HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 02, 2012, 12:05 AM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,581 Posts
Afraid

Its on my other Comp. Ill dig it out tommorrow.
Dad_Roman is offline Find More Posts by Dad_Roman
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2012, 06:17 AM
United States, PA, Nottingham
Joined Aug 2009
506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StickHack View Post
Not possible to select wrong plane, I have accidentally trimmed before by hitting the switch while carrying my plane out to the taxi area. Could be a bad servo, could be a number of things. Wrong model is almost impossible. I also use trim on my DX7 to stop my engine, idle down since it has no throttle cut switch (something I miss from the DX6) sometime I trim the wrong switch. I dont know why, but I do it often.
Yeah, it's impossible to select the wrong model with the Dx7. I have repaired the CF landing geat with thread, ca and ca accelerator. How can I test the servo? I mean it wanted to dive hard! I can't believe that 5 degrees down elevator would cause such a steep dive, but who knows. Yeah I use my throtttle trim to shut off my nitros. and also as a backup for the kill switch on my gasers. It was diving so hard that I couldn't get to the trim switch on the elevator. Thinking about it now, I should've rolled it inverted and a least I might have been able to adjust it while gaining altitude. It all just happened so friggin fast! Will get it back in the air tomorrow and see what happens. If anything else, I'll have an excuse to get a new plane!!
billd76 is offline Find More Posts by billd76
Old Feb 02, 2012, 06:56 AM
Lawn Dart Professional
USA, AR, Stuttgart
Joined Jul 2010
1,597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
I PM'd you. I am RF 5.5. I think you really should make it break in the middle if you have a crash. The weak points are right behind the canopy, just in front of the tail feathers, and the fuse just were the wing crests. I have broken just in front of the tail and the fuse at the wing. I have not had the rear of the canopy thing.

I think the wheels should fall off if you land really hard too.

I don't remember if you are doing the 40 or 60. We need a 61 on the 40 and a 91 on the 60.

Maybe a ballistic parachute if we get into real trouble.
The more I think about it, the more I want this thing to splinter up. I'll look around for good pics of the bones to guide me for the internal structure. Anyone have any BEFORE pics? I've seen quite a few after pics here, so I'm good in that department
abaser is online now Find More Posts by abaser
Old Feb 02, 2012, 08:51 AM
Hardrock Miner
Livingston, MT
Joined Jun 2006
752 Posts
Before as in before covering?
jacklegchris is offline Find More Posts by jacklegchris
Old Feb 02, 2012, 08:57 AM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
Ya Wayne electric on the big planes have some serious drawbacks. I'd definitely want a 30cc gasser on a 71 slick. You gotta love 15 min flight times and cheap fuel. Those 5000+ packs are stinking expensive. I'm guessing it's two 4s packs in series?

Plus I'd want smoke
Yes - and Whiney Hitec Servos. Someone just swallowed up the whole list on the 3dh site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaser View Post
The more I think about it, the more I want this thing to splinter up. I'll look around for good pics of the bones to guide me for the internal structure. Anyone have any BEFORE pics? I've seen quite a few after pics here, so I'm good in that department
Check the Tweplica thread

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...light=tweplica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Roman View Post
Point of order!

When your finger intercepted the prop this disrupted the vacum fuel draw of the engine due to decreased rotation......
Amended point of order: I stuck three fingers in a Saito .82 that was ONLY turning 2000 rpm and it never slowed down, let alone stop!
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Feb 02, 2012, 09:08 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,834 Posts
Abaser Here is a link to the Tweplica build thread I believe I have full pics of all the parts seperately in the bones if that would help you. the build starts on page 3 or around post #42
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1152519&page=3

Dad lol Ya just have to love this crew
Quote:
When your finger intercepted the prop this disrupted the vacum fuel draw of the engine due to decreased rotation
wayne nice puzzle solving I love puzzles, especially at the airfield lol

Billd what kind of control rod are you using (solid rod or some kind of Connector in a sleeve type thing
I don't know much about the dx7 except the yamaha dx7 was a hell of a keyboard in its day lol It sounds weird that the rudder was out and the elevator was out almost like after the last flight the trim got reset somehow what type receiver? I'm even thinking the servo holder may have moved but to have 2 surfaces be changed sounds like something in the box changed something to me.

