SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 20, 2012, 03:18 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,377 Posts
I had great fun that day with Waldo and he was the perfect host...so if he wanted to get footage of me piling one of his planes into that punji pit they call a corn field......well who am I to deny him that simple pleasure.
snowman is offline Find More Posts by snowman
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 20, 2012, 03:30 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,377 Posts
Oh, and as a side note.......the car I drove out there for my son failed inspection today.......they said it had rust on the lower body panels underneath the plastic! I put almost 3000 miles on that wagon and it has many years left on it.....Maine ought to be ashamed of itself.....it's a racket.......I wonder how much that's going to cost! Damn!
Old Apr 20, 2012, 04:58 PM
ProBro, 3D
United States, FL, The Villages
Joined Jul 2008
946 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Oh, and as a side note.......the car I drove out there for my son failed inspection today.......they said it had rust on the lower body panels underneath the plastic! I put almost 3000 miles on that wagon and it has many years left on it.....Maine ought to be ashamed of itself.....it's a racket.......I wonder how much that's going to cost! Damn!
What a crock of crap, just a way to get more revenues for the State.

Waldo, doing the walk of shame, over and over.....love it! Where is all the huckin', looks like my field with the brotherhood of circle flyers Nice comeback Snowman!
gregory.da is offline Find More Posts by gregory.da
Old Apr 20, 2012, 06:48 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,312 Posts
Love the videos and pics snowman!! Looks like you had a grand adventure!! Bet you're glad to be home though!!
Too bad about the car, have him sand it down by hand and hit it with Rustoleum!!!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Last edited by plowboy1966; Apr 20, 2012 at 07:14 PM.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 07:45 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Waldo is it a walk of shame when you don't make it out to the runway? BTW have you lost weight.
Great video snowman and even better pic's.
My wife and I are just flabbergasted that they will fail a car for rust. What does that have to do with saftey. sounds like a scam the politicians came up with. here in good ole mo 1l2 the cars would be rejected and maybe a few politicians hung.
But then again what do you expect from a state that found frank james not guilty.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Apr 20, 2012, 08:30 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,691 Posts
Great vids guys.
Dad_Roman is online now Find More Posts by Dad_Roman
Old Apr 20, 2012, 09:07 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,377 Posts
Thanks for your comments fellas. I told him to buy a quart of liquid bed liner and paint it up to the bottom of the doors and he didn't.... now he's got an estimate for just under $500 to fix the problem.......he should have listened to the old man. Maine is a beautiful state, but I wouldn't want to live there or anywhere else that has such strict rules. I've heard tell that some burbs have lawn police that go around measuring the grass...what is this world coming to? I ask you!
Old Apr 20, 2012, 09:33 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
That crazy guy in Central PA that owned a body shop 10 years ago could knock that out for little of nothing, told you to come by.
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Apr 20, 2012, 09:53 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,377 Posts
DOG...I know you could have made her look like new, but I could never take advantage of a T---taholic's generous nature...unless they insist on me flying their planes to destruction.

Waldo, just as an after thought...remember that sweet deadstick landing I made....cutting room floor?
Old Apr 20, 2012, 09:57 PM
BEOWULF
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,660 Posts
Wow I loved that video great production and laughed so much my stomach hurt

Snowman vs Waldo just loved it
Been watchinglotsofufc and love competitions as you know

Cattailsarewaymoreforgivenig than corn

Twistaholics should start a new competition for 3d nitro planes Sowetan competeonrcgroups

This iPad thing doesnotworkwellwithgorilafingers

Cool video Waldo and nice to see you and snowman

Who won you competition anyways?

The cornfield? Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
DOG Nice set up on the 100CC Very neat and clean also Kudo's

brathank Nice flight report glad to hear your loving the learning I think Thats exactly what I need to do also,

Stickhack Don't right off the possibility that the new Glow plug isn't bad It does happen and as a matter of fact it did happen last week to one of our guys he changed a new plug out and every time he gunned it the engine would quit, I told him to change the plug problem went away. As 9 times out of 10 when you remove the glow heater and the engine drops in idle or stalls its the glow plug.

well here is what you've all been waiting for, The Snowman visit and flights.
We had a great day and for not flying in about 3 years I don't think he missed a single beat. especially using someone elses planes and gear.
Maybe next time I'll balance the planes
http://youtu.be/Ae3MeT7p-c0
David22 is online now Find More Posts by David22
Old Apr 20, 2012, 10:19 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,312 Posts
Hey David, how you liking that new iPad? Auto correct is a pain sometimes eh??!! Lol
Old Apr 20, 2012, 10:26 PM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
Hey David, how you liking that new iPad? Auto correct is a pain sometimes eh??!! Lol
I am using my iPad 2 ......i turned that damn auto correct off, lol
CRFan1 is offline Find More Posts by CRFan1
Old Apr 20, 2012, 10:35 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRFan1 View Post
I am using my iPad 2 ......i turned that damn auto correct off, lol
Auto Correct = comedic terrorist
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Apr 20, 2012, 10:36 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,312 Posts
Gonna work on my plank tomorrow!
I hope you guys all chime in with flight reports!