bend on the throttle last night. Won't have that problem again.

Bill. Loved the suprise. Tell your son thanks from me too. Our service men and women can never be thanked enough.

Plow -- Good job. that was some good progress on the plank. Be glad to help, but my arms aren't that long.

Made it to the club meeting this month for the first time in forever. One of our oldest members passed on. There was a table full of stuff - Take what you can use, donate to the club treasury what you think it is worth to you. Since I'm only about 45 projects behind now, I picked up a Sterling Tri-Pacer kit (I built and killed one back in the reed days and been thinking how nice it would be to put another one together again --- funny how things work out) Also grabbed a Sig T-34 Mentor kit by Maxey Hester - 70" span with about 15 pounds of wood in it (Sig Craftsman Kit). And some type of sailplane (don't know what it is) built, but needs a canopy. And actually been adding wood to the GB R-3 build. More pics in a week or so when I have something to show.

Happy birthday to everyone I've missed.

Loved the Snowman, Waldo vids.

Whew!!!! I think I'm caught up for a while

Later on

Bob
NoMatta is offline Find More Posts by NoMatta
Old Apr 23, 2012, 12:11 AM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
What do you think DOG? 97 ozs in .14 seconds with stiff rods, think she'll hold up? I hope those servos can handle it. I think so. M

Jeezze, I'm falling asleep! I'll be dreaming of down low knife edge loops and Pop tops to flat spins to low rollers. Maybe it's the Ambien talking!! Lol

Night twisted freaks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
Plow I suppose if those servos aren't strong enough you'll be able to feel the blowback pretty quick
If 97 oz inch <6 lbs> is not enough on that forty size slab.... you used too much Glue.
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Apr 23, 2012, 12:49 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,136 Posts
DOG/Plow: I think those servos are enough based on the fact that my 5 pound 51 slick uses hs 85mg's (49 oz/in). I can't imagine the plank being THAT much heavier...
3DNater is offline Find More Posts by 3DNater