HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 16, 2012, 09:47 AM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974 View Post
Hey! I heard that! I have looked at EF airframes and I know they are very good quality...sometimes the choice is more subjective...before I purchased my 58" Edge from 3DHS I looked at comparable offerings from EF and the color scheme that was available was just not attractive to me. The Yellow color scheme seems to be better for me - better contrast against a blue and/or white sky? Red is also a good contrasting scheme...guess my eyes are getting old. The nice red scheme on the EF bird was out of stock, and the blue/yellow/silver color scheme just didn't do it for me. So it's not that I haven't looked...and I do have an EF 47" Yak 54... So I have drunk two flavors of koolaid...
Hehehe....you know I am just giving you guys c@p You seriously should try one of the newer generation EXP airframes though....they are on a whole nuther level from their older airframes.
CRFan1 is offline Find More Posts by CRFan1
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 16, 2012, 09:51 AM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,379 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRFan1 View Post
Hehehe....you know I am just giving you guys c@p You seriously should try one of the newer generation EXP airframes though....they are on a whole nuther level from their older airframes.
Yeah, I know I agree the new EXP airframes look pretty cool. The 60" Extra looks especially nice and the red color scheme seems very well done too!
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Old Feb 16, 2012, 10:39 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,766 Posts
The exp planes look great But I can't do the price of those fuel planes lol and they're out of stock on just about everything in the fuel department anyway.

Snowman nice pics and good fishin make for a great time and dinner

Mt LOL Great vid of the not a sea plane

Tower lol I always used a regular house iron and one day mine broke so i went up and grabbed the wifes Well I told her I broke hers and bought her a new one the next day, That was a nice move lol she got a new one and I had another iron myself everyone was a winner that day.

Abaser Nice Stang, If you have never flown one you might just want to try it out they fly like they're on rails here was our formation stang team
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Feb 16, 2012, 10:46 AM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,379 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
They fly like they're on rails here was our formation stang team
Formation looks awesome...flight videos please!!!
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Old Feb 16, 2012, 11:11 AM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
The exp planes look great But I can't do the price of those fuel planes lol and they're out of stock on just about everything in the fuel department anyway.

Snowman nice pics and good fishin make for a great time and dinner

Mt LOL Great vid of the not a sea plane

Tower lol I always used a regular house iron and one day mine broke so i went up and grabbed the wifes Well I told her I broke hers and bought her a new one the next day, That was a nice move lol she got a new one and I had another iron myself everyone was a winner that day.

Abaser Nice Stang, If you have never flown one you might just want to try it out they fly like they're on rails here was our formation stang team

Very nice looking planes!!
Old Feb 16, 2012, 12:22 PM
Unregistered User
United States, MO, Winston
Joined Jan 2011
805 Posts
Good photo Waldo, I want to see them fly that close together!!! Once I was flying my LT close to another LT, it was great right up to the moment when his prop chopped my plane in half, I still remember watching my plane fall in two pieces and my finger were still on the controlls trying to fly.....DUH! I have blond hair! I wish someone would have taken a video, it was cool!
Kerwin49 is offline Find More Posts by Kerwin49
Old Feb 16, 2012, 12:57 PM
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,766 Posts
well the big 4 plane formation team I think only had only 1 flight with all 4 planes, and it only lasted about 2 minutes, we had many 2 plane formations and a few 3 plane flights actually as the maiden flight of the red winged mustang found a 100 foot tree top to land in and stayed there for almost 2 weeks before we finally found out how to get her down. then another month later it was back in the sky but he put it back together crooked lol so it didn't fly as straight as the rest of them.

we were all suppose to full build GP 40 sized Mustangs use the Miss america scheme and power them with OS 61Fx's well 2 of us used 61fx's someone used a magnum 60 and the other was a ST 60 and one was a top flight ARF as the guy just didn't have time to build one that season.
so needless to say it was a little tougher to keep them together in flight.

we did indeed have a blast with them and even had some great 2 and 3 man formation flights where we were actually pretty tight but of course those flights didn't get video because we were all flying and nobody to run the camera, on a few flights the guys narrating were the other stang pilots but their planes didn't fly that day LOL but we did total 2 of them I'll include that video of the after math as the crash didn't get filmed. and we are in the process of getting the stangs back together for this season. I'm posting a few vids but they are nothing special as I said just because of mishaps and only 2 good OS motors, the other 2 planes stayed grounded quite a bit.

