SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 16, 2012, 12:00 PM
nothing
Joined Jan 2011
933 Posts
It been a long week, I'm thinking about stopping after I get off work and picking up a Simon and Garfunkel video and a gallon of 10% glow fuel. Someone please talk me off of the edge!
Kerwin49 is offline Find More Posts by Kerwin49
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 16, 2012, 12:00 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_flyer View Post
WHAT are you saying here!!

I am saying..... I should have not went there!
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Mar 16, 2012, 12:11 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,312 Posts
Real men?
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Mar 16, 2012, 12:40 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
5,021 Posts
Well first off WTH man ROTFLOL
This is not the expected reading I thought was going to be going on as I caught up here.... Oh wait yes I guess this is exactly what I expected

Thanks again for the Birthday wishes guys and Kerwin 5055Alphaomegaoldfart please wish your bride a Happy B-day from me too I was absent for the last 2 days so i missed much.

Quote:
Let's not start puting age with CC. That will mean I'll have to wait 20 yrs to build me a 50cc plane I want to do it in the next five years
well nothing says you have to go 1cc a year with inflation and all you could go 1 5 or 10cc's per year meaning your now behind and have a reason to catch up

Quote:
Real men dont use glow fuel
Yeah !!!!!! what up wit dat I have to say ONLY REAL men use glow fuel. lol

DOG around here Labor day weekend is usually the weekend we go to a Yankee Game because we have so many invites to everyones Last Big Bar-b-que of the year we don't want to dissapoint everyone by going to one and not the other, But to get anyone to do anything that weekend in these parts or for the people I know anyway is near impossible.

Tower Sorry to hear of the mishap but nope it sounds to me like your experiencing all the fun a T_ _ _ T has to offer LOL I loved mine so much because I got to fly it and Build it over and over again

Quote:
Did you say she wants to jump you or jump with you or both

Maybe you should send it to Waldo and he can throw it out of the plane right before he jumps
SnowDOG LOL no she wants to be the one to PUSH me
And Hell yeah I'll throw that T_ _ _ T out of a plane I might even hang on to the landing gear for a bit and see if I Can fly around with her
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Mar 16, 2012, 01:10 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,381 Posts
Don't you just love unseasonably warm weather? NoMatta, how the hell are ya? Long time no see! It's just like down home week.
snowman is offline Find More Posts by snowman
Old Mar 16, 2012, 01:15 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Don't you just love unseasonably warm weather? NoMatta, how the hell are ya? Long time no see! It's just like down home week.
That's what we say when we get a nice day in January
3DNater is offline Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Mar 16, 2012, 05:31 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
O the wind the wind when will it ever stop. But I guess it's spring.
Tomorrow is the Dog Show and I'm a little nervous. I only I could get a flight in before the show to calm my nerves. But not a maiden.
I may have to stop by K49's for a shot of glow fuel.
BTW K49 you got any pic's of your revovler yet.
I'm going to have to really hang on to my hat when you do a low high speed pass.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Mar 16, 2012, 07:26 PM
Cookies Good - Bacon Better
Portland, Oregon
Joined Sep 2008
1,610 Posts
Thanks Snowman. Glad to be here again. Things just got way too interesting for a while (and not necessarily a good interesting. I'll have an update once things finally shake out.
NoMatta is offline Find More Posts by NoMatta
Old Mar 16, 2012, 07:32 PM
nothing
Joined Jan 2011
933 Posts
New Plane

Just finished the Revolver 70, its powered by an O.S. 1.20ax. The pilot looks like either Garfunkle or Waldo.
Kerwin49 is offline Find More Posts by Kerwin49
Old Mar 16, 2012, 07:53 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
looking good but waldo hair is much longer and garfunkel is a bush head.
I think he looks like Gerry.
Now for those of you who do not know Gerry he's the guy who either never brings a plane to the field or one that doesn't work and then he wants fly ours.
BTW LT is Gerry going to maiden yours, I'd be glad to give him a call LOL
Old Mar 16, 2012, 11:03 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,144 Posts
We went to check out a spot to sit for the airshow tomorrow. Little did we know they were just a couple minutes from starting their routine for practice. So we saw the whole thing today. It was super cool. Too bad the battery on the camera died after only a few minutes. Here is what I was able to capture.

Blue Angels practice 03_16_12 (3 min 8 sec)

When we got home I went out to the turf farm with my brother for some evening huckin. Video brewing. I have to get it from my brother and he decided to go across town lol. I might have it tonight but probly not till tomorrow.

On a sad note, My brother piled in the green 47" 3dhs edge I started my 3d journey with. I lent him a battery to fly it and he flew it for a good solid 8 minutes and hit LVC. Broke it right in half but I think a motor box would fix it. I talked to Scott Stoops the designer a few weeks ago and he let me know that the 48" motorbox is almost identical and will drop in with only a few mods. I'm secretly hoping my lipo is ok too

Awesome day overall! My family is so cool!
Old Mar 16, 2012, 11:35 PM
Hardrock Miner
Livingston, MT
Joined Jun 2006
759 Posts
Right on Nate. I try and see the Blue Angels any time they are relatively close. Always a good show.
jacklegchris is offline Find More Posts by jacklegchris
Old Mar 16, 2012, 11:48 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Nate I have heard a few guys say to disable the LVC. Better to lose a battery than a plane. now I just need to figure out how to disable the one on my EDGE
Old Mar 16, 2012, 11:53 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,144 Posts
Nice bird KerwinOmega
Old Mar 17, 2012, 03:20 AM
BEOWULF
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,680 Posts
happy b day waldo you are the coolest guy ever
I must say also the nicest and kindest and most thoughtfull gentleman I have ever encountered, you really are a cool dude waldo

Mr. Snowman it is doing funny stuff here in Canada. It is snowing March 16th. 2012

As Kerwin said 5 times cycleing the rx pack makes the difference and i think so as well

Did some soldering today and put a watts up meter in between the 4cell aa rx pack to test out servos and rx draw, comes to about .5 amp with 3d draw with moveing the sticks
60 sized plane

My conclusion is to maybe l put two aa4 cells which will be 4000 mah aa 4 cells, heavy but I think needed for long range and nitro plane with skiis, heavy useage of servos for one hour min. looks to bring me down below 5 volts continuous supply.

two, four cell pack for rx will be used so no or none at all worries except loaded weight will be compromised.

this cub with skiis Mr. Snowman is one fat baby

this experimenting is driveing me crazy
David22 is offline Find More Posts by David22