SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 15, 2012, 01:08 PM
Augernaut
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jan 2010
1,459 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Roman View Post
No, we've managed to weather them so far.

I believe our Missouri bretheren and others are gettin hammered today

hell its the weekend, I'm always hammered....oh wait, you mean weather. We didn't get anything here. It was a real letdown.
Wookster is offline Find More Posts by Wookster
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 15, 2012, 01:11 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,637 Posts
I Rike you.....you make me Raff
Dad_Roman is online now Find More Posts by Dad_Roman
Old Apr 15, 2012, 02:17 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,968 Posts
Wow Just spent an hour reading trying to get caught up LOL

Good luck to all our Mid west Brothers I hope you all wether the storms ok

DAD And MT Thats awesome news Congrats

Kerwin Yes Snowman Has given me Jack's T_ _ _ T So I must fly it very high and hard, yet Not ever crash it.

Snowman I must apologise for if you watch the walk of shame Video in the very begining it states If you fly with us your walk of shame will be documented there are no exceptions, So you see I have no choice in the matter it's Tri-city Policy and under contract. I'm so glad your tirip is going well.

Here
The RC Walk of Shame (6 min 39 sec)

Hey Buckskin Nice collection and get a gluin lol

Well It was the clubs official opening day yesterday even though Snowman And I opened it up on Tuesday So I maidened The Edge and the Jack211 T_ _ _ T then flew the Kadet, with the 1st parachute drop of the season and flew the Ultra Stick, And an attempt at the glider but the prop spun off and I didn't have a spare donut to hold it on and anyone to tow it, so the glider stayed grounded, Had a couple dead stick walks of shames and a nose over on the runway with the edge for more documented walk of shame footage LOL but all in all no disasters and a great day with a good turn out Its awesome to be back out there. Now I need lots of edge practice.
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Apr 15, 2012, 02:43 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,065 Posts
waldo you forgot to let us know how it flies? does it have enough power?
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Apr 15, 2012, 04:47 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Waldo which was snowman's walk of shame?
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Apr 15, 2012, 05:35 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,328 Posts
Love that walk of shame.... can we get that one Mp3 to make our own?
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Apr 15, 2012, 05:48 PM
I Just Want to Hover!
United States, OR, Eugene
Joined Jun 2004
707 Posts
Pylon Racing

Hey Plow,

You missed some great racing yesterday.

Judd's new Pole Cat is very competitive! We had some great heats.

I had 3 firsts and 2 seconds to tie with Judd for first place for the day. I believe I am one point ahead for the season so far.

Here are a couple of vids on you tube. Heat 3 and Heat 5. In heat 3 (Jerry, Judd and I) both lapped Jerry! In Heat 5 (Judd and I) we started tight and then Judd just faded?

I forgot to turn off the camera on heat 5, so if you continue to watch you can catch some of the locals having a go at it. Larry wanted to fly his Corsair around the pylons so left them up for a while. It's pretty long 14 plus minutes. When I can get back on you tube editor I will shorten it, but leave both versions.

Try to watch in Hi Definition if you can.

Enjoy,

Bill

Heat 3:
3RD HEAT APR 14 2012 (4 min 31 sec)

Heat 5:
5TH HEAT APR 14.MOV (14 min 58 sec)
Bill Martins is offline Find More Posts by Bill Martins
Last edited by Bill Martins; Apr 15, 2012 at 07:02 PM. Reason: add Hi Def blurb
Old Apr 16, 2012, 08:49 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
great videos bill, you guys are having way too much fun.

I hope RCcar is ok the storms hit his area pretty hard.

Waldo we need more info on the Edges maiden. Howd she feel. was there alot of power. did she feel heavy. Did you do any walls, elevators,pop tops and the like.
Also please where was our snowy friend in that video.

Well don't you know it, momma is ready to cut lose on the cash for a flat foamie and 3dhs is still out of stock on theirs. O what is a man to do? With her a man need to strike while the Iron is hot. snooze you loose.
Well I sure found out that using cheap wally world oil sure carbons up an engine.
I pulled the jug on my DLE 30 because I didn't do a thrust alignment when I put the frank Bowman ring in her. Boy I found all kinds of carbon.
I had a little issue putting the jug back on because of my hands, I hope I didn't break that ring.
I'll know her pretty soon as I'm off to the saw shop for some stihl ultra. I'm planinng on tuning her in today.
I need some decals made Slicks Beware LOL
Good day.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Apr 16, 2012, 09:12 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
Stihl HP Ultra 32:1 cradle to grave.
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Apr 16, 2012, 09:20 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,968 Posts
Good Monday Morn Kiddies

Bill nice vids and awesome fun you guys are having I love that stuff

DOG what you want me to send you an MP3 Of the sound track Or whole vid?

Kerwin That was the orignial WOS video I reposted so Snowman could see I have no choice but to post his WOS because of what Tri City club policy is LOL Maybe you should get a Signed Rain check from your wife for the foamy so you don't lose it LOL

Brathanke The edge worked out awesome !! It was a little on the nose heavy Side though so I didn't do much 3D stuff with it at all, It pulled vertical no problem at all but I just tested a few things out on its maiden flight to see what the stall speed was, and could see some wing rock going on as I went for slow attitude up maneuvers. The 91FX is perfect as it has great vertical but I don't think It carried the speed on a flat out fly by I thought it was going too have, but was still awesome flying, I'm swinging a 15 x 4 ApC right now I also had everything mounted with the intentions of having my RC Pilot in place for the CG to be a touch aft for the maiden But I didn't get the pilot yet. so I didn't get crazy with it at all as I hope to really get some good practice in so I can finally am able to do some good 3D with her.

Videos will be up soon I'm sure, My friend Tek took a vid for me so as soon its posted I'll have that up and the T_ _ _ T flight which was also nose heavy. I needed to cut a battery hatch into it but didn't have a chance before opening day.

Alright This week I plan on getting the Snowman visit Vids together That was such an awesome day.
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Apr 16, 2012, 09:26 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
Bill, thank you for the video! I am so glad you forgot to turn off the camera, it was really fun to see all those guys again!! Next time walk around and tell them all I said hello, and see what they have to say!! You may have to edit it down to PG13!! Tell them I wish I could fly with them again someday.

Looks like you might have spooked Judd early in the 5th and he never recovered? He's a tough competitor too, but I have seen him bail out on turn one, and never really got back into the heat. I've also seen him hold his line and take the midair, twice, but only on turns two and three, so you just never know. He is, however, not afraid to have to build a new plane!

Thanks again for the video, I really miss days like that at that field. What a great club, and a great bunch of guys!

And Chuck!! (balsabuster) He's still my favorite old coot! You need to knock off those second place finishes!! lol
Old Apr 16, 2012, 09:29 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
Waldo, that plane looks great! You are gonna have a blast with her I'm sure!
Can't wait for the vids, your vids are always worth waiting for!
Old Apr 16, 2012, 10:10 AM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,285 Posts
Waldo, make certain to include you saying that you rigged the plane for failure and that one of the pushrods was off the control horn after viewing the wreckage...that way I'll be sure the truth comes out! You do realize that I'm going to have to listen to Plow & Kerwin flap their gums about this, don't you?
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old Apr 16, 2012, 10:16 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,308 Posts
You bet you will!! Lol
But only cause we love ya!!!
Old Apr 16, 2012, 10:45 AM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,285 Posts
Oh yeah....I think they call that tough love!

Camden ME is one big tourist trap...headin' north up the coast today.
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman