SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 25, 2012, 09:06 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,446 Posts
I have a 40 I could build any time I want to...
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 25, 2012, 09:27 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
BTW.......does anyone here still fly a T_ _ _T?
I had my Twist 60 with the JBA15 gasser on it out today. I made four flights on it. Some upright and inverted flat spins, lots of stick slammin', lomcevak, inverted passes over the runway, and even some knife edge flying. I flew my delta wing a few times until I knocked the prop off and lost the spinner nut. Then it was all Twist 60.

It was a crowd pleaser.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Last edited by waynemia; Mar 25, 2012 at 09:35 PM.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 10:57 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Quote:
O yes snowman yes. Why today was a very twisted sunday. twisted indeed.
IT was in the 70's with the winds outta the north at about 10 mph at frist claming down to zero by five or so.
I showed up at the field at about three or so. I brought the club trainer,Lil 3DHS Edge, GWS pico Tiger Moth, and of course the newly repaired twist.
Now after making a half dozen trips unloading and setting up, I took a break.
Another guy also showed up with out a plane, so I put the little tigermoth up and let him fly it.
He was simply amazed at how the little moth flew.
After resting for a bit I took the Edge up. boy the the little buck huck come to life. Knife edge spins and harriers were all done effortlessly. After a five minute flight I landed her.
There was this little eleven , twelve year old boy showed up all wild eyed. And I couldn't resist inviting him to fly the club trainer. So I gave him a little ground school lesson and then off too the wild blue yonder we went. He didn't do real bad. But had to go home after the flight.
Another guy brought his super sportster and a Twist with an OS 46 on it. I worked with him a bit on it as he is a novice. But I had him doing some nice low approches and gave him the confidence he need to land them.
Another buddy brought his funster and starfire with a satio 52. he was telling me he paid 125 for the Starfire with the satio and servo's. It is a nice flying plane but the Funster really flew nice.
Now I went to fire the twist up and she just wouldn't start. So I changed the glow plug and she roared to life.
Now back last winter the engine wasn't running right and I retuned it. So after putting a new glow plug in it I took her off. Right off the bat I could tell the engine wasn't running right so after that flight I retuned it and really put her through her paces. It was about a 50/50 percent of the time that I could flatten her on the up right flatspin. But the inverted flatspin just wasn't happening. Looks Like I'm really out of touch.
I then took the Lil Edge back up and boy I was flatspining her both inverted and upright.
I did some super nice harriers and even thought about a harrier landing, but chicken out as she's still a virgin ( uncrashed or scratched).
Dark came on much to early but once again I put the pico moth back in the air. This time letting my buddy Chad fly her. He flew her for 25 minutes on a single battery and It was getting really dark so he had to land her. I got home at 8:30 and momma was beginning to wonder about me as it was way past dark and of course my cell phone was well hidden.
Still she had corn beef and cabbage waiting on me for when I walked in the door.
So yeah it was a very twisted sunday indeed
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Last edited by kerwin50; Mar 26, 2012 at 12:49 AM.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 11:00 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,446 Posts
And it begins!

Now to read the Kerwin Novel.
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Mar 25, 2012, 11:31 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,200 Posts
About six pages from the end it got really good

Nice Flight report mister Alpha.
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Mar 25, 2012, 11:45 PM
Hardrock Miner
Livingston, MT
Joined Jun 2006
759 Posts
Nice to see people flying. Fingers crossed maybe just maybe tomorrow morning the winds here may be down enough to get some stick time. Been 35-40 mph sustained winds with 65 mph gusts for what seems like forever.
jacklegchris is offline Find More Posts by jacklegchris
Old Mar 26, 2012, 06:51 AM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Quote:
Flew mine all winter with skis and it is always my crappy weather go to plane
CRFan1 is offline Find More Posts by CRFan1
Old Mar 26, 2012, 11:58 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
5,047 Posts
Nice flight report there kerwinalpha50 sir

Love those wing suits

Snowman What the hell is a T_ _ _ T
I need to build a new fuse and I will have my T_ _ _ T Bwipe and Twipe back Been busy remodeling the house all winter but its now Market ready now I can finally get back to plane building.

I wanna see a vid of the snowman flying a wing suit I'll get one too so I can film ya.

Sorry to hear of the lost Falcon 3Dwing

DOG Sweet can't wait to see that monster in the sky.
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Mar 26, 2012, 12:19 PM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,580 Posts
Quote:
Yep - you bet...just bought a new kit to replace the one that I crashed last fall.
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Old Mar 26, 2012, 01:43 PM
United States, PA, Nottingham
Joined Aug 2009
506 Posts
Another Weekend

without any flying, and yesterday afternoon the weather was perfect!! Had to attend a last minute conference on Thursday and Friday. It was the "Beneath the Sea" conference, held at the meadowlands converntion center in New Jersy. A demanding list of symposia, but the conference was great!
billd76 is offline Find More Posts by billd76
Old Mar 26, 2012, 02:14 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,200 Posts
That's pretty funny. My wife wants one of those tails now.
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Mar 26, 2012, 02:21 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,435 Posts
That's kinky stuff right there! Billd76....what the heck do you do for a living that requires attending a conference where girls dress as mermaids? Amusement Park procurement agent?
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old Mar 26, 2012, 02:50 PM
United States, PA, Nottingham
Joined Aug 2009
506 Posts
Quote:
That's kinky stuff right there! Billd76....what the heck do you do for a living that requires attending a conference where girls dress as mermaids? Amusement Park procurement agent?
Well, I do work for the government, so I guess you could refer to my job as something to do with an Amusement park
billd76 is offline Find More Posts by billd76
Old Mar 26, 2012, 03:47 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
That brunette does not look too happy to be there.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Last edited by waynemia; Mar 26, 2012 at 04:25 PM.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 04:16 PM
Joined Jan 2009
2 Posts
Where can a person find out about towing gliders and banners behind a model plane? I have a Telemaster Sr. and would like to do some towing with it. Don't even know where to start! Thanks.
dalock is offline Find More Posts by dalock