HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 21, 2012, 01:18 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,615 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbruner View Post
Glad I found this group. I have a T___T 60. It was my second plane. ..............
So anyway, my T___T 60 has an OS 61FX, APC 14-4W, over 400 flights, and only one repair to the landing gear. She's in great shape, and it seems a shame to retire her, so what do you all suggest?..........
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
I had an OS 91FX and a Macs Muffler. That is very good power. I have a JBA-15 on it now. I think a 20 would be hard to balance. A 1.0 four stroke to 1.25 would be nice as well.
Welcome Rob.

Wayne ran a 91FX on his. I run a 91FS on mine. Great power but I wouldnt want anything smaller (IE:the 61)

Of course from there the sky's the limit
Dad_Roman is online now Find More Posts by Dad_Roman
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 21, 2012, 01:25 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rccardude04 View Post
Is anyone still following this thread?

http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=69688

It just gets better by the day. Worth catching up on.

-Eric
its like having a battle of the wits with an un armed man.....
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Jan 21, 2012, 01:25 PM
Wichita, Ks
Joined Jun 2005
1,986 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacklegchris View Post
Yeah, I'm watching the ignorance. Reminds me that my life is ok. Kinda like watching Jerry Springer LOL.
lol

-Eric
rccardude04 is offline Find More Posts by rccardude04
Old Jan 21, 2012, 01:26 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,255 Posts
Quote:
Yeah, I'm watching the ignorance. Reminds me that my life is ok. Kinda like watching Jerry Springer LOL.
I am not sure springer would pick this up... And he filmed 5 houses from us in Illinois... We know his limits and were moved shortly after.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 01:30 PM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rccardude04 View Post
Is anyone still following this thread?

http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=69688

It just gets better by the day. Worth catching up on.

-Eric
Quote:
I gave up on that thread a few weeks ago...but now since it was mentioned I had to go back and catch up. Thanks for helping me waste another 30 minutes of my life but I do have to admit the interchange between "Black Bird" and "The KM" was priceless and perhaps worth the time reading. Being the voyeuristic goofball that I am, I'm going to resubscribe to that thread...just for the entertainment value. I just don't want to miss the maiden video of that airframe!
SnowDog1974 is offline Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Old Jan 21, 2012, 01:32 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974 View Post
I gave up on that thread a few weeks ago...but now since it was mentioned I had to go back and catch up. Thanks for helping me waste another 30 minutes of my life but I do have to admit the interchange between "Black Bird" and "The KM" was priceless and perhaps worth the time reading. Being the voyeuristic goofball that I am, I'm going to resubscribe to that thread...just for the entertainment value. I just don't want to miss the maiden video of that airframe!
I am thinking it could be a wild event, if we could only make sure there is video coverage....not edited, tainted, or glossed over with BB commentary.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 01:34 PM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
I am thinking it could be a wild event, if we could only make sure there is video coverage....not edited, tainted, or glossed over with BB commentary.
I have to admit...the entertainment value of that thread is...well...priceless!
SnowDog1974 is offline Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Old Jan 21, 2012, 01:53 PM
Hardrock Miner
Livingston, MT
Joined Jun 2006
752 Posts
I'm curious about the maiden as well. The rest.... just purely entertainment.
jacklegchris is offline Find More Posts by jacklegchris
Old Jan 21, 2012, 03:22 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,255 Posts
Lets take a vote.... How many of us use CA to install Dubro Nylon Pinned hinges in a balsa plane? I have 2 packs of the even smaller ones and they call for Epoxy.
Last edited by DaOldGuy; Jan 21, 2012 at 03:29 PM.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 03:23 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,006 Posts
I used CA on my first 40 size plane. Since then I've only had CA hinges.
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Jan 21, 2012, 03:48 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
Lets take a vote.... How many of us use CA to install Dubro Nylon Pinned hinges in a balsa plane? I have 2 packs of the even smaller ones and they call for Epoxy.
I have not used those hinges since about 1976. We did not have CA and we did not use epoxy. The glue was Ambroid. A little on the edge of the hinge and install. We also put pins through and clipped them below the surface. We had nice aluminum syringe looking applicators we put the glue in.

I think Gorilla glue would be best now. That stuff sticks to anything, including pins.

waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Jan 21, 2012, 04:26 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,615 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
I used CA on my first 40 size plane. Since then I've only had CA hinges.
Yea, I admit it, me too

I think I was 19
Dad_Roman is online now Find More Posts by Dad_Roman
Old Jan 21, 2012, 04:40 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,006 Posts
I joined RCG on August 16, 2010. I had only been flying for maybe 2 months prior to that so that means I've been flying for only about 1.5 years (rounding to the nearest half year). Wow I've learned lot since then
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Jan 21, 2012, 04:46 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
I joined RCG on August 16, 2010. I had only been flying for maybe 2 months prior to that so that means I've been flying for only about 1.5 years (rounding to the nearest half year). Wow I've learned lot since then
Just passed my 4th year in Dec...still learnin
Old Jan 21, 2012, 05:05 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,533 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbruner View Post
Glad I found this group. I have a T___T 60. It was my second plane. I've just started 3D, and am currently flying a ProX260. I've had a love/hate relationship with my T___T. Likely because I moved up too quickly from my Avistar (dumb-thumbed inverted after 150 flights...RIP) So anyway, my T___T 60 has an OS 61FX, APC 14-4W, over 400 flights, and only one repair to the landing gear. She's in great shape, and it seems a shame to retire her, so what do you all suggest? I've been thinking DLE 20...maybe that could revive her. She's always been a little under powered, but what can I say, I was a beginner.
My OS 61FX seems to run the best on an APC 13/4W, though another guy, Plowboy got the best thrust from a 12/7 scimatar.
I have the 61 on a 40 size twist and I think a 91 FX would be perfect for the 60 size.

While winter temps have hit us this week, we've missed out on the snow, But tomorrow we may well be back into late fall temps once again. So I hope to get some flying in.
Though the twist still sits Idle, You see the last time I was in the city my wife was in one of those moods and when I asked about dropping by the hobby shop to pick up a prop. She replied O I got a headache I want to go home. Then she went on about how she thought it was the smell of gasoline that morning that gave it to her. So leaving well enough alone I drove home Propless.

Owell the MX is ready and I only hope is for it not to be windy and/or rainy.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50