Old Apr 11, 2012, 01:28 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Martins View Post
This is a cool link for wind.

http://hint.fm/wind/

Can't remember where I got it. Don't think it was this thread.

Enjoy,

Bill
Hey Bill!! How goes the EF-1 racing? How are all the guys down at Dusters? Tammie's hobby shop still in business since you left?
I still remember meeting you for the first time down at the Dusters field. You were hovering an Edge or something with one of those red headed CRRCPro 26cc gassers!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 11, 2012, 01:51 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,942 Posts
Well guys I flew the snot out of my 51 slick this morning! What a great way to start the day and I didn't have any motor problems

It was just me and a guest pilot (whose glow engine I had to tune ) and the club president who just came to pull weeds and watch a little.

Anyway I was really hucking and doing some inverted harrier on the deck and tail touch hovering etc. with the president watching the whole time. He never said one word and then he sat there and shot the bull with me for a while before I finally left. I guess the stance he took on 3d flying when I first met him was for folks he didn't know as well as he might have been watching what he said in front of certain members lol. Anyway, he is a pretty cool guy and I can learn a lot from him.

I watched Joe Smith's King 50 routine from this past summer and it inspired me to fly a lot more aggressively than usual. I wish I had a video and I'm super glad I didn't crash since I was really pushing my experience envelope.
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Apr 11, 2012, 02:20 PM
I Just Want to Hover!
United States, OR, Eugene
Joined Jun 2004
703 Posts
EF-1, Dusters, Tammies, Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
Hey Bill!! How goes the EF-1 racing? How are all the guys down at Dusters? Tammie's hobby shop still in business since you left?
I still remember meeting you for the first time down at the Dusters field. You were hovering an Edge or something with one of those red headed CRRCPro 26cc gassers!
Hey Alan,

We have our second race this Saturday, April 14th. The first race was cut short by weather. We only were able to fly two heats. However I did win my heat and Jerry won his so we are tied at 4 points apiece! Will see how long that lasts.

Dusters is good, have some issues with the 40 - 42% guys flying too wide on one end with a little noise problem, otherwise all is well.

Tammies is doing well, considering the economy. He has a lot of variety, so it's pretty stable.

Ya, still have that Edge, but have a DLE 30cc in it. It's a rocket now!

Good to see you posting on a regular basis.

Bill
Bill Martins is offline Find More Posts by Bill Martins
Old Apr 11, 2012, 02:33 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
Good luck Bill! Wish I were the guy to bring Jerry down! Not that I don't love him, he is just a fierce competitor, and he enjoyed his king of the hill status for a long time. He is probably thankful for the pressure he is finally getting!! Of course, that target will be on your back soon enough, just gotta string a couple of winning seasons together!!
Old Apr 11, 2012, 09:43 PM
Victoria B.C. Canada
Joined Aug 2007
217 Posts
Having just spent a week in the Portland area I got to do some shopping at Tammi's Hobby Store and have to say it is one of the best for RC Aircraft stuff. Will for sure buy there when in Oregon next time.
robbthepilot is offline Find More Posts by robbthepilot
Old Apr 12, 2012, 06:44 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbthepilot View Post
Having just spent a week in the Portland area I got to do some shopping at Tammi's Hobby Store and have to say it is one of the best for RC Aircraft stuff. Will for sure buy there when in Oregon next time.
They do have some good stuff there! Coyote hobby in Oregon city is great for gassers.
Welcome to the thread by the way!!
Old Apr 12, 2012, 10:58 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,518 Posts
Well it's chilly, cloudy and windy.
yesterday once again I wore myself out, so today I'm a lounge lizard.
Maybe I'll get wild and crazy and get to work on that MX
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Apr 12, 2012, 11:00 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,942 Posts
Wild and crazy... just not naked with glow fuel It's sort of cold and overcast and going to be windy later. Not that it matters... Today is all about my wife's birthday.
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Apr 12, 2012, 11:23 AM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
Well it's chilly, cloudy and windy.
yesterday once again I wore myself out, so today I'm a lounge lizard.
Maybe I'll get wild and crazy and get to work on that MX
Today is the nicest day in weeks and I have to work

Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
Wild and crazy... just not naked with glow fuel It's sort of cold and overcast and going to be windy later. Not that it matters... Today is all about my wife's birthday.
Cool news about your wife's birthday. My wife's birthday is in two weeks
Wish your wife a happy birthday from all of us twisted souls
SnowDog1974 is offline Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Old Apr 12, 2012, 12:08 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,837 Posts
Howdy kids
Brathanke a Very big and Happy Birthday to your bride enjoy it all
And thats cool that it sounds like things are going better at your field I can't even imagine having to worry about how someone feels about the way I fly.
As long as people are in control I have no problem with it and if their out of control than thats even better

Snowdog I hear that luckily I work in 4 cement walls below the ground surface so I at least can't be teased by beautiful days.

Kerwinalp50ha get working on that baby and hope you don't have a problem being able to flying it at the slick convention.

Welcome a board the fun ship Robbthepilot lets here some flight reports and see some pics and vids if you can we love that stuff

Bill congrats on the win Just take it one race at a time and Kick

And Plow we didn't rip SOME of you's up. we ripped you ALL up lol just kidding,, we had a great time and laughed all day and really know we both really appreciate this thread and all who belong to it. its the greatest place on earth

CR1 were all hopeing that one of these years we can do the great T_ _ _ Taholic gathering I think it would be better and more famous than Woodstock LOL
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Apr 12, 2012, 01:02 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,166 Posts
Bill M!! Good to hear from you, nice job on the win

Howdy Folks

I dont know if I posted these here but I will do it again. I was looking up gasser stuff a while back and I found some of this stuff to be good. Video learning is always my thing when handy.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1463639
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Apr 12, 2012, 01:25 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,837 Posts
Hey DOG I don't recall seeing those before Nice Links and How too's for sure Thanks
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Apr 12, 2012, 01:39 PM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
Bill M!! Good to hear from you, nice job on the win

Howdy Folks

I dont know if I posted these here but I will do it again. I was looking up gasser stuff a while back and I found some of this stuff to be good. Video learning is always my thing when handy.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1463639
Ron,
Thanks, that is some good stuff there! Very helpful.
Regards,
Mike
SnowDog1974 is offline Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Old Apr 12, 2012, 02:30 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,518 Posts
thanks DOG
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Apr 12, 2012, 05:31 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
The covering on my new Sabre 47 doesn't match! The ailerons and the main wing scheme doesn't fit.
I'm a little pissed.