HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 24, 2012, 11:29 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,303 Posts
Guess who's at the field today for the second day in a row!!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 24, 2012, 12:09 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,490 Posts
I don't know please tell me.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Mar 24, 2012, 12:52 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,703 Posts
WOW ALWAYS AND I MEAN ALWAYS BUILD IT YOURSELF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Its very easy and you'll love it. after all this is a Hobby isn't it (waldo talking to himself) This is a hobby right Waldo answers "why yes I think" Waldo replys "I don't know anymore, I think its turned into a buy it and fly it lifestyle for most. Oh the joys they'll never know Yes I need to get out and fly

Nomatta Sweet looking build, I love your work always

Quote:
The hard part is all the bits and choices.... I was looking at the pspmfg tank cap today for my Fiji water bottle.... 34 bucks delivered... Easy answer, aint buying it. Switching BEC verses Linear for the servos, so I need 2 batteries or is one enough, should I have 2 regs, or is one enough? building plane fun, bits are a different story.
I can't resist here DOG
Fuel Motor.... Need fuel tank and plug. end of confusion lol
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Mar 24, 2012, 01:40 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,802 Posts
Different strokes for different folks For me the flying IS the hobby. I like the other parts as well but building is not my strong point. I know I COULD do it but Mike can do it better.
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Mar 24, 2012, 02:41 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
11,976 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
WOW ALWAYS AND I MEAN ALWAYS BUILD IT YOURSELF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't resist here DOG
Fuel Motor.... Need fuel tank and plug. end of confusion lol
We have club members that the hobby stops at flying and fueling. I think if it works out for people, its all good. It allows me to build all sorts of planes, some I would never own myself.

Waldo.... Lightest is bestest and a tank with no seams to split, is less messiest. I am putting in a 16 ounce Fiji seamless water bottle, leaving the new Dubro 32 ounce sit.
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Mar 24, 2012, 03:41 PM
Montana Transplant
United States, OR, Klamath Falls
Joined Aug 2005
1,929 Posts
while packing to move found I missed an electric Corsair

Low post count since 2005
mt_flyer is offline Find More Posts by mt_flyer
Old Mar 24, 2012, 04:17 PM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Great day at the field....after the fog lifted . Flew my EF extra 6 times and that thing just rocks....so reponsive yet docile. It just does everything crazy good

Also maidened a new 71" slick with a dle 30 and a cannister for a club member...now I REALLY want to fly mine again, lol. All in all a good day...weather was so so but we made the best of it.m
CRFan1 is offline Find More Posts by CRFan1
Old Mar 24, 2012, 04:20 PM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
We have club members that the hobby stops at flying and fueling. I think if it works out for people, its all good. It allows me to build all sorts of planes, some I would never own myself.

Waldo.... Lightest is bestest and a tank with no seams to split, is less messiest. I am putting in a 16 ounce Fiji seamless water bottle, leaving the new Dubro 32 ounce sit.
I have the fourtitude rc 8 oz tank in mine...19 bucks from aeroworks and i think 3dhs carries them now. Good tank and light. Nate, if you are after light, just run a single 2300 A123 set up from wrong way....it is really a nice set up. I use a diode in between the ignition (5.4 volts) and i have zero issues.
CRFan1 is offline Find More Posts by CRFan1
Old Mar 24, 2012, 04:42 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,490 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
Different strokes for different folks For me the flying IS the hobby. I like the other parts as well but building is not my strong point. I know I COULD do it but Mike can do it better.
I hear ya Nate. You want the best job done. I know I've been there, done it and bought the Tee shirt. I had a Hangar 9 Sopwith Camel that I had a friend build for me. He done such a nice job and I was very proud of her. I really hated selling her.
Whats even worse was watching the guy's son who bought it crash it.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 04:57 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
Wayne here is the part you are missing. A basic assumption you are making about the cost. Also, you don't HAVE to buy a high discharge rate LiFe pack. And it doesn't hurt that it weighs a lot less.

http://www.valuehobby.com/power-syst...h-2s-life.html

I see a balance plug. Are you planning to keep the LiFE packs balanced?
I will be running HV servos in my slick so that is why I'll have a 2s lipo for rx.

I have not had any problem running 5 Hi-torque digital servos off two NiMH packs in parallel.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Mar 24, 2012, 05:16 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
11,976 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_flyer View Post
while packing to move found I missed an electric Corsair

Low post count since 2005
We know you get a lot of flying in Daniel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post

I have not had any problem running 5 Hi-torque digital servos off two NiMH packs in parallel.
I balance all batteries around the 5th or so change, if you look at cycling NiCad and NiMH, its really no different.

First time you do a Wall and all you servos blow back <high torque or not> you would see the loss. If you are not doing any real high stress moves, you may be right.
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Mar 24, 2012, 06:35 PM
Montana Transplant
United States, OR, Klamath Falls
Joined Aug 2005
1,929 Posts
Everyone to Montana in July to camp and fly at 8000+ ft... Chris you still lplanning on it... July- Moose Park (Kings Hill)... come on Wayne... you-can-do-it-
mt_flyer is offline Find More Posts by mt_flyer
Old Mar 24, 2012, 07:34 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post

Fox Manufacturing makes a Fuji fitting. Josh gave me one last year, it's still sitting in a box with the unopened bottle of water!! Someday...

I had a great time the last two days. The first 3D flying I've done in a long time! I banged on my AW Freestyle pretty hard. I still hate that plane! The Orange receiver Nate sent me (thanks again Nate) worked flawlessly, much better than my thumbs!! I just slapped her in, maxed out the throws and let her rip! I put 30% expo in for the second flight, but that's it, and only on the ailerons.
There were quite a few flyers out today at the field I went to, including a few good 3d flyers. I think I'm gonna like that club.

I need an 89" Slick, I believe.
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Mar 24, 2012, 07:50 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,490 Posts
DOG you are so right. Thanks for reminding me. I need to cycle my MX batteries
Old Mar 24, 2012, 08:18 PM
Hardrock Miner
Livingston, MT
Joined Jun 2006
752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_flyer View Post
Everyone to Montana in July to camp and fly at 8000+ ft... Chris you still lplanning on it... July- Moose Park (Kings Hill)... come on Wayne... you-can-do-it-
Oh yeah. Still planning on it.
jacklegchris is offline Find More Posts by jacklegchris