HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 18, 2012, 07:40 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
I have been running Assan 2.4 modules in 9C and 10C for over 3 years, zero problems.

My TM-10 fit tight in my 9C and 10Cs. No problems with either Synth modules.

Don't like Hitec recievers - had two goofy ones. Don't like HS-81s in anything except the round file.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 18, 2012, 07:47 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,002 Posts
Wayne have you had a hitec Optima rx? Let's keep perspective on product lines. Everyone knows the A9 is the first decent radio system hitec has produced in a generation lol. The optima rx's are pretty sweet with built in telemetry on 7ch or above. I have been flying an optima 9ch in my slick since Christmas and have nothing but good things to report.
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Apr 18, 2012, 07:51 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
I have been running Assan 2.4 modules in 9C and 10C for over 3 years, zero problems.

My TM-10 fit tight in my 9C and 10Cs. No problems with either Synth modules.

Don't like Hitec recievers - had two goofy ones. Don't like HS-81s in anything except the round file.
I added the Assan to my cart a many of times and then stopped, I was close several times. I am glad it fits tighter the the Spek.

My Synth <72> freaked out on my once when I changed channels on it once, would not work until I spun the pots fast, that made me nervous. Then I started hearing the "dial a crash" terms being tossed about.

I used a few HS 81's once... My file at the time was square.
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Apr 18, 2012, 08:31 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,533 Posts
Now I've never had a problem with my synth. It has worked flawlessly.
Hitec has made several good tx's like the prism. eclipse, and the optic 6, but I have heard many a horror story of the A9. And They have had many a problem with the optic kill switch.
I could of sold my 5 yr old 9C and bought an A9 with 2 rx's with the proceeds and still had a little cash left over.
Now this radio with the mods from this thread puts all the reast to shame
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1035575

The last time I used hs 81's the Lathrop city police grounded me.
I had them in the ailerons of a dymond tiger moth and at a rc demo one of them failed. The plane was headed for the crowd but I ditched it. The city cop came over and told me I was grounded for the day. I can't prove it but this one guy at our club that doesn't like me because I stole his thunder went to the cop and had him tell me that. This was back when I could fly and Gerry could stand having some one out fly him.
I didn't go back to the club till after I got sick and need help. He still hates it that most of the club memebers come to me for help and this po cripple boy can still out fly him on any day and twice on sunday.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Apr 18, 2012, 09:05 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,002 Posts
kerwin the a9 issues with kill switches has long since been fixed with a firmware update. it was also blown out of proportion in terms of known issues. I doubt you could statistically prove there ever was an issue.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 09:08 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,002 Posts
I just put two flights on my slick repairs. flies like new
Old Apr 18, 2012, 10:12 PM
Cookies Good - Bacon Better
Portland, Oregon
Joined Sep 2008
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StickHack View Post
So the story with the 1.20 is this,

First off its an O.S. FS1.20SE Surpass (four stroker)

Mounted with the head facing about 8 o'clock. Three line tank, with muffler pressure to it, and a fuel dot for a fill / drain. Tank is almost level with the HS needle valve, real close. New glow plug, OS type F, and fresh 15% fuel that runs fine in all my other stuff. It will idle with glow powered, but when power is remove it sharply dies out. Will maintain high rpm when glow power is removed but I notice its not smooth like it should be. Tried adjusting the carb on both sides high and low, in both directions, rich and lean. The motor was purchased used, and I am a noobie so I paid a lot for it, $200. Its in a Seagull Edge 540 60 size. I have a 17x6 Vess on it, the largest prop listed for this engine per O.S. I sent them an email asking for advice, they say put in a hotter plug. In a four stroke? Seriously? Or add onboard glow. I thought this engine was fine without onboard glow? Not really happy about OS customer service. I am about to send it in for service, and bit the bullet so to speak on the extra cost. I dont know what else to do at this point. I dont really want to mess with an onboard glow system. I might make my own out of a d size battery holder, and a remote on / off switch controled by the tx. Stupid airplanes.

Stickhack -- I been kinda under the weather lately and may not be up to speed, but have you changed the plug? I have an ancient FS120 and have found when it idles with glow attached and dies with glow removed I can solve the problem with a plug change. Always use the OS four stroke plug. Have to admit the engine is upright, though. I pulls Christine, the Ultra Stick around very well. Just a thought, and now I have a headache.

Hi Plow. I'll talk to you when my mind works again.

Later on gents
NoMatta is offline Find More Posts by NoMatta
Old Apr 18, 2012, 10:28 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,002 Posts
NoMatta was that headache thought induced? Thinking about airplane engines is supposed to be fun
Old Apr 18, 2012, 10:36 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
NoMatta was that headache thought induced? Thinking about airplane engines is supposed to be fun
It was that or a bacon shortage on the west side
Old Apr 18, 2012, 10:41 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,002 Posts
speaking of aches and pains... I just forced myself to run a mile. Just getting cooled down. I am preparing myself for another tendinitis flair-up in my knees. I stretched for 10 minutes afterward and hoping for the best. I also just took two Tylenols to help with the inflammation. We'll see how well I can get around tomorrow since I have been a couch potato all winter.

Thank goodness for the pandora android app... I don't think I would have made it a block without it
Old Apr 18, 2012, 10:45 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,255 Posts
Quote:
speaking of aches and pains... I just forced myself to run a mile. Just getting cooled down. I am preparing myself for another tendinitis flair-up in my knees. I stretched for 10 minutes afterward and hoping for the best. I also just took two Tylenols to help with the inflammation. We'll see how well I can get around tomorrow since I have been a couch potato all winter.

Thank goodness for the pandora android app... I don't think I would have made it a block without it
I may have been dead by the neighbors house. Do that stuff while you can, it gets tougher over time.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 11:42 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,533 Posts
I'm probally just a bit fearful. I've seen a few planes go down with the a9's and spectrums.
I also don't fly PCM due to the same reason as I've seen 1 to many PCM lockouts.
I'll more than likely stick with the ole 9C for now.
I still can't believe that there are people out the still willing to give me 400 bucks for a 5yr old radio. They can go out and buy a new 8 channel futaba for anothe 70 bucks.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Apr 18, 2012, 11:58 PM
Cookies Good - Bacon Better
Portland, Oregon
Joined Sep 2008
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
It was that or a bacon shortage on the west side
Yep ....... and either the creepin crud, or major allergy, brought on by too much CA usage. Gluing one piece at a time with Titebond now.
NoMatta is offline Find More Posts by NoMatta
Old Apr 19, 2012, 04:54 AM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
I'm probally just a bit fearful. I've seen a few planes go down with the a9's and spectrums.
I also don't fly PCM due to the same reason as I've seen 1 to many PCM lockouts.
I'll more than likely stick with the ole 9C for now.
I still can't believe that there are people out the still willing to give me 400 bucks for a 5yr old radio. They can go out and buy a new 8 channel futaba for anothe 70 bucks.
my 9CHP was only 325 new from TomsRC. The 9C's sell all the time on RCG for 250ish. Futaba has came out with the J8T model now for 269, its good to see all the comp is finally getting them to bring prices down.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 06:35 AM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,615 Posts
Dad_Roman is offline Find More Posts by Dad_Roman