SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 04, 2012, 10:22 AM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,771 Posts
Heya David, glad you had a good vacation (jealous )

Good to see ya back
Dad_Roman is offline Find More Posts by Dad_Roman
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 04, 2012, 10:24 AM
BEOWULF
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,828 Posts
thanks and thanks again for the connection to the guy who sold me some planes for a great deal

well worth the money spent

now I am addicted to used planes
as well as new planes
David22 is online now Find More Posts by David22
Old Mar 04, 2012, 11:17 AM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,316 Posts
Hey fellas! I hope all are well. No chance of ever catching up on the thread but I trust you are all still having fun and looking out for new guys and helping one another as always.
I finally got some stick time yesterday. It's been a long time since I flew anything, at least 6~8 months!! Anyway, I brought a new friend and his son out to the field (a club I haven't joined yet), and like the other couple of times I've driven out there, the gate was locked and nobody was around! That didn't stop us, we packed in the trainer and gear anyway!
We had a great time even though it was a little breezy. Still, it was less than 15 mph sustained, so somebody else should have been flying, right? Well we flew a couple of tanks out, alternating between father and son on the buddy box until, towards the end of the last flight......boom! The wing snapped, for no apparent reason as she was flying by downwind! The son had control although I was trying to minimize the damage all the way down, I just forgot to let go of the trainer switch!! Lol! Don't think I would have been able to pull off a knife edge landing with a 20 year old Goldberg Eagle 2 anyhow, but 'ol Sweetpea might have fared a little better than she did! What a mess!! All the tail feathers ripped off, fuse broke in half, all the windows popped out or destroyed, main gear ripped off, main wing obviously in bad shape in two pieces. At least she died a spectacular death! She was a good plane, I once landed her without elevator (linkage) and didn't even break the prop! Thanks for teaching me how to fly Sweetpea. RIP
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Mar 04, 2012, 11:40 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Roman View Post
Thats a helluva guy!
Thats what I say. he has been a friend indeed.
Thank you K49

Plowboy when I was in copperas cove I went to 2 differnt fields all the time and there was never anyone there. The one field was in Temple and the other was close to Killeen
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Mar 04, 2012, 11:49 AM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,581 Posts
Wow plowboy....what a tragic yet poignant ending to an awesome plane....you are right...much better to go out in a blaze of glory instead of sitting unused in a dark corner of the hangar.

Good to hear from you. Hope you are able to enjoy more stick time going forward.
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Last edited by SnowDog1974; Mar 04, 2012 at 11:59 AM.
Old Mar 04, 2012, 11:51 AM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,449 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
She was a good plane, I once landed her without elevator (linkage) and didn't even break the prop! Thanks for teaching me how to fly Sweetpea. RIP
Good to hear from you PB... Sorry about your loss, the ole girl seemed to have server you well <mental note.... Still building Eagle II, add extra guts to the wings>.
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Mar 04, 2012, 11:57 AM
Prineville Oregon
Joined Jan 2007
286 Posts
he was flying with a friend and his friends son . Plow you ever hear fro Nomatta? He's been pretty scarce on here.
Outlw36 is offline Find More Posts by Outlw36
Old Mar 04, 2012, 12:03 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,200 Posts
Plowboy it's good to hear from you. Sorry about your plane but it's a great story
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Mar 04, 2012, 12:06 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,449 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlw36 View Post
he was flying with a friend and his friends son . Plow you ever hear fro Nomatta? He's been pretty scarce on here.
Yes... we are missing the Bacon Master.....
Old Mar 04, 2012, 01:31 PM
I am the Ernie of the midwest!
Joined Jan 2011
954 Posts
Bacon and waffles!
Kerwin49 is offline Find More Posts by Kerwin49
Old Mar 04, 2012, 02:08 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,771 Posts
Ploweewowee....whazzap dude!!!

...and yea....did waffles this mornin
Old Mar 04, 2012, 05:16 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,316 Posts
Thanks guys! She was indeed a good ol girl!
Yes! Thicker hardwood leading edge and maybe sheet a little further out? Still, she had lots of hours and I probably stressed her more than I should have. ;(

Outlaw, I called nomatta on my way back from the field! He's doing good and finally building again. He's working on his giant R3 again finally.

R Diddy!! I needs me sum buttermilk pie!! Just a little though, I'm on a diet still.
Old Mar 04, 2012, 05:19 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,316 Posts
Oh, I think my 9C is freaking out. I tried multiple receivers and servos. She needs to go in. Meanwhile, where can I get a cheap receiver for my Spektrum DX7, something that has been used without problems. I know there are a few but I don't have time to do the research. Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 04, 2012, 05:30 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,449 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
Oh, I think my 9C is freaking out. I tried multiple receivers and servos. She needs to go in. Meanwhile, where can I get a cheap receiver for my Spektrum DX7, something that has been used without problems. I know there are a few but I don't have time to do the research. Thanks in advance!
Only cheap ones I know of are the Park Flyers size. Whats up with the 9C?
Old Mar 04, 2012, 05:37 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,771 Posts
Prolly an "Orange"

Spinoff Spectrum Rx's. Lotsa places have em and guys here prolly have one they would loan/sell ya

Spectrum guys will tell ya where to get one quick.