HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 26, 2012, 10:57 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tower flyer View Post
I had a grate day yesterday ,I maiden Wildest cat ,what a fun plane. Not many people were at the field in spite of the best weather in a while.
StickHack sorry to hear about the engine because I am waiting foe a DLE to come in. It is being shipped UPS, I hope it comes in one piece . I am going to get my 150 T----T back in the air.
Are you ever in for a treat, that DLE 30 is somthing else
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 26, 2012, 11:54 AM
USA, AR, Austin
Joined Jun 2009
326 Posts
I am getting a DLE20 I know that the 30cc would be better but if I ever want to change to different plane I can go to 60-90 size and not have to go with a larger plane . I am tiring to stay in a size that I can carry inside my pickup. I think a 20cc will be OK for the way I fly. The plane 's weight is 6.7# less the engine, so maybe it will be ok.
tower flyer is offline Find More Posts by tower flyer
Old Feb 26, 2012, 12:07 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_flyer View Post
what is the WS on the Scary Edge...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_flyer View Post
always liked flying the edge, just not landing them...

This one was Sweet landing, point it at the runway and it would land its self, even in a X wind it would grease in.

Check this out, has entertainment and prolly not a bad 50CC deal....
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1602615

Here is the 50CC project I picked up at the WRAM Show.... Waldo split before I could share with him.

http://www.3dhobbyshop.com/87-Extra-...d_p_15169.html
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Feb 26, 2012, 01:15 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,861 Posts
Hey Kids
Thats funny DOG I said the same thing to my wife when we got home that the bes part of the show was finally getting to meet you and your wife it was truley an honor, glad we got to spend a little time wandering around and shootin the breeze. Had I known you bought that baby I might have hid in your trunk lol

The only thing I came close to pulling the trigger on was the 3DhS booth also, they didn't have the one I wanted there though so we decided to make a run to OUr hobby shop but we missed them being open by 15 minutes DOH !!!!

Great Pics also I won't post mine because you have the same ones and look much better than my crappy phone does. LOL
Anyway it was great to meet you and hopefully we can get to your field this fall for some flying time.
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Feb 26, 2012, 01:59 PM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,458 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
Well it sounds like everyone has been having a great weekend. Im sure we'll hear from snowdog and TOM soon

After all is said and done I flew at least 25 packs and had a wonderful time with my boy. I cant wait to get him started on the sticks.
Snowdog here, reporting in...no flying for me this weekend; 8 inches of snow on Friday, coupled with a poker night on Friday night, and a second round of dishwasher issues - had to uninstall first dishwasher, take it back to store, get a new one, install the new one, test the lines, no leaks, turn it on and run a cycle, noticed water dripping from right bottom corner of door - nothing to do with any connections; looks like defect, called Sears, they are coming to look on Monday, probably defective, I will need to uninstall, take to store, get a replacement, and do this for a third time. Really glad we got a new dishwasher. I think it was easier to wash the dishes by hand, not to mention the time this has taken away from building. Oh well, nothing more to do today, sunny and warm but winds at 20+ "the wind is from the south today"...so back to the workshop to work on the 58" Edge. Ron, congrats on the beautiful bird that followed you home from WRAM!
Cheers,
SnowDog1974 is offline Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Old Feb 26, 2012, 02:08 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974 View Post
Snowdog here, reporting in...no flying for me this weekend; 8 inches of snow on Friday, coupled with a poker night on Friday night, and a second round of dishwasher issues - had to uninstall first dishwasher, take it back to store, get a new one, install the new one, test the lines, no leaks, turn it on and run a cycle, noticed water dripping from right bottom corner of door - nothing to do with any connections; looks like defect, called Sears, they are coming to look on Monday, probably defective, I will need to uninstall, take to store, get a replacement, and do this for a third time. Really glad we got a new dishwasher. I think it was easier to wash the dishes by hand, not to mention the time this has taken away from building. Oh well, nothing more to do today, sunny and warm but winds at 20+ "the wind is from the south today"...so back to the workshop to work on the 58" Edge. Ron, congrats on the beautiful bird that followed you home from WRAM!
Cheers,
Its really a nice day here, little cool but sunny and nice.... Until you send that snow this way. I have to leave in a few hours for a couple days out on Long Island New York for work. That 58 edge is going to be sweet.

Yup, saved big on shipping on the big extra. These wings are in their wing bags and I kid you not, TRIPLE boxed with wood frames protecting the inner 2 boxes. I have not opened the big Fuse box, I would never leave in time to get to NY.

Dishwasher...plumbing.... there is no room in our hobby for that stuff!
Old Feb 26, 2012, 03:14 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,605 Posts
Thats a super nice snag bro
Dad_Roman is offline Find More Posts by Dad_Roman
Old Feb 26, 2012, 04:27 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,200 Posts
This looks like it could have possibilities.... Sorry Kerwin, I know you are still waiting on an order from them.

http://www.espritmodel.com/standbox.aspx
Old Feb 26, 2012, 04:45 PM
The Ayatollah of Rock & Rolla
United States, MO, Springfield
Joined Dec 2011
179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
Please do not talk about the 3DHS Edge 41 incher.
I crashed mine due to cold lipo's .
Then to make matters worse I pre ordered one from Espirt thinking I'll get one fairly quick.
Well now I'm seeing others get theirs and I havn't even got a shipping notice yet.
O the pain the pain. I miss her so much.
Mine is the 48" Edge 540. Esprit has the Blue ones in stock right now. Maybe its time to upgrade? I love this plane, serious, its way good.
StickHack is offline Find More Posts by StickHack
Old Feb 26, 2012, 04:49 PM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,458 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
This looks like it could have possibilities.... Sorry Kerwin, I know you are still waiting on an order from them.

http://www.espritmodel.com/standbox.aspx
Sorry, $69 for the basic box is too much for me; I'll stick to my primitive carrying techniques and buy another plane.
SnowDog1974 is offline Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Old Feb 26, 2012, 05:19 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,522 Posts
I'm really not certain that would be an upgrade.
I love my LiL Edge's landing gear set-up, as a matter of fact I love everything about this little plane except it's popularity.

well the winds finally calmed down but I couldn't find anyone to fly with.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Feb 26, 2012, 05:40 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,605 Posts
I know ya just spent the funds but.......

Headsup D.O.G.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1602861
Old Feb 26, 2012, 06:08 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Roman View Post
I know ya just spent the funds but.......

Headsup D.O.G.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1602861
Those things crashed into an ugly tree.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Feb 26, 2012, 06:44 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,605 Posts
Thought Id share this one.......
Old Feb 26, 2012, 06:45 PM
United States, PA, Nottingham
Joined Aug 2009
506 Posts
Well, had the opportunity to fly today, loaded up the PA Mc, the PA addition and went to our field. Watched others fly. Never pullled a plane out to fly. Just wasn't feeling it! Am I ok? MAN, stick time is what I need!!
billd76 is offline Find More Posts by billd76
Last edited by billd76; Feb 27, 2012 at 04:35 AM.