HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 29, 2012, 08:00 AM
United States, PA, Nottingham
Joined Aug 2009
506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
David, you need to go gas. You can get all that flight time with a lot less fuel on board. More weight for other gear. The is a 9cc coming out that might be good for you. I am running a 16cc and it is good.
I'm running a 24 oz on my PT 19. 40 minutes flight time!! I never fly if that long, but it's nice to know that I have the fuel there if I need to go around or whatever. I know, way over kill!!
Hey does anyone know where I might find the dimensions for the roll bar that goes between the cock pits? It's the only piece for scale looks that I dont have.
billd76 is offline Find More Posts by billd76
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 29, 2012, 09:16 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
5,046 Posts
Billd that looks so sweet excellent job

Wayne LOL I thought that was the 40 sized tiger 2 he had the 95ax on lol so Yes ALL 60 sized planes gets the 90 2 strokes

Kerwin for some reason I couldn't open that link but if its the aero-works 60 inch wingspan yes thats the one I think I'm going for I was going to put my 91fx on her and I was going to use a zenoah g26 on the BirdDog is a DLE 20 or 30 better then the Zenoah? Or more than $300.00 ?

David that cub is awesome nice looking and 2.5 hour flights LOL wicked, Yes I think you should go gas instead of glow.

Its not a glowing personality but a glow fuel soaked sheen on my face Yes Gas or Glow is all good with me as long as its Noisy and produces exhaust fumes I can deal with it
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Feb 29, 2012, 09:38 AM
Montana Transplant
United States, OR, Klamath Falls
Joined Aug 2005
1,941 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billd76 View Post
I'm running a 24 oz on my PT 19. 40 minutes flight time!! I never fly if that long, but it's nice to know that I have the fuel there if I need to go around or whatever. I know, way over kill!!
Hey does anyone know where I might find the dimensions for the roll bar that goes between the cock pits? It's the only piece for scale looks that I dont have.
my 88 inch used 3/16-7/32 dowels for the roll bar and 1/8ply for the top
mt_flyer is offline Find More Posts by mt_flyer
Old Feb 29, 2012, 09:49 AM
Hardrock Miner
Livingston, MT
Joined Jun 2006
759 Posts
DLE 20 is $269.97 and DLE 30 is $319.98, G26 is $325. G26 is 59.6 oz, DLE30 is 38.3 oz and DLE20 is 28.9 oz. The 26 seems to look more and more like an anchor than the others.
jacklegchris is offline Find More Posts by jacklegchris
Old Feb 29, 2012, 10:05 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Waldo if you shop around you an look for specials and coupons you can even get a better price than that. My brother paid 280 shipped to my door for my DLE 30 from Tower hobbies.
Besides the weight difference the DLE 30 is alot stronger. with an apc 18/6W I get 20 lbs of thrust.

Guys I so lucky this year as I have 2 huckfest less than 3 hours away from me. The linclon ne and the Kanasas city one.
Snowdog didn't you say there was an event in south mo on the cape?
I've been over at FG teasing the boys about me beening a circle flyer and coming to the 3DHS events.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Feb 29, 2012, 10:12 AM
Montana Transplant
Joined Aug 2005
1,941 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacklegchris View Post
DLE 20 is $269.97 and DLE 30 is $319.98, G26 is $325. G26 is 59.6 oz, DLE30 is 38.3 oz and DLE20 is 28.9 oz. The 26 seems to look more and more like an anchor than the others.
http://www.bphobbies.com/view.asp?id...0&pid=D2418807
Old Feb 29, 2012, 11:26 AM
Hardrock Miner
Livingston, MT
Joined Jun 2006
759 Posts
Good find Daniel. Added that site to my favorites.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 11:36 AM
NY
Joined Jun 2008
5,046 Posts
Well alright guys thanks for the info and that is a sweet find Mt I just did the same and added to my fav's
Now my next question is I hear quite a bit about people using these engines so they must be ok. not meaning to start a ford/chevy thing here but what is the word on the BP and DLE's compared to the zenoah?
like OS to Supertigre or whatever vs OS the thing I love so much about OS is they Last and last and last forever I have not had that fortune with any other engine except a couple of old Enya's I still have, but TT, ST, fox, evolution, etc... none of them have out lasted any of my OS's.

the Zenoah is my first gasser and I just took the word of people on that engine when I bought it. as I said I have no other gas engines to compare anything to anything. so brotherly love is needed here and all your wisdoms and experiences with the gassers.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 11:38 AM
United States, PA, Nottingham
Joined Aug 2009
506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_flyer View Post
my 88 inch used 3/16-7/32 dowels for the roll bar and 1/8ply for the top
Duh on me, never thought of dowels. Sounds like a plan! Thanks
billd76 is offline Find More Posts by billd76
Old Feb 29, 2012, 11:44 AM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacklegchris View Post
Good find Daniel. Added that site to my favorites.
I've purchased stuff from BP Hobbies before...decent site.

Here is one item they sell that I think is a really good value:

http://www.bphobbies.com/view.asp?id...8&pid=D1518421
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Old Feb 29, 2012, 11:47 AM
Montana Transplant
Joined Aug 2005
1,941 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billd76 View Post
Duh on me, never thought of dowels. Sounds like a plan! Thanks
you can see the dowels in this photo... the top cap is missing, added after photo... i think this is about the only photo of this plane I have

http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/at...ture%20070.jpg
Old Feb 29, 2012, 11:57 AM
Hardrock Miner
Livingston, MT
Joined Jun 2006
759 Posts
I don't know about your Zenoah Waldo, but the ones I have seen have that heavy magnito and fly wheel. These others use electronic ignition that is much lighter.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 02:26 PM
NY
Joined Jun 2008
5,046 Posts
jackleg yes mine is a bear lol I was just told those were one of the best gassers around, I have to use a 24 volt starter to spin mine up fast enough to bring it to life, so It was either that or an OS 1.60 the Zenoah was in my hand and the OS had to be ordered I loved the idea of getting a gas motor anyway so I decided to try it and couldn't be happier, needless to say the cost savings involved with running regular gas over glow. and if it has electronic ignition on board well thats a huge plus...
Old Feb 29, 2012, 02:32 PM
Hardrock Miner
Livingston, MT
Joined Jun 2006
759 Posts
I'm not doubting that they're a good well built engine. A buddy of mine has a 38cc and it sounds like the real deal. I've heard there is a EI kit for those Zenoah engines to where you could remove that extra weight.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 02:38 PM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
jackleg yes mine is a bear lol I was just told those were one of the best gassers around, I have to use a 24 volt starter to spin mine up fast enough to bring it to life, so It was either that or an OS 1.60 the Zenoah was in my hand and the OS had to be ordered I loved the idea of getting a gas motor anyway so I decided to try it and couldn't be happier, needless to say the cost savings involved with running regular gas over glow. and if it has electronic ignition on board well thats a huge plus...
Waldo - do you have a radio that can do an engine throttle curve for that Genoah that you have? Last fall, I was running a DLE-30 using an RDS-8000 (which does not have a throttle curve) and it was hard to control the throttle. I now have an SD-10G which does have throttle curve capabilities and I'm looking forward to setting that up so I can have smoother throttle response. I was just wondering what you did with that Genoah...
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick