Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 22, 2010, 03:34 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
Well I ve done some more testing on my little cub today an I sure could use some help from some of you electric guys.
Problem is that 1/2 the time the electric motor won't spin up.
It will spit an spatter for a second an then go dead.
it's a 400 outrunner an when it does spin up it delivers between 17 an 21 oz's of static thrust but if you shut it down where the prop isn't spinning then it's a 50/50 chance of it spinning up.
I removed the prop an prop assembly an the motor spins up every time.
I guess it goes to show you that these combo packages are kinda bs
I would of bought this little cub anyways even if it didn't come with a brushless bec ause I've been lookiong for a little cub with a 40" wing span or so. I have a little park right behind the apt that I'm hoping to fly in as soon as I get her flying
Kerwin, how are you doing a static test anyway? I am serious and just curious.

Now that that is out of the way. I don't know what your setup is. Some ESCs will not start if they think something is blocking the prop. That may be a problem, especially if the prop is a little too large. Your ESC may be programmable. If it is, you may need to change it for a soft startup. This can let the motor spin up the prop a little easier. There may also be a timing adjustment. You can try changing the timing settings to see if it responds better. The assumption is the battery is properly charged.

Hope that helps. I can look up the ESC if you tell me what it is.

Wayne
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2010, 04:14 PM
Newbee AMA # 912488
USA, FL, Pembroke Pines
Joined Sep 2008
123 Posts
Kerwin,

You probably have an iffy ESC. I had the same sutuation and replacing the ESC corrected it. What amperage is that ESC?

-Eddie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
Well I ve done some more testing on my little cub today an I sure could use some help from some of you electric guys.
Problem is that 1/2 the time the electric motor won't spin up.
It will spit an spatter for a second an then go dead.
it's a 400 outrunner an when it does spin up it delivers between 17 an 21 oz's of static thrust but if you shut it down where the prop isn't spinning then it's a 50/50 chance of it spinning up.
I removed the prop an prop assembly an the motor spins up every time.
I guess it goes to show you that these combo packages are kinda bs
I would of bought this little cub anyways even if it didn't come with a brushless bec ause I've been lookiong for a little cub with a 40" wing span or so. I have a little park right behind the apt that I'm hoping to fly in as soon as I get her flying
Crazy Eddie is offline Find More Posts by Crazy Eddie
Last edited by Crazy Eddie; Jan 22, 2010 at 04:20 PM.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 04:16 PM
Newbee AMA # 912488
USA, FL, Pembroke Pines
Joined Sep 2008
123 Posts
You Guys Kill me!

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!

-Eddie

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Thanks for the fixadent tip........I'll pass it on to Plowmaster....cause when his jaw hits the floor.......he'll be needing it! Oh, I almost forgot.......when his T_ _ _ T hits the ground........he's going to need a lit match to clean up the site!
Crazy Eddie is offline Find More Posts by Crazy Eddie
Last edited by Crazy Eddie; Jan 22, 2010 at 04:25 PM.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 04:35 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacklegchris View Post
I too followed that DLE-30 thread for a while but it just got to where I couldn't take it anymore so I deleted my subscription. I'm just waiting for Plow to post his hardman video .

Thats so funny! How did you know I was thinking about doing one? I just can't bring myself to wear pink!! You go first!!

init, I hear ya! Whats the point of these .12 second servos when my reflexes are nowhere near that quick?

Kerwin, it sure is good to have you back man!

