Hello Keninvic. Welcome to the thread.
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 05, 2012, 12:27 AM
Hardrock Miner
Livingston, MT
Joined Jun 2006
759 Posts
Welcome back Plow. Good to see you posting again. Ever get that big Cub built?
jacklegchris is offline Find More Posts by jacklegchris
Old Mar 05, 2012, 12:45 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
5,041 Posts
DOG LOL I saw that pic on Facebook today ROTFLOL the reason it makes me laugh is we just watched Pirates of the Carribean this afternoon and then to go on FB and see that I noticed it right away Thats great.

PLOW Hey man Glad to see you and Nomatta here Too !!!!! Sorry to hear about the Sweatpea Death and glad your flying again and Also very glad Nomatta's back on the building boards Wahooo

Snowdog Nice Edge I do love those colors for sure

Kerwin50 What a deal and nice Yak

Ok You'll never hear me whine again about an edge, we went to the LHS Saturday and I searched this place on the Plane shelves for about 25 minutes looking for an edge while my cuz was next to the same isle talking to me as he looked for monokote he needed anyway I thought to hell with it I'm buying this Cap232 so I walked over to my cuz to let him know and there in the middle of the isle right next to him with a GOD Like Light beaming from all sides of the box was the Red and white Aeroworks Edge540 46-60 size standing on edge NIB less than 8 inches from him. WHAT THE I yelled and smacked him in the head did you not see this I've been crawling on the floor moving huge boxes for 25 minutes over there. we both laughed as he didn't even look at it. So I grabbed the thing and had to walk around the store getting the rest of my supplies as I wasn't letting it go. LOL

So Now Finally after 5 long years Waldo has an Edge Waldo has an Edge Waldo has an Edge Wahoooooooooooo its suppose to weigh between 6-7lbs when done So I think My 91FX will have this thing moving like a missile And plenty of power for hovering and what not. unless someone here thinks the 61fx will do the job just fine.

Anyway Waldo Happy man I think I can finally get on with my life now LOL

Oh By the way Loved the RC surf board vid ROTFLOL
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Mar 05, 2012, 01:03 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,196 Posts
Waldo congrats on the edge. Hope you love it

Man I have the itch for a 30cc plane so bad I can hardly stand it but no funds for it. My wife made me promise not to buy one until I graduate from grad school
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Mar 05, 2012, 06:32 AM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,443 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
Snowdog Nice Edge I do love those colors for sure

I thought to hell with it I'm buying this Cap232 so......
NO..... Not a Snappy Cap! I have one here half rebuilt, couple wings for it if you ever cant help yourself.
Quote:
the Red and white Aeroworks Edge540 46-60 size standing on edge NIB less than 8 inches from him. WHAT THE I yelled and smacked him in the head did you not see this I've been crawling on the floor moving huge boxes for 25 minutes over there. we both laughed as he didn't even look at it. So I grabbed the thing and had to walk around the store getting the rest of my supplies as I wasn't letting it go. LOL
That is great, he was helpful... I am just shocked there is a LHS today that still has enough inventory that you have to look to find something in stock. Those days seem to be near gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post

Man I have the itch for a 30cc plane so bad I can hardly stand it but no funds for it. My wife made me promise not to buy one until I graduate from grad school
Oh... you got yourself in a tough spot there.
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Mar 05, 2012, 07:52 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Nate just keep looking and shopping you'll never know what kind of good deal you may find.
That 30 cc is just around the corner.
Waldo as long as your not adding to much weight go with the 91 but if she gets too heavy she'll snap when you go to do a wall or waterfall.

O no I've got the weather channel on andI'm watching about the tornado that hit Hernyville In and all those other places.
My prayers are with those poor people. Too think a tornado with snow on the ground.

