HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 19, 2012, 07:25 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,490 Posts
DOG maybe I should of sold it, she's the 9C super with a synthesizer as well as a sythesized PCM rx.

Well the winds continue.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 19, 2012, 08:10 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,303 Posts
Feel better Bob!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Apr 19, 2012, 09:04 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,303 Posts
Anybody ever use those Turnigy radios? Kerwin, did you have one?
This looks like a good deal ....
http://parkeflyer.com/index.php?opti...k=1&Itemid=275
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Apr 19, 2012, 10:14 AM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
Wayne have you had a hitec Optima rx? Let's keep perspective on product lines. Everyone knows the A9 is the first decent radio system hitec has produced in a generation lol. The optima rx's are pretty sweet with built in telemetry on 7ch or above. I have been flying an optima 9ch in my slick since Christmas and have nothing but good things to report.
My hands start to shake violently if I try to use a non-FUTABA transmitter. I have had no problems, like the programming, and I have three of them so I don't see a change in my future. I also have a DSM2 module for them if I needed to help someone. I can do 72MHz, Assan 2.4 which most of my 2.4 is, and DSM2. 2 Assan tx modules, 2 Synth 72 modues, and the DMX2 thing (never been in one of my radios).

I did get the 8FG during the Christmas sale. It was a good bargain with a coupon and a free second receiver. If not for the OrangRX stuff, I still would not be flying Futaba 2.4 due to costs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
I'm probally just a bit fearful. I've seen a few planes go down with the a9's and spectrums.
I also don't fly PCM due to the same reason as I've seen 1 to many PCM lockouts.
I'll more than likely stick with the ole 9C for now.
I still can't believe that there are people out the still willing to give me 400 bucks for a 5yr old radio. They can go out and buy a new 8 channel futaba for anothe 70 bucks.
I ran my 50cc YAK on the Synth PCM receiver that came with my 9C. Only problem I had is when I let the receiver batteries get too low.

Assan was about $90 for the module and two receivers. Additional rx were $20 to $35. I had to jump on that.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Apr 19, 2012, 10:40 AM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
11,985 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
DOG maybe I should of sold it, she's the 9C super with a synthesizer as well as a sythesized PCM rx.

Well the winds continue.
I wont let go of my 9C, just the 72Mhz since it is soooo bloody slow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
I did get the 8FG during the Christmas sale. It was a good bargain with a coupon and a free second receiver. If not for the OrangRX stuff, I still would not be flying Futaba 2.4 due to costs.

Assan was about $90 for the module and two receivers. Additional rx were $20 to $35. I had to jump on that.
Yeah, like my Futaba, many people dont want to re learn programming screen, easy to stay with what you know
XPS is 99 and 29 an RX. It also has a USB device that connects to the RX for programming on your PC screen via the RX connection. I got one of these as well.

I think a many of radio hits have been related to battery / low voltage over the years, people just didn't think about servo load and battery sag. 2.7 <1.8 future> is a good feeling, servos are really going to be dragging by that point.
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Apr 19, 2012, 11:07 AM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,224 Posts
Well, when you only charge one of two battery packs, you run out of juice in half the time.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Apr 19, 2012, 05:10 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,490 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
Anybody ever use those Turnigy radios? Kerwin, did you have one?
This looks like a good deal ....
http://parkeflyer.com/index.php?opti...k=1&Itemid=275
Plowboy that is a really good deal, But I want one with the assan module I may still order it though and just buy an assan module for it.
Now I just have to figure out how to disable my cookies.
I may sell my 9C.
Last edited by kerwin50; Apr 19, 2012 at 05:19 PM.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 05:27 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,821 Posts
flight report:

I flew my frankenslick six times this morning

As I have been trying to learn some IMAC recently it has opened my eyes to some of the things I do sloppy in my flying. Today I tried to fly 3d with cleaner lines and more energy. It presented a little bit of a challenge but also created the opportunity for almost instant improvement. I can testify that practicing IMAC sequences makes you a better 3d pilot