Abdominal doughman, Its a CRAWFISH!! And for your info I'm only 270LBS!! lol
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Jan 22, 2010, 05:31 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
4,954 Posts
Well, I've got you beat there too! 320! That's post-holidays weight........come August.........I'll be back around your svelt weight class.
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old Jan 22, 2010, 06:07 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2008
2,937 Posts
Wow ! , , , just Wow !!! Im on the other end of the scale - 6 feet tall and only 140 pounds ! The wind from a decent 4 stroke could blow me over ! Let me tell you its not all fun and games being a walking toothpick - People always asking "are you sick ??? Is there something wrong with you???" Or my favorite "dont ya eat enough???" People say the darndest things to skinny people that they would never say to someone who is heavy . One things for sure , If your TOO fat , skinny , old , ugly , or just plain different , people think its their duty to point out how different you are !
init4fun is offline Find More Posts by init4fun
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 22, 2010, 06:12 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by init4fun View Post
Wow ! , , , just Wow !!! Im on the other end of the scale - 6 feet tall and only 140 pounds ! The wind from a decent 4 stroke could blow me over ! Let me tell you its not all fun and games being a walking toothpick - People always asking "are you sick ??? Is there something wrong with you???" Or my favorite "dont ya eat enough???" People say the darndest things to skinny people that they would never say to someone who is heavy . One things for sure , If your TOO fat , skinny , old , ugly , or just plain different , people think its their duty to point out how different you are !
Gosh, I wish I had that problem. You can probably eat Oatmeal Rasin cookies all the time and not gain weight. I would not mind trying it for a while.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 06:21 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2008
2,937 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
Gosh, I wish I had that problem. You can probably eat Oatmeal Rasin cookies all the time and not gain weight. I would not mind trying it for a while.
My Friend being the way I am I can eat everything I want , That is one definate plus about being too skinny . one of my buddys had to have the stomach operation where they make the actual stomach smaller ; he went from 420 pounds down to 250 pounds and may actually live beyond his 50s now . Sad to see the battles people have with their weight and health - it seems if its fun , or tastes good , its bad for ya . I truly wish the best of luck to anyone fighting the weight battle
Old Jan 22, 2010, 06:43 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,224 Posts
Yea, the world has an aversion for deviation from the percieved norm.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 07:24 PM
FLY ANGRY
United States, IL, Roscoe
Joined Jul 2008
4,971 Posts
Init, I feel ya bro, Im 5'8 140 soakin wet. I eat all the time and have been know to consume mass quantities of beverages from time to time, Ok every day, but never gain any weight. I have tried but its to no avail. Been the same weight since freshman year of HSchool. And you are right, people dont think before they speak sometimes. "We need to fatten you up" "you sick?" "No wonder youre cold, you have no fat on ya" Skinny, Scrawny, Little, Small, "Look at the size of you, no wonder" Yea it all gets old.
But anyways, Ho-down a comin huh? I just may have to get a piece of the action when the weather breaks also. Ive been itchin to get in but I was kind of waiting to see some of y'alls cards first. But......it appears that none of you have much of a hand to play, so, Im gonna have to show you how to roll fixxin style. .
FIXXIN2FLY is offline Find More Posts by FIXXIN2FLY
Last edited by FIXXIN2FLY; Jan 22, 2010 at 08:03 PM.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 07:38 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2008
2,937 Posts
Im really looking forward to seeing all the flying videos ! Even though I own a T _ _ _ T , Im just very happy to be able to get any plane up and down again in one piece ! That plane knows how to fly way better than I can fly it , thats for sure ! If I ever get good enough to "prophang" one 6" off the ground Ill be sure to come here and post video
Old Jan 22, 2010, 08:41 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
4,954 Posts
Looky here........Fixxin' is laying down some smack of his own! Hope ya got a thick hide.....you're bound to get a few chunks taken outa ya! Oh, be forewarned... the banter that goes on here has been know to raise the blood pressure to intolerable highs......as evidenced by a certain (and recent )thread termination. We're just funnin around here! Don't let your panties get all ruffled by the use of Caps.........LIKE THIS, either!
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old Jan 22, 2010, 08:45 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,060 Posts
Quote:
Looky here........Fixxin' is laying down some smack of his own! Hope ya got a thick hide.....you're bound to get a few chunks taken outa ya! Oh, be forewarned... the banter that goes on here has been know to raise the blood pressure to intolerable highs......as evidenced by a certain (and recent )thread termination. We're just funnin around here! Don't let your panties get all ruffled by the use of Caps.........LIKE THIS, either!
But we wanna see more "Schmack" and less "Crack"
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Jan 22, 2010, 08:54 PM
FLY ANGRY
United States, IL, Roscoe
Joined Jul 2008
4,971 Posts
Quote:
Thick hide is my middle name biaaaaatches. I can take it, give me a full serving Snowman. I wont dish it out if Im not capable of taking it right back. AND I will go down in flames before "not showing up behind the playground after school".
FIXXIN2FLY is offline Find More Posts by FIXXIN2FLY
Old Jan 22, 2010, 09:08 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by init4fun View Post
If I ever get good enough to "prophang" one 6" off the ground Ill be sure to come here and post video
ME TOO!! LOL

FIXXIN(thick hide)2FLY!! Alright dude! Way to sack up! Too bad yer goin' down like a narc at a biker rally!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966