HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 02, 2012, 05:27 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,522 Posts
Now Waldo as far as an Edge goes you can't go wrong with the lil 41 inch Edge from 3DHS.
I know it's electric but you have flown and own an electric. I read a few post about it.
Now this lil Edge is just incredible ask K49 he'll tell you. It makes this bumble bee sound in an Knife Edge Spin.
K49 I think that 120 on that revolver would be insanely over powered, go for it.
BTW I'm ready to adopt that yak, can you post a pic of it for the boys.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 02, 2012, 05:28 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,522 Posts
Snowdog I got my wood props from Valleyview
BTW that is one nice plane
Old Mar 02, 2012, 05:49 PM
Montana Transplant
United States, OR, Klamath Falls
Joined Aug 2005
1,929 Posts
HEY Guys... at one time there was a Twisted brother that live around Ontario, OR... anyone remember who that was/is?
mt_flyer is offline Find More Posts by mt_flyer
Old Mar 02, 2012, 06:16 PM
The Ayatollah of Rock & Rolla
United States, MO, Springfield
Joined Dec 2011
179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
From the wierd flying things at Fancy Foam, seems everyone likes the head stand:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_645j-vWquQ
Is it just me, or did anyone else think "Star Wars Tie Fighter" when they first glanced at this thing? I need one.
StickHack is offline Find More Posts by StickHack
Old Mar 02, 2012, 06:18 PM
The Ayatollah of Rock & Rolla
United States, MO, Springfield
Joined Dec 2011
179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974 View Post
where is a good source for wood props?

Thanks, I like the yellow scheme too...very good contrast helps too

This weather is crazy; we've got snow coming down at 2 in/hour and the southeast is going crazy with tornados. Kerwin49 and 50 are you guys ok?
I like the Xoar wood prop I have on my 3DHS Edge 48". Get them at Tower, or Advantage Hobbies.
StickHack is offline Find More Posts by StickHack
Old Mar 02, 2012, 06:35 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StickHack View Post
Is it just me, or did anyone else think "Star Wars Tie Fighter" when they first glanced at this thing? I need one.
Yea, kinda. I thought of modifying the sides when mine comes in.

Same on wood props - Advantage, Tower if you have a discount, and Valley View.

BTW, Advantage has everything Tower has, it is usually a bit cheaper than MSRP, and shipping is free at $50.

On another note: I tried out real flight version 1.0 today.

That thing is awful! I bet it was cherry back when it came out. I was helping a guy get it running on an older computer. The computer is cruising along fine but the graphics and controls just don't get it done. I am going to setup G5 and let him see what he is missing.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Mar 02, 2012, 06:38 PM
United States, PA, Nottingham
Joined Aug 2009
506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StickHack View Post
I like the Xoar wood prop I have on my 3DHS Edge 48". Get them at Tower, or Advantage Hobbies.
wife got ticked off tonight about a 74.00 order from tower hobbies for some servos. I'm at my wits end with her. She'll never accept this hobby. I'm growing very weary of the arguments. It's not like I'm going out and spending 3500.00 on a composite corsair! jeezz!! I'm thinking sadly, that to keep peace. I may have to give up flying. Sad! damn shame and damn sad.
billd76 is offline Find More Posts by billd76
Old Mar 02, 2012, 06:44 PM
Fly now crash later
Canada, ON, Newmarket
Joined Nov 2006
2,245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billd76 View Post
wife got ticked off tonight about a 74.00 order from tower hobbies for some servos. I'm at my wits end with her. She'll never accept this hobby. I'm growing very weary of the arguments. It's not like I'm going out and spending 3500.00 on a composite corsair! jeezz!! I'm thinking sadly, that to keep peace. I may have to give up flying. Sad! damn shame and damn sad.
Get a new wife.

I just got nailed the other day with a new plane, I thought she was in the garage while i was heading down to the basement with the box, Walked right into her. The bruises are recovering well.
davecrash is offline Find More Posts by davecrash
Old Mar 02, 2012, 06:50 PM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
No....other then gathering a few odds and ends, have not cracked the seals yet. I have another 87 300 SHP fuse on the bench doing a Motor box install, takes up the entire table. I have to make the electric motor mount for the 80 inch plank, then I get to start.

