HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 31, 2012, 09:27 AM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
waynemia's Avatar
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,148 Posts
You can get a senior ARF though

http://www.hobby-lobby.com/ready_bui...33841_prd1.htm



And a >sigh< electric senior arf
http://www.hobby-lobby.com/senior_te...34837_prd1.htm

waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2012, 09:31 AM
Registered User
SnowDog1974's Avatar
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,121 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
atta boy woda, I know how hard it was for you to post that electric arf!

Looking at the specs for that plane, it shows a .61 for glow power....that might be a good fit for my Magnum .91 four stroke...?
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2012, 10:05 AM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
waynemia's Avatar
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974 View Post
atta boy woda, I know how hard it was for you to post that electric arf!

Looking at the specs for that plane, it shows a .61 for glow power....that might be a good fit for my Magnum .91 four stroke...?
A .91FS should be fine
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2012, 10:22 AM
3d NOOBular
3DNater's Avatar
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,635 Posts
My motor came in for the 48 edge. It looks pretty sweet. 570 watt motor from headsuprc.com. I'm starting to really like that shop. The motor looks great. I hope it's as impressive in the air.
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2012, 11:16 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
Waldopepperaxe's Avatar
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,528 Posts
Howdy all
man miss a few days and you have to read a novel to know whats going on lol I like it. Just finished painting the Living room and Master Bedroom so now just the master bath and basement to go put a new gargae door on and the house is back on the market, were steaming now I just want to get to my L-19 and Ultimate Bipe build

Cool Brathanke I hope it performs well also.

I don't have plans for a Telemaster Sorry

Hey Kerwin50 Get that MX Shined up now that your full on Chicken sorry to hear of the Mishap

Man stories of crashes and exploding T_ _ _ Ts is tough to read but fun sorry for the losses gents just glue em back together or take the Tweplica plans and refabricate the parts you need Easy peasy

Wayne LOL The only Glow engine I ever lost the Crank on was the the ST2300 and it snapped in mid flight and flew my $40.00 spinner off somehwere I did find it though. I think I have EVERY fuel engine I've ever had of course a couple turned into part replacement engines

Billd Sweet covering job you are doing awesome, and that 21st century Coverite is now my favorite, it used to be monocote until they changed something, but it doesn't apply like it used to for sure. I was never really a fan of Ultracote when it came out either, My all time fav is Silk and dope covering but until I build a workshop in the garage I think I'll keep peace in the house with the wife and not let her have to smell those fumes LOL

Anyone going to the WRAM show in the meadowlands this year?
Waldopepperaxe is online now Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2012, 02:55 PM
Registered User
billd76's Avatar
United States, PA, Nottingham
Joined Aug 2009
503 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
Howdy all
man miss a few days and you have to read a novel to know whats going on lol I like it. Just finished painting the Living room and Master Bedroom so now just the master bath and basement to go put a new gargae door on and the house is back on the market, were steaming now I just want to get to my L-19 and Ultimate Bipe build

Cool Brathanke I hope it performs well also.

I don't have plans for a Telemaster Sorry

Hey Kerwin50 Get that MX Shined up now that your full on Chicken sorry to hear of the Mishap

Man stories of crashes and exploding T_ _ _ Ts is tough to read but fun sorry for the losses gents just glue em back together or take the Tweplica plans and refabricate the parts you need Easy peasy

Wayne LOL The only Glow engine I ever lost the Crank on was the the ST2300 and it snapped in mid flight and flew my $40.00 spinner off somehwere I did find it though. I think I have EVERY fuel engine I've ever had of course a couple turned into part replacement engines

Billd Sweet covering job you are doing awesome, and that 21st century Coverite is now my favorite, it used to be monocote until they changed something, but it doesn't apply like it used to for sure. I was never really a fan of Ultracote when it came out either, My all time fav is Silk and dope covering but until I build a workshop in the garage I think I'll keep peace in the house with the wife and not let her have to smell those fumes LOL