The only day our 4 man team had 4 running mustangs but still only 3 ever made it to the sky and we were all over the place LOL But it was still fun.
RC Planes in the rain (10 min 12 sec)

3 mustang formation attempt 2
3 Mustangs 2nd attempted formation flight (3 min 43 sec)

The Aftermath of My Mustang crash
P-51 Mustang Crash (6 min 26 sec)
Old Feb 16, 2012, 01:05 PM
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,766 Posts
Kerwin49 LOL well you did the right thing as your always suppose to fly the plane until all the pieces hit the ground and stop.
I imagine it looked a little like this lol
Old Feb 16, 2012, 01:19 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
4,961 Posts
MN has some great fishing that's for certain! I'm not one that's after only big fish as I've been feeding my family with what I harvest from the woods/water for the last 28 years and have contributed to the table for as long as I've used a firearm , traps, or fishing pole. Sure, I've got some great fish....51" Northern, 13 lb Walleye, 8.5 lb Coaster Brook trout, but it's the 17-19" walleyes I like to fill the smoker with. Those 8-10" brook trout cooked on a wood fire stream-side are nothing to sneeze at either. Coho salmon is great when cured with coarse salt and dark brown sugar...then cold-smoked with a glaze of dark rum and molasses. The way I figure it is I guess it's ok to die young of cholesterol-choked blood vessels if you've enjoyed life as much as I have....even though its cold, winters are long, summers are short, and mosquitoes are big enough to show up on radar.

Kerwin, I forgot to take a picture of the two northerns I got today......next time. Would you like a pic of some fillets?
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old Feb 16, 2012, 01:37 PM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
MN has some great fishing that's for certain! I'm not one that's after only big fish as I've been feeding my family with what I harvest from the woods/water for the last 28 years and have contributed to the table for as long as I've used a firearm , traps, or fishing pole. Sure, I've got some great fish....51" Northern, 13 lb Walleye, 8.5 lb Coaster Brook trout, but it's the 17-19" walleyes I like to fill the smoker with. Those 8-10" brook trout cooked on a wood fire stream-side are nothing to sneeze at either. Coho salmon is great when cured with coarse salt and dark brown sugar...then cold-smoked with a glaze of dark rum and molasses. The way I figure it is I guess it's ok to die young of cholesterol-choked blood vessels if you've enjoyed life as much as I have....even though its cold, winters are long, summers are short, and mosquitoes are big enough to show up on radar.

Kerwin, I forgot to take a picture of the two northerns I got today......next time. Would you like a pic of some fillets?
Oh I am with ya snowman I have caught some nice fish over the years but in MN, in the evenings, we go after the monster gills and crappie Good fun and I love to eat them! I live 15 minutes from Lake Michigan too so we are are coming up on some Jumbo perch and Coho action in the next month or so. I cannot wait

Old Feb 16, 2012, 03:45 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974 View Post
The Yellow color scheme seems to be better for me - better contrast against a blue and/or white sky? Red is also a good contrasting scheme...guess my eyes are getting old. So I have drunk two flavors of koolaid...
Color is not this issue, you have to get a bigger plane and fly it much closer..... My eyes are seeing a 87 inch Extra 300 SHP. Now I just have to work on the flying closer.
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Feb 16, 2012, 04:42 PM
United States, PA, Nottingham
Joined Aug 2009
504 Posts
Abaser Nice Stang, If you have never flown one you might just want to try it out they fly like they're on rails here was our formation stang team[/QUOTE]

NICE SQAUDRON!!!!!!!!!
billd76 is offline Find More Posts by billd76
Old Feb 16, 2012, 04:45 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post

Yes please, I loved those past pictures. Snowman If you don't quit talking about all this fishing , I may end up at your door. LOL

Well I ordered some servos and ply so as I can get my Dymond Tiger Moth back in the air. She's only set 5 years.
I still need to finish the twist also
Does anyone have a time stretcher
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Feb 16, 2012, 05:52 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
Yes please, I loved those past pictures. Snowman If you don't quit talking about all this fishing , I may end up at your door. LOL

Well I ordered some servos and ply so as I can get my Dymond Tiger Moth back in the air. She's only set 5 years.
I still need to finish the twist also
Does anyone have a time stretcher
I have a servo stretcher.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Feb 16, 2012, 05:54 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
4,961 Posts
CRFan1.......those are some nice looking fish! Ya have to catch more than one or two at a time though, unless you're the only one that eats it!

Kerwin, if you're ever up this way I could give ya a glimpse into what it's like to live the life that the snowman lives.......simple, honest, dirt poor....but we have fun. *Point of interest: It's a little known fact, but the word "hillbilly" originates here in the U.P. of Michigan......not in the south!
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman