SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 20, 2012, 09:49 AM
ProBro, 3D
United States, FL, The Villages
Joined Jul 2008
946 Posts
Great video Waldo, thanks for posting Snowman vs. the Cornfield ......got to love it!
gregory.da is offline Find More Posts by gregory.da
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 20, 2012, 09:54 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Waldo you snuck that in on me. GREAT video. Just who is your camera man and what camera are you using. I always have such a problem trying to get decent video's like K49 all lathered up with glow fuel in his thong.
Snowman it's great to see you flying. O if we could only have a twist convention with plow, waldo, snowman and all the rest of our twist brothers.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Apr 20, 2012, 09:57 AM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
DOG Nice set up on the 100CC Very neat and clean also Kudo's

brathank Nice flight report glad to hear your loving the learning I think Thats exactly what I need to do also,

Stickhack Don't right off the possibility that the new Glow plug isn't bad It does happen and as a matter of fact it did happen last week to one of our guys he changed a new plug out and every time he gunned it the engine would quit, I told him to change the plug problem went away. As 9 times out of 10 when you remove the glow heater and the engine drops in idle or stalls its the glow plug.

well here is what you've all been waiting for, The Snowman visit and flights.
We had a great day and for not flying in about 3 years I don't think he missed a single beat. especially using someone elses planes and gear.
Maybe next time I'll balance the planes
http://youtu.be/Ae3MeT7p-c0
LOL...awesome Video Waldo!
CRFan1 is offline Find More Posts by CRFan1
Old Apr 20, 2012, 10:14 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,316 Posts
Poor Snowman!!! Waldo made damn sure you were going to be in this years WOS compilation video by handing you a rigged plane!!! Now that's playing hardball!!! Lol
What a cool video, I'm glad you two got to hang out after all these years!!
Excellent editing and score too Waldo, as usual!! This is a T---Taholic instant classic!! Thanks Waldo! You too Snowman!!

Maybe we should start a thread just to house our favorite vids for easy access?
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Apr 20, 2012, 10:16 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,200 Posts
Nice vid Waldo.

KerwinAlpha keep in mind that I have been pretty obsessive about flying and my wife thinks its unhealthy Thanks for the compliments... I have been trying hard. I have a really long ways to go yet. I let my wife know that I want to go and lose at IMAC in June so I have lots of practicing to do between now and then.

Ron do you think I should try and do sportsman or should I start out competing in basic? I have practiced sportsman quite a bit already but that should just make basic that much more... basic... right? Of course I'm sure I have a better chance to compete in basic than sportsman... maybe I'll make a youtube vid of me flying the sportsman and you can tell me how close I am to being even remotely competitive.
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Apr 20, 2012, 10:21 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
5,047 Posts
Thanks Guys LOL Sorry about the quality but My camera is terrible for video.

Its actually the wifes camera Its just a Kodak picture camera that has a video setting also, and I've never used it for videos until that day apparently the quality setting was too high and made short use of the memory card and then i discovered the stabilization box wasn't checked either so its very shaky at times.

Kerwin Unfortuneately I was the camera guy LOL And me of all people pointing the camera down and watching the plane during the Snowmans excellent save and possible crash,,,, Amature amature I am LOL Bummer on the long travel time to fly I myself am 40 minutes from the field
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Apr 20, 2012, 10:23 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,200 Posts
Waldo you caught the ACTUAL crash so that is all that counts. I'm confused... was that plane really rigged? It sure looked like it Geez that thing just fell out of the sky... What was a poor Snowman to do?
Old Apr 20, 2012, 10:29 AM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
Ron do you think I should try and do sportsman or should I start out competing in basic? I have practiced sportsman quite a bit already but that should just make basic that much more... basic... right? Of course I'm sure I have a better chance to compete in basic than sportsman... maybe I'll make a youtube vid of me flying the sportsman and you can tell me how close I am to being even remotely competitive.
I have been through the IMAC judging school once, I highly recomend that first so you understand Aresti and how things are veiwed and judged, understanding of the sequence is very important.

I plan to start in Basic and just get comfortable and or board with it first.My problem has turned out to be there are no IMAC comps under 2.5 hours from me. Having a Pattern guy in our club has helped me too.
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Apr 20, 2012, 10:34 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
5,047 Posts
Brathanke and Plow you guys slipped that inn there

Plow It was great to hang with the Snowman,
so far I have met 2 T_ _ _ Taholics and in a few months time no less, what an honor it has been, its better then meeting rock stars, what outstanding people we are associated with here, I really hope I can do a cross country thing one of these years. I wish I was able to spend more time with DOG and his wife, but that trip got kind of crazy and the crew wanted to get to the hobby shop so we could actually buy something that day, in which we failed getting there in time anyway. lol

Brathanke LOL I'll let the Snowman fill you guys in on the details its the least I can do for putting him in the spotlight. He's just lucky the sun wasn't out that day
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Apr 20, 2012, 10:56 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,316 Posts
Nate, a lot of guys start out in basic and move up to sportsman toward the end of the season. My advice would be to take the judging class as DOG has mentioned, join IAC, and start out in basic. Your first competition in basic is usually free, but if you are not an IAC member then any points you earn will not count for the season. You will find that some of the older guys never progress past sportsman, they are happy there and can only be forced out by too many first place finishes. Do your time in basic so that those guys don't hate you when you move into their category!! Lol This way they will only want to help you along, and they can help a lot!! I was lucky back at my first club in that there were a lot of IMAC guys around and they flew their gassers everyday after lunch. They really taught me a lot, although I really didn't have much interest in competing, and only ever flew in one contest, I did like learning the sequences because, as you have already noticed, it really dies make you better.
Don't forget, after the precision part of the IMAC event there is a freestyle competition!!
Old Apr 20, 2012, 11:02 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,200 Posts
Well I can't really say I plan on getting REAL competitive with IMAC this year. I think our club only hosts one event and that is the one I'd plan on entering. I can't afford to travel for it. Maybe if there are a few events in Vegas I could make it down there (less than 2 hours). There is a club in NV just 40 miles down I-15 but I doubt they are hosting anything. So that leaves just the one event and whatever odd event I might be able to get to in Vegas.

There is an older gentlemen that has been helping me at the club field some. He called for me the other day and gave me quite a bit of critiquing. He doesn't compete anymore but did for years. He was flying advanced and is still a fantastic IMAC pilot. Don't ask him to 3d though Anyway, he hasn't sounded like I was in too over my head. He has been very encouraging. Plow you have a point though about starting in Basic to appease the folks that like to camp out there. And... I like free
Old Apr 20, 2012, 11:25 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,316 Posts
Descretion is the better part of valor. ��
Old Apr 20, 2012, 02:37 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,439 Posts
Waldo, I have just one question....who is that fat man in the black leather jacket flying your airplanes?
snowman is offline Find More Posts by snowman
Old Apr 20, 2012, 03:01 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,439 Posts
I have returned home in one piece. The first flight had me sitting next to a woman and her infant son with a grandmother and her two preschool grandchildren sitting across the aisle. Aside from the constant crying, screaming, and the ever present smell of vomit the 3 hr flight was almost tolerable. Oh, did I forget to mention the couple sitting in front of me? He would be in his early 60's and she in her late 50's...what made them stand out from the crowd you ask? Well, they couldn't help exploring each other's mouths with their tongues! The second flight home had me boarding this tiny little commuter jet.....you know the type......two rows of seats on either side of a center aisle. I looked at the seating numbers as I walked towards the back of the plane (I chuckled to myself as I look into the eyes of those already seated as they pray to their Gods that I not be the one that'll be sitting next to them for the next 2 hrs) I arrive at the placard that reads 7A and I look down into the pleading eyes of this young man and say: "It looks like you and me pal." as I hear a sigh of relief from those surrounding us. He gets up and I look down at this seat which is about 9"across....this is going to be a tight squeeze...I shoehorn myself into the space allotted and twist my torso so that my shoulders are almost parallel with the length of the plane...."This is going to be one long flight" I say to the wide-eyed passenger sitting beside me. The PA system sparks to life and the steward informs the passengers that the plane has many empty seats and all are welcome to find more comfortable seating....never have I seen a man unbuckle and bolt from his seat so fast.....I nonchalantly lifted the armrest between the two seats and let my person settle into space previously meant for two....the sound of the seat belt clicking was a welcome sound to my ears......I still didn't need to ask for a belt extender!!! The flight ended soon enough, but people were giving me odd looks as I walked out of the plane and through the airport......I guess having my head touching the plastic ceiling the entire way generated a static electric charge that I was only made aware of when I sat in my car and adjusted the rear view mirror...can you say Don King? I'm a sensitive person...I have feelings too ya know.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 03:07 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,439 Posts
I too took some video....I apologize for the poor quality and the lack of editing skills as what you see is what you get. http://youtu.be/7FK7jeRMzG8 http://youtu.be/vvEKjXs6E78 http://youtu.be/Dzrd-JV8r2Y

Enjoy!