Did I miss a memo? Have they been black listed for slave labor, poor shipping times, or some other related behavior?
none of the above...I just prefer not to deal with them; their customer service is not something I choose to deal with, especially when there are so many US companies with better customer service and better return policies. Places like HeadsUpRC.com have decent hardware at reasonable prices compared to HK, at least for the things that I would choose to buy.
SnowDog1974 is offline Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Old Mar 02, 2012, 06:51 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Sorry man. I am very lucky my wife tolerates my eccentricities. I have had a lot of expensive hobbies. She usually participated with me but she has no interest in flying. I would like to teach her but it is just not her thing.

We are going to a star party tomorrow evening. I am wanting to get a telescope. If she is interested, I will go ahead and get one. If not, I guess I will have to pass.

I know some guys with secret accounts so their wives don't see the costs but they do see the planes and stuff.

I hope it works out for you.
Old Mar 02, 2012, 06:59 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Maybe Andy will let you guys try the TT he is working on that I tweaked. Probably need to have a sanity check.
Old Mar 02, 2012, 07:08 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
none of the above...I just prefer not to deal with them; their customer service is not something I choose to deal with, especially when there are so many US companies with better customer service and better return policies. Places like HeadsUpRC.com have decent hardware at reasonable prices compared to HK, at least for the things that I would choose to buy.
It takes a while to return something. It is better since they opened the US warehouse but you still have to return it and wait a while. Batteries from the US warehouse come pretty quick now.

I usually bulk stuff up from the club so HK saves us quite a bit.

I just placed a $300 order for stuff. One order came today but I missed the mail person. This one has two ASP (Magnum) .61 engines for a guy that were $57 plus shipping. I will have to go pick it up tomorrow.
Old Mar 02, 2012, 07:12 PM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,461 Posts
Quote:
Sorry to hear that....its a problem for sure. Sad to think you might have to give up the hobby.

I worked out an arrangement with my wife; I got a separate checking account and I have a monthly allocation from my salary which goes to that account. That's what I get to spend on the hobby - no use of household checking account for R/C stuff. Then, when my account is zero, I'm done until I get more in my R/C account. Maybe your wife could agree on something like that and you can spend an agreed-upon amount from that separate checking account.
SnowDog1974 is offline Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Old Mar 02, 2012, 07:24 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davecrash View Post
Get a new wife.

I just got nailed the other day with a new plane, I thought she was in the garage while i was heading down to the basement with the box, Walked right into her. The bruises are recovering well.
Mine was with me at the show when I picked up my 87, she says things like more planes, another child and such, but at the end of the day, I am the income mostly and she just looks at me funny.

Quote:
none of the above...I just prefer not to deal with them; their customer service is not something I choose to deal with,
I get that, and I do try to shop here too. I have had two return to them in 3 years, it takes time, but they did work out. Its hard to balance things.

Quote:
Sorry to hear that....its a problem for sure. Sad to think you might have to give up the hobby.
I dont know where little britian PA is but its close enough for me to drive for an intervention. heck I got planes he can "borrow". Stick it out, hope it will pass.
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Mar 02, 2012, 07:32 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,522 Posts
K49 how about this bird http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...25-arf-HAN4750

Guys I've been through all that before but after I got sick and was a quad for awhile my hands became like claws. I went through all types of PT to no avail and I thought I was going to have to accept having claws for hands.
But then I started flying my GWS pico tigermoth and there was an improvment. Then I tried repairing and building a plane and they got even better. I also couldn't stand for more than 2 or 3 minutes so I had to learn to fly sitting down, but the more I flew the better I got at standing. My wife seeing all this and how so many of my friends like K49 helping me out at the field was and is very glad I am in this hobby. My hands are some what normal now and I can even run and all thanks to this hobby.

Now before this I use to tell her well at least I'm not at the bar and you know where your man is at unlike so many other wives.

Some years ago a buddy of mine bought a futaba radio and paid like a grand for it. His wife just had a fit. But he told her honey you know that new piano you bought for 5k, it has just sat and you've only played it once, but my radio I will use it every day.

My 2nd wife and yes I've been married 3 times, ask me one time if I could find a cheaper hobby. I asked her what like fishing. She said yes that would be great. I said OK I need 20k for a bass boat and another 20k for a truck to pull it with. of course this was back in 1990.
She just scowled at me.
I had a girl friend tell me once that we could be driving a new car for what I spent on this hobby, to which I replied we could be driving a new car if you'd get a job. I slept on the couch that night.
All in all I'm pretty lucky though 3d time is charmed.