Anyone going to the WRAM show in the meadowlands this year?
Thanks, I love the coverite. Sticks like glue without alot of heat and once you shrink it with a heat gun, it REALLY sticks! Never tried silk and dope. This is only my second covering job ever. First was Ultracoat on my Hangar nine Easy II trainer. It turned out great. Will try and find some pics to post, it was alot easier with the square fuse, than the rounded fuse of the 19.
billd76 is offline Find More Posts by billd76
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2012, 03:35 PM
Unregistered User
Kerwin49's Avatar
United States, MO, Winston
Joined Jan 2011
755 Posts
This is my Telemaster complete with a hidden bomb bay!
This is what I'm going to use when I drop heavy objects on the other Kerwin.
Kerwin49 is online now Find More Posts by Kerwin49
Last edited by Kerwin49; Jan 31, 2012 at 04:01 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2012, 03:37 PM
Registered User
SnowDog1974's Avatar
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,121 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerwin49 View Post
This is my Telemaster complete with a hidden bombay!
This is what I'm going to use when I drop heavy objects on the other Kerwin.
K49 that's awesome...we want videos of you dropping stuff from the bomb bay!

What size four stroke do you have on there?
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2012, 03:58 PM
Unregistered User
Kerwin49's Avatar
United States, MO, Winston
Joined Jan 2011
755 Posts
thanks Snow! It has an 80 Golden Knight saito! It won't hang on the prop but it flies real nice. I try to get a video of the assault on Kerwin50!
Kerwin49 is online now Find More Posts by Kerwin49
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2012, 04:12 PM
3d NOOBular
3DNater's Avatar
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,635 Posts
Any chance you can drop some jello? Even better... maybe some glow fuel
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2012, 04:58 PM
Unregistered User
Kerwin49's Avatar
United States, MO, Winston
Joined Jan 2011
755 Posts
I like the glow fuel idea> if he is flying a foam electric, and I fly over his plane, drop a load of fuel on his plane, it would dissolve in flight. He would think he's flying Wonder Womans invisible jet.....
Kerwin49 is online now Find More Posts by Kerwin49
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2012, 06:45 PM
Registered User
kerwin50's Avatar
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,460 Posts
O No K49 your killin me
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2012, 07:38 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
Dad_Roman's Avatar
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerwin49 View Post
I like the glow fuel idea> if he is flying a foam electric, and I fly over his plane, drop a load of fuel on his plane, it would dissolve in flight. He would think he's flying Wonder Womans invisible jet.....
I just had a hilarious visual
Dad_Roman is offline Find More Posts by Dad_Roman
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2012, 07:41 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
Dad_Roman's Avatar
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,199 Posts
So Tele ARF's are all available and they are not cutting kits anymore apparently.

Time to contact the custom cutter

1 Sr in the garage. 1 Sr in LA waiting to be picked up. ....and Glen in Beaumont posts up one for sale

I dont think I need three....do you???

Can you say "Hoarders?"
Dad_Roman is offline Find More Posts by Dad_Roman
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2012, 07:55 PM
Hardrock Miner
jacklegchris's Avatar
Livingston, MT
Joined Jun 2006
752 Posts
They definitely are good flying planes. I built a yellow arf for a buddy of mine. He flew it quite a bit till a dumb thumb. I told him it really don't look that bad as most of the breaks were just popped glue joints. He's not much of a builder and planning on moving so he just gave it to me. I've got a nib Magnum 70 FS do you think it will be enough? He wouldn't give me the Magnum .91 FS that was in it. Might sell it to me though.
jacklegchris is offline Find More Posts by jacklegchris
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion New Club Thread - Northern Beaches Soaring Club Psionic001 Australia 5 Feb 24, 2011 08:19 PM
Help! Tower SUper Saver Club la528it Hot Online Deals 9 Jan 10, 2010 05:48 PM
Discussion San Francisco Model Yacht Club's multi-club Swap Meet craig_c Dock Talk 17 Oct 13, 2009 02:28 AM