K50 thanks for the airfoil link on the twep thread,, sweet
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Feb 02, 2012, 09:17 AM
United States, PA, Nottingham
Joined Aug 2009
506 Posts
[QUOTE=Waldopepperaxe;20616305]Abaser Here is a link to the Tweplica build thread I believe I have full pics of all the parts seperately in the bones if that would help you. the build starts on page 3 or around post #42
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1152519&page=3

Dad lol Ya just have to love this crew

wayne nice puzzle solving I love puzzles, especially at the airfield lol

Billd what kind of control rod are you using (solid rod or some kind of Connector in a sleeve type thing
I don't know much about the dx7 except the yamaha dx7 was a hell of a keyboard in its day lol It sounds weird that the rudder was out and the elevator was out almost like after the last flight the trim got reset somehow what type receiver? I'm even thinking the servo holder may have moved but to have 2 surfaces be changed sounds like something in the box changed something to me.

I'm using a AR6000 rx, it has non adjustable CF control rods, the servo end is a Z bend and the other end has a sleeve that is epoxied inplace on the CF rod. I bought the plane already built. I had 50 or so flights on the plane, never had a issue, so I agree that somehow the Dx7 did something or bad servo. Will have to figure it out. Will force myself to do a better preflight on the control surfaces. EVen though I shouldn't have to worry once the trim is set on the DX7. I still amazed with the minimal damage, it hit extremely hard. Guess the CF construction through out the plane does make a difference.
billd76 is offline Find More Posts by billd76
Last edited by billd76; Feb 02, 2012 at 10:33 AM.
Old Feb 02, 2012, 10:32 AM
Lawn Dart Professional
USA, AR, Stuttgart
Joined Jul 2010
1,597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacklegchris View Post
Before as in before covering?
Exactly. I'll check ot the the link waldo provided this afternoon.
Old Feb 02, 2012, 10:58 AM
Hardrock Miner
Livingston, MT
Joined Jun 2006
752 Posts
Ok. I can get you a pic of the 60 fuse as mine is in the process of re covering. I already have the wing covered so I can't help ya there. Let me know.
jacklegchris is offline Find More Posts by jacklegchris
Old Feb 02, 2012, 11:22 AM
Lawn Dart Professional
USA, AR, Stuttgart
Joined Jul 2010
1,597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacklegchris View Post
Ok. I can get you a pic of the 60 fuse as mine is in the process of re covering. I already have the wing covered so I can't help ya there. Let me know.
A direct side and top view would be great.
Old Feb 02, 2012, 12:14 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Anyone know where the setting is to go back to the old UI?

If you are in "New Look" land HELL and want to go back to Classic, like Rock 'n Roll, scroll to the very bottom and find the classic link.
Last edited by waynemia; Feb 02, 2012 at 12:29 PM.
Old Feb 02, 2012, 12:25 PM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,434 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
Anyone know where the setting is to go back to the old UI?

If you are in "New Look" land and want to go back to Classic, like Rock 'n Roll, scroll to the very bottom and find the classic link.
Did you answer your own question, or am I missing something?
SnowDog1974 is offline Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Old Feb 02, 2012, 12:26 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974 View Post
Did you answer your own question, or am I missing something?
Yea, Mike, I found the LIGHT!
Old Feb 02, 2012, 12:28 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Roman View Post
Afraid

Its on my other Comp. Ill dig it out tommorrow.
OH! That is gruesome.
Old Feb 02, 2012, 12:28 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,935 Posts
Let your light so shine ...
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater