Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 14, 2012, 04:21 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
4,954 Posts
A few pics from today's outing with my wife.......a guy can't go wrong with a woman that likes to go ice-fishing on Valentine's Day!!!!
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 14, 2012, 04:59 PM
United States, PA, Nottingham
Joined Aug 2009
504 Posts
Snowman! BRRRRRRR!!!!
Ok ya''ll 15 foot roll of coverite will be here for my PT 19 wing tomorrow. What is my best approach from covering the 83 inch wing span? Should I apply a 10 inch strip on the middle (all the way around and work out from there towards the wing tips? Or just go with one sheet all the way accross and work from the middle out? I'm concerned about the dihedral causing a crease some where. Have to travel on business tomorrow to Rochester New York, won't be home till Saturday, so it will be this weekend before I start it. Got the decals for the wing a fuse today. Fuse should be finished tonight except for repainting the cowl.
billd76 is offline Find More Posts by billd76
Last edited by billd76; Feb 14, 2012 at 05:04 PM.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 05:40 PM
Unregistered User
United States, MO, Winston
Joined Jan 2011
805 Posts
Hey Snowman, how about some pics of the fish, I havent caught a Northern Pike in years, we dont have any here. I fish all the time here mainly crappie and bass.
Kerwin49 is online now Find More Posts by Kerwin49
Old Feb 14, 2012, 05:52 PM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacklegchris View Post
My oldest daughter went with my to the hobby store to pick me out a small Valentines gift. She ended up picking out a HPI racing mini recon truck. Man this thing is fast and fun. But I think she had alterior motives as she has been wanting an RC truck.
that sounds pretty cool....got any photos or videos of said toy?
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Old Feb 14, 2012, 06:25 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
Wayne LOL I didn't think it was insensitive I thought it was freakin hillarious LOL Thats what this brotherhood is all about. sorry if my wording made you or anyone else think differently. after all what are friends for if we can't pick on each other.

OK Thanks Tower wait Now I think I'm even more confused LOL yes I have no mind anymore LOL what the heck is PT?? My wife has a PT cruiser
Sarcasm in my case.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Feb 14, 2012, 06:29 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,875 Posts
Sheesh Snowman... I'll let you live there and I'll live here where its WARM Of course I can go ice fishing if I want to drive an hour.
3DNater is offline Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Feb 14, 2012, 06:30 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,500 Posts
Snow just how big are those pikes. K49 and I may just have to come up and have you play fishing guide. Then FISH FRY
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Feb 14, 2012, 06:38 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
A few pics from today's outing with my wife.......a guy can't go wrong with a woman that likes to go ice-fishing on Valentine's Day!!!!
I'm in on the snow drift! I guess you did not fall through the ice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billd76 View Post
Snowman! BRRRRRRR!!!!
Ok ya''ll 15 foot roll of coverite will be here for my PT 19 wing tomorrow. What is my best approach from covering the 83 inch wing span? Should I apply a 10 inch strip on the middle (all the way around and work out from there towards the wing tips? Or just go with one sheet all the way accross and work from the middle out? I'm concerned about the dihedral causing a crease some where. Have to travel on business tomorrow to Rochester New York, won't be home till Saturday, so it will be this weekend before I start it. Got the decals for the wing a fuse today. Fuse should be finished tonight except for repainting the cowl.
I assume you know to do the bottom first.

I would do it all in one piece if I could I did a Giant Super Sportster recently.
Make sure the seam where the wings meet on the top and bottom are smooth and no gaps, fill and sand if you need to. Tack the center then leading and trailing edges at the center. Tack them well. Then the center of one wing tip followed by the leading and trailing edges. Then the center of the wing half leading and trailing. I would then work from the center to the tip. A second set of hands would help. I prefer to do the stretching and have the helper tack the edges with an iron. Main wings usually let the hot air out so I don't worry about leaving gaps for the air to escape like the tail feathers need.

Then flip it and do the top the same way.

That's my .02 worth.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 06:40 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,224 Posts
I flew Microsoft Flight Simulator X at Niagra Falls. It was snowing and nasty for flying.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 06:45 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,224 Posts
Cowl is on the Kadet. I have to change the receiver so I can control the sailplane release.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 06:52 PM
United States, PA, Nottingham
Joined Aug 2009
504 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
I'm in on the snow drift! I guess you did not fall through the ice.

I assume you know to do the bottom first.

I would do it all in one piece if I could I did a Giant Super Sportster recently.
Make sure the seam where the wings meet on the top and bottom are smooth and no gaps, fill and sand if you need to. Tack the center then leading and trailing edges at the center. Tack them well. Then the center of one wing tip followed by the leading and trailing edges. Then the center of the wing half leading and trailing. I would then work from the center to the tip. A second set of hands would help. I prefer to do the stretching and have the helper tack the edges with an iron. Main wings usually let the hot air out so I don't worry about leaving gaps for the air to escape like the tail feathers need.

Then flip it and do the top the same way.

That's my .02 worth.
Sounds good, thanks. It will be one huge piece of covering. But what the heck, ya only live once!! and yes know to do the bottom first.
billd76 is offline Find More Posts by billd76
Last edited by billd76; Feb 14, 2012 at 09:11 PM.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 07:16 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,875 Posts
My slick is about RTF again and the replacement 48 edge ariframe shows up tomorrow. Woohoo!
3DNater is offline Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Feb 14, 2012, 07:19 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
4,954 Posts
Ok Kerwin, I'll take some pics of some fish for ya!
What I did discover was that Lac La Belle is down about 18"!!!! The significance of that is that Lake Superior is connected to Lac La Belle by a short 1/8 mile long channel which means Lake Superior is down 18"!!!! That's huge........plus add the snow deficit we have.......no flooding for you folks down south anyway!
The ice was over a foot thick so no fear of breaking through.....my wife can't collect on the life insurance just yet.
BTW......I can't believe how thin I look from 400 yards away!
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old Feb 14, 2012, 09:11 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,060 Posts
I dont mind heights.... this made me dizzy as to watch

http://edge.liveleak.com/80281E/u/u/...0365%26embed=1
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Feb 14, 2012, 11:31 PM
Pawnee, OK
Joined Jun 2008
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
I dont mind heights.... this made me dizzy as to watch

http://edge.liveleak.com/80281E/u/u/...0365%26embed=1

I used to say I wanted that job... ... now I'm not so sure...
buckskin is offline Find More Posts by buckskin