The highlight for me was trying a KE figure eight down low. I wish I had it on video cuz it was a thing of beauty. There are definitely more moves like that in my future. There is something about flying KE with a lot of energy down low... maybe the idea that if you screw up your model is toast has something to do with it

Sorry there isn't video... I guess you guys will just have to take it on faith

One of the club members flew his 100cc extra just before I left. It was his third flight on it and boy were his knees knocking He put on a great flight and greased his landing. He wouldn't tell me what he spent on the plane but I'm guessing it was around 4k.
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Apr 19, 2012, 10:20 PM
The Ayatollah of Rock & Rolla
United States, MO, Springfield
Joined Dec 2011
179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMatta View Post
Stickhack -- I been kinda under the weather lately and may not be up to speed, but have you changed the plug? I have an ancient FS120 and have found when it idles with glow attached and dies with glow removed I can solve the problem with a plug change. Always use the OS four stroke plug. Have to admit the engine is upright, though. I pulls Christine, the Ultra Stick around very well. Just a thought, and now I have a headache.

Hi Plow. I'll talk to you when my mind works again.

Later on gents
Yup, put a brand new OS type F in it. Going to tear it apart tomorrow and look for air leaks and have a friend show me how to run the valves. Will post an update later. Worse case scenario, buy a different motor its only money
StickHack is offline Find More Posts by StickHack
Old Apr 19, 2012, 10:56 PM
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,451 Posts
Sent by ipad3.
David22 is offline Find More Posts by David22
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 19, 2012, 11:12 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,821 Posts
sweet David
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Apr 20, 2012, 01:25 AM
Augernaut
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jan 2010
1,362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StickHack View Post
Yup, put a brand new OS type F in it. Going to tear it apart tomorrow and look for air leaks and have a friend show me how to run the valves. Will post an update later. Worse case scenario, buy a different motor its only money
I know mine was a two store so it may not apply, biut the last time i had an issue like that the motor had run too lean and cooked the cylinder liner.
Wookster is offline Find More Posts by Wookster
Old Apr 20, 2012, 05:45 AM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
11,985 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
As I have been trying to learn some IMAC recently it has opened my eyes to some of the things I do sloppy in my flying. Today I tried to fly 3d with cleaner lines and more energy. It presented a little bit of a challenge but also created the opportunity for almost instant improvement. I can testify that practicing IMAC sequences makes you a better 3d pilot

. He wouldn't tell me what he spent on the plane but I'm guessing it was around 4k.
When you go to the events and people are bangin around 3D but in between hucks they are just all over the place, it looses alot. IMAC fills in that void in the presentation. Flying BIG and clean in between a KE spin and the next pop top is very important. As soon as the SHP is done and I get some time on it, I will be out there getting beaten in some IMAC comps just to get the disipline.

4K is always a safe number for a 100cc
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Apr 20, 2012, 08:31 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,709 Posts
DOG Nice set up on the 100CC Very neat and clean also Kudo's

brathank Nice flight report glad to hear your loving the learning I think Thats exactly what I need to do also,

Stickhack Don't right off the possibility that the new Glow plug isn't bad It does happen and as a matter of fact it did happen last week to one of our guys he changed a new plug out and every time he gunned it the engine would quit, I told him to change the plug problem went away. As 9 times out of 10 when you remove the glow heater and the engine drops in idle or stalls its the glow plug.

well here is what you've all been waiting for, The Snowman visit and flights.
We had a great day and for not flying in about 3 years I don't think he missed a single beat. especially using someone elses planes and gear.
Maybe next time I'll balance the planes
Snowman vs The Cornfield.wmv (10 min 55 sec)
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Apr 20, 2012, 08:39 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,490 Posts
Nate your making me way to jealous and to think you've only been flying a short time.
You've came along ways.
I think I found my flat foamie and color scheme. It's a wm mcfoamy mx and of course the color is green with checker board.
It's been a windy rainy spring. I was able to get in lots of flying ealier this spring but now it's coming to a stand still.
I've got the reliable twist of course but it's such a headache and expensive having to travel so far to go fly it. I may just build me a motorized bicycle and trailer my planes to and from the field.