Guys I think I'm a hoarder and burried alive. I have so many planes and now my little work shop is so full of planes I can't even work on them. And the kitchen table is off limits for the time being as momma found some scratches from my heli on it. O she wasn't happy and now my heli is grounded since momma has declared open season on hit.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Mar 05, 2012, 07:54 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
BTW welcome to the madness Keninvic
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Mar 05, 2012, 09:44 AM
BEOWULF
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,811 Posts
hello Plow
nice to see you posting

your thread rocks and thanks for starting it
David22 is online now Find More Posts by David22
Old Mar 05, 2012, 10:11 AM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,761 Posts
Kerwin (insert large headshaking smiley here)
Dad_Roman is online now Find More Posts by Dad_Roman
Old Mar 05, 2012, 10:45 AM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,580 Posts
Quote:

Ok You'll never hear me whine again about an edge, we went to the LHS Saturday and I searched this place on the Plane shelves for about 25 minutes looking for an edge while my cuz was next to the same isle talking to me as he looked for monokote he needed anyway I thought to hell with it I'm buying this Cap232 so I walked over to my cuz to let him know and there in the middle of the isle right next to him with a GOD Like Light beaming from all sides of the box was the Red and white Aeroworks Edge540 46-60 size standing on edge NIB less than 8 inches from him. WHAT THE I yelled and smacked him in the head did you not see this I've been crawling on the floor moving huge boxes for 25 minutes over there. we both laughed as he didn't even look at it. So I grabbed the thing and had to walk around the store getting the rest of my supplies as I wasn't letting it go. LOL

So Now Finally after 5 long years Waldo has an Edge Waldo has an Edge Waldo has an Edge Wahoooooooooooo its suppose to weigh between 6-7lbs when done So I think My 91FX will have this thing moving like a missile And plenty of power for hovering and what not. unless someone here thinks the 61fx will do the job just fine.

Anyway Waldo Happy man I think I can finally get on with my life now LOL
Waldo has an Edge! Nice find there! CONGRATS. That should be a nice flying plane for you.
Looking forward to seeing some vids once you get that built!!
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Old Mar 05, 2012, 10:57 AM
Hardrock Miner
Livingston, MT
Joined Jun 2006
759 Posts
Nice catch Waldo. We need pics and vid soon.
jacklegchris is offline Find More Posts by jacklegchris
Old Mar 05, 2012, 11:18 AM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post

I finished Grad School, buy me one.

Here is a vid from 2/19. IT was not a special event, just happened that a lot of guys showed up.

This is officially a Twist 60 video! My TT60 is in there with the JBA 15cc Gasser.

I also dropped a pair of parachutes from my Kadet. If you watch closely, there is a Nerf football hanging between the landing gear. I dropped that too but you may miss it during the flight.

Andy - See if this is similar to yours.

Weekend RC Plane Fun at SRCC, Springtown, TX (8 min 45 sec)
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Mar 05, 2012, 11:30 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,316 Posts
Nate, thanks again for the help! The check's in the mailbox!

David!!!! How's married life?? Did you buy a house yet? How far have you gone with your FPV rig? I miss your great videos.

My wife is working on another masters. She gets up at 4:00 to study and then goes to work. At night, I sometimes have to close her laptop and put it aside because she falls asleep studying. She has a midterm Thursday, so she's all freaked out at the moment. She has some "not so nice" things to say about St. Louis Medical right about now! Anyway, she'll be done in December, so I'll just do what I can to help her until then. I am considering going back myself when she is done with her boards. Is there a degree plan for 3d RC flying?? Lol
Old Mar 05, 2012, 11:45 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,316 Posts
Nice vid Wayne, I watched the whole thing. You guys have some cool planes in your club! By the way, did you ever sell that H9 260?
Old Mar 05, 2012, 11:57 AM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
Nice vid Wayne, I watched the whole thing. You guys have some cool planes in your club! By the way, did you ever sell that H9 260?
Yea, I sold it to another club member, right after I sold my YAK. Now I have an 89" Slick and DLE-55 waiting to build.

Still trying to get rid of the smaller planes.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia