SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Dec 14, 2011, 11:52 AM
BANG IT!!!
DaOldGuy's Avatar
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancoisStevens View Post
Can someone please post me a photo of the Twist 60, taken from the side. I crashed mine and would like to rebuild it. A picture would do fine, I like the challenge.
We can do you one better, here is a link to the planes for the Tweplica that you can use for visual reference for your Twist 60.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1152519
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 14, 2011, 12:53 PM
Registered User
billd76's Avatar
United States, PA, Nottingham
Joined Aug 2009
506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancoisStevens View Post
Can someone please post me a photo of the Twist 60, taken from the side. I crashed mine and would like to rebuild it. A picture would do fine, I like the challenge.
Attached a couple more pics, sure doesn't look this good now. But plan on recovering mine before the end of the year.
billd76 is offline Find More Posts by billd76
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2011, 01:03 PM
Registered User
kerwin50's Avatar
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Bill what is the distance from the rear of the fuse to the rear of the wing saddle and the distance of the rear of the fuse to the firewall?
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2011, 02:11 PM
3d NOOBular
3DNater's Avatar
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,200 Posts
Well guys... I just found out that my job is ending at the end of the month. Our bank was purchased through a forced sale by the FDIC on Nov 4th. The bank that purchased us has just decided not to keep a branch here. A credit union is buying the building and will be here to interview us all at 1:00. My prospects don't look very good (in my eyes) due to my school schedule and the fact that I finish my bachelor's degree in about 4 months. I could only give the credit union about 8 months if they are lucky. Who knows, this could be a blessing. It was really a struggle for me to keep up with my school work this semester so not having a job might give me a nice boost to my GPA for my last semester.
3DNater is offline Find More Posts by 3DNater
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2011, 02:51 PM
Registered User
SnowDog1974's Avatar
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
Well guys... I just found out that my job is ending at the end of the month. Our bank was purchased through a forced sale by the FDIC on Nov 4th. The bank that purchased us has just decided not to keep a branch here. A credit union is buying the building and will be here to interview us all at 1:00. My prospects don't look very good (in my eyes) due to my school schedule and the fact that I finish my bachelor's degree in about 4 months. I could only give the credit union about 8 months if they are lucky. Who knows, this could be a blessing. It was really a struggle for me to keep up with my school work this semester so not having a job might give me a nice boost to my GPA for my last semester.
wow talk about your last minute notice...that doesn't give people alot of time to deal with this change... sorry to hear about this.
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2011, 02:52 PM
3d NOOBular
3DNater's Avatar
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974 View Post
wow talk about your last minute notice...that doesn't give people alot of time to deal with this change... sorry to hear about this.
Ya... honestly I'm the lucky one at our branch. I have some money in the bank and good prospects after I graduate. Some of the people here don't have any options and their spouses are unemployed or have sketchy employment.
3DNater is offline Find More Posts by 3DNater
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2011, 03:58 PM
Registered User
billd76's Avatar
United States, PA, Nottingham
Joined Aug 2009
506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
Bill what is the distance from the rear of the fuse to the rear of the wing saddle and the distance of the rear of the fuse to the firewall?
Will measure it when I get home for you.
billd76 is offline Find More Posts by billd76
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2011, 04:23 PM
Registered User
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
Ya... honestly I'm the lucky one at our branch. I have some money in the bank and good prospects after I graduate. Some of the people here don't have any options and their spouses are unemployed or have sketchy employment.
That is a bummer
CRFan1 is offline Find More Posts by CRFan1
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2011, 05:42 PM
Registered User
South Africa, FS, Northern Free State
Joined Mar 2011
12 Posts
Thanks everyone for those photos, the will be extremely helpful. I will post the DXF files as soon as I have finished with them. I'm gonna call it the twinix, because like the phoenix it too will rise from the ashes of its predecessor, new and improved
FrancoisStevens is offline Find More Posts by FrancoisStevens
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2011, 07:08 AM
Registered User
billd76's Avatar
United States, PA, Nottingham
Joined Aug 2009
506 Posts
Newest addition

to the Billd airforce. I'm using Hitec HS-485 HB's servo's for all but the throttle. They are ball bearing Karbonite gear with 66 oz of torque. Powered with an OS 55 AX spinning a 13 X 4 APC
billd76 is offline Find More Posts by billd76
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2011, 08:33 AM
BANG IT!!!
DaOldGuy's Avatar
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billd76 View Post
to the Billd airforce. I'm using Hitec HS-485 HB's servo's for all but the throttle. They are ball bearing Karbonite gear with 66 oz of torque. Powered with an OS 55 AX spinning a 13 X 4 APC
Fricken Sweet! I can see that one gettin banged about a bit!
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2011, 08:41 AM
Registered User
billd76's Avatar
United States, PA, Nottingham
Joined Aug 2009
506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
Fricken Sweet! I can see that one gettin banged about a bit!
Yeah it should be fun. I got it NIB, It is a morris hobbies Su do Khoi, Morris went out of business in 08 ( I believe it was). I had the balsa Nova .40 made by them. Ended up selling in back to the guy I bought it from. Only had a 46LA on it and it flew fantastic. This one should be a BLAST!!!!!! with the 55 AX!
billd76 is offline Find More Posts by billd76
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2011, 09:50 AM
Registered User
SnowDog1974's Avatar
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billd76 View Post
Yeah it should be fun. I got it NIB, It is a morris hobbies Su do Khoi, Morris went out of business in 08 ( I believe it was). I had the balsa Nova .40 made by them. Ended up selling in back to the guy I bought it from. Only had a 46LA on it and it flew fantastic. This one should be a BLAST!!!!!! with the 55 AX!
Looks great Bill! Maybe we can see some in-flight photos or video?
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2011, 10:14 AM
Registered User
kerwin50's Avatar
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Guys REALLY just how does one shop with his wife.
Yesterday i went with my wife, for what she calls a little retail therapy.
And I watched as everytime she picked up somthing. Thinking OMG there goes some more airplane money.
Just when we get aheld just alittle scrimping and scraping. I start dreaming of my next plane. What happens? My wife goes shopping.
For what she spent in towels and wash cloths, I could of went to value hobby and bought servos, batteries, and a ESC for a 34 inch 3DHS Edge.
Now if any of you guys have got your wife trained that airplane money comes first, please respond. I sure I'm not the only guy that suffers from this crisis.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2011, 10:18 AM
3d NOOBular
3DNater's Avatar
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,200 Posts
Shopping Therapy lol... That's what you should call it when you are buying servos, batteries, and esc's Then the next time you need therapy you pick up a fuse...

In all reality, for what I spend on planes I have to keep my mouth shut when my wife wants to buy something. My hobby comes second to family needs. At least she was spending it on a spa treatment
3DNater is offline Find More Posts by 3DNater
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion New Club Thread - Northern Beaches Soaring Club Psionic001 Australia 13 Sep 11, 2014 08:45 AM
Help! Tower SUper Saver Club la528it Hot Online Deals 9 Jan 10, 2010 06:48 PM
Discussion San Francisco Model Yacht Club's multi-club Swap Meet craig_c Dock Talk 17 Oct 13, 2009 03:28 AM