HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 05, 2012, 08:13 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Oh yea Bill, you need a warm up plane. Something you can fly and reduce some of the willies.

Then it is just go pee, go fly, go pee again.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2012, 08:16 PM
United States, PA, Nottingham
Joined Aug 2009
506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
Foamies Help Too.... Nothing like EPP you can dork many times to improve the feel for things.

I take spells where I go to the club and I am just not feelin it, I will end up sitting around and not really flying much. Could be over cautious too. This year <club drama is getting better> I promised I would push flying more, and I have a few spare planes built up, that always helps.
I have foamie and the PA addiction that I can fly in the back yard. Lately though, I've been making excuses, like too windy. That's bull, it's hasn't been too windy at all lately. I'll get out of this rut some how. I have too. I always fly my foamie or the PA addiction first. they are my warm up planes.
billd76 is offline Find More Posts by billd76
Old Feb 05, 2012, 08:18 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Roman View Post
Wayne on the other hand would never let someone else maiden his. He is, however, the goto guy for his clubs maiden flights
Well, if it gets broke, it is better if I am on the sticks. I don't have to second-guess if I could have done something different.

I do have other people fly my planes though, just not the maiden.

Except October 2008. My Tower 40 trainer was maidened by another guy. This was when I was getting back in the air.
Old Feb 05, 2012, 08:22 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,615 Posts
Wayne was writing at the same time

Bingo and bingo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
I take spells where I go to the club and I am just not feelin it, I will end up sitting around and not really flying much. Could be over cautious too. This year <club drama is getting better> I promised I would push flying more, and I have a few spare planes built up, that always helps.
I dont think anyone has ever tore up a plane cause they were overcautious

I know what you mean "not feelin it" I've felt that same way and just leave my stuff in the truck. Or maybe put it together and if Im still not feelin it then i just dont
Dad_Roman is offline Find More Posts by Dad_Roman
Old Feb 05, 2012, 08:24 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,615 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
Well, if it gets broke, it is better if I am on the sticks. I don't have to second-guess if I could have done something different.
Yea I didnt mean EVER

I just remembered you sayin you maiden your own stuff.

I like the club pro. I grant that he is a young kid and ten times better than I will ever be! If he cant save it then there is litterelly NOTHING I could do and I know it.
Dad_Roman is offline Find More Posts by Dad_Roman
Old Feb 05, 2012, 08:28 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,259 Posts
Quote:
...and thats exactly what destroyed my Sr Telemaster
...about 3/4 rebuilt.
I have been bit by that dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
Oh yea Bill, you need a warm up plane. Something you can fly and reduce some of the willies.

Then it is just go pee, go fly, go pee again.
Unless you have a white knuckle even while flying, then the pee already happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billd76 View Post
I have foamie and the PA addiction that I can fly in the back yard. Lately though, I've been making excuses, like too windy. That's bull, it's hasn't been too windy at all lately. I'll get out of this rut some how. I have too. I always fly my foamie or the PA addiction first. they are my warm up planes.
If you can huck about with a PA addiction, they get easier as the plane gets bigger.... so does the work and price tag.... That is the real issue as DR points out.

We have guys that dont build planes, they have them built... they fear nothing. Then I fix it for them.
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Feb 05, 2012, 08:31 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,533 Posts
Bill I know what you mean, what you really need is a beater plane.

Nate I've been at a few clubs where they really get nervous or pissy when I fly.
Of course I can be well away from the pits and cause people to grab thier seats and wonder what to and for sure thought I was gonna lose it or I'm just down right down crazy. And yes even at the field I'm at now a few of the boys will yell at me while ignoring the other kerwin buzzing the pits
Now if that ain't the pits
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Feb 05, 2012, 08:32 PM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
I always maiden my own planes...am i nervous, sure.....but i have gotten better and I just suck it up. The only one crashing my plane on a maiden is me, lol. Actually, i have more issues after i get comfy with a plane and my guard is down .

Have confidence in your ability ane be methodical before your maiden flight.......you can do it
CRFan1 is offline Find More Posts by CRFan1
Old Feb 05, 2012, 08:35 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,259 Posts
I got a new HD Cam off of WOOT.com <another addiction> so I had AJ fly my MX2 today so I could test it out.

One of the club members is buying my MX2. He has no internet to order <never plans too, sort of a Tommy Chong fella> so I told him he could buy it in 2 weeks.

AJ flying the MX2 (3 min 20 sec)
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Last edited by DaOldGuy; Feb 05, 2012 at 08:40 PM.
Old Feb 05, 2012, 09:21 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Wayne was writing at the same time

Bingo and bingo!

I dont think anyone has ever tore up a plane cause they were overcautious

I know what you mean "not feelin it" I've felt that same way and just leave my stuff in the truck. Or maybe put it together and if Im still not feelin it then i just dont
I recently had a day that I was in spectator mode. I just didn't feel right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
Nate I've been at a few clubs where they really get nervous or pissy when I fly.
Of course I can be well away from the pits and cause people to grab thier seats and wonder what to and for sure thought I was gonna lose it or I'm just down right down crazy. And yes even at the field I'm at now a few of the boys will yell at me while ignoring the other kerwin buzzing the pits
Now if that ain't the pits
We have some guys that scare the crap out of me. The club president for one.
Old Feb 05, 2012, 09:36 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Cularis

Ready to maiden. 4lbs.
Old Feb 05, 2012, 10:01 PM
The New and Improved:
United States, MO, Cameron
Joined Jan 2011
857 Posts
I dont buzz the pits Kerwin50 I look at it like baseball, they stand too close to the runway, I brush them back by flying close to them. Like a pitcher who get the batter to back off the plate
Kerwin49 is offline Find More Posts by Kerwin49
Old Feb 05, 2012, 10:12 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,007 Posts
Congrats GIANTS!
3DNater is offline Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Feb 05, 2012, 10:50 PM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,496 Posts
I was able to get out and fly today. Congrats Tom on maidening your EF airframe! It's about time

I flew the EPP Edge 540...all four new GensAce 450 packs...made a huge difference!
Then I flew the Extra, and finally got a few packs through the 51 Slick...what a FUN plane to fly...the thing is amazing. Sunny and no winds at the field today...this is February, right?!
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Old Feb 06, 2012, 04:46 AM
United States, PA, Nottingham
Joined Aug 2009
506 Posts
Thanks all. Feel better now. No need to pee! Family doc put me on Avodart! No side effects, thank God!! I guess with the yak I'm more concerned cause it was a Christmas gift form the misses. I do maiden my own planes though. I have set a goal to maiden the yak within the next two days!
billd76 is offline Find More Posts by billd76