Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 12, 2011, 01:19 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
Ah yes I have to agree that is a sweet video but it is also one of the controversial vids that ultimately got trappy kicked off of RCG. It really raises some questions in terms of fpv and RC with regard to national security and safety. Not a radar we want to show up on.
How did it get him kicked off RCG
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 12, 2011, 08:08 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,859 Posts
It was a spark that set things in motion. He did the rest through his language and arrogance. There are threads on RCG that you can read if you want to. Just search for trappy. I read some of them a while back when I was really interested in fpv (still am just can't server two masters ) I can't remember the substance of a lot of it.
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Oct 12, 2011, 08:11 AM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,351 Posts
Here's a cool site:

http://www.parahawkusa.com/Home.html
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Old Oct 12, 2011, 08:27 AM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Got my sons Extreme Flight 60" Extra EXP in last night......I need to take some pics but it is a thing of beauty!!! Gonna run it on 6s 3300mah's.

Laid it all out and went over the seams with an iron and glued in all the control horns. Gonna finish the wings tonight. This thing is LIGHT and I cannot wait to see it fly

I will get some Pics if I can.....
CRFan1 is offline Find More Posts by CRFan1
Old Oct 12, 2011, 08:44 AM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRFan1 View Post
Got my sons Extreme Flight 60" Extra EXP in last night......I need to take some pics but it is a thing of beauty!!! Gonna run it on 6s 3300mah's.

Laid it all out and went over the seams with an iron and glued in all the control horns. Gonna finish the wings tonight. This thing is LIGHT and I cannot wait to see it fly

I will get some Pics if I can.....
Sounds great...make sure to wear steel-toed shoes when you film him this time! (Did Brendan give you my message? He posted that Twist video on the http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1348435 thread as his first post, so I replied to him )

I'm really jones'n for the 3DHS 59" Slick but I think it's going to have to wait until after the first of the year to be funded. The plane is $300 and the parts will be probably close to the same amount...what did the 60" Extra EXP set you back?

Waiting for a flight report!!

(I was reminiscing over some pictures from earlier this summer...ah..those were the good ol' days before my T__T 60 got twisted.)
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Old Oct 12, 2011, 09:07 AM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschulz View Post
Sounds great...make sure to wear steel-toed shoes when you film him this time! (Did Brendan give you my message? He posted that Twist video on the http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1348435 thread as his first post, so I replied to him )

I'm really jones'n for the 3DHS 59" Slick but I think it's going to have to wait until after the first of the year to be funded. The plane is $300 and the parts will be probably close to the same amount...what did the 60" Extra EXP set you back?

Waiting for a flight report!!

(I was reminiscing over some pictures from earlier this summer...ah..those were the good ol' days before my T__T 60 got twisted.)
LOL...no worries Mike, I already told him he will not be flying this one that low...yet

The Plane/motor/ESC combo was 429. The plane itself is 259. Although I love both EF and 3DHS, I have to say that the EF's are a bit easier to build. They do more of the "little things" for you, like having all of the holes cut out etc. I also love that they are using Carbon fiber rodas on some of the longerons too. Light and strong That being said, I still want a super viper
Old Oct 12, 2011, 10:30 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRFan1 View Post
LOL...no worries Mike, I already told him he will not be flying this one that low...yet

The Plane/motor/ESC combo was 429. The plane itself is 259. Although I love both EF and 3DHS, I have to say that the EF's are a bit easier to build. They do more of the "little things" for you, like having all of the holes cut out etc. I also love that they are using Carbon fiber rodas on some of the longerons too. Light and strong That being said, I still want a super viper
My experience with 3dhs builds vs EF builds was completely opposite. Maybe as both companies mature they are both doing more of the "little things." I started putting together an older 47" yak from EF for a friend and I was very frustrated by the amount of "little things" I had to do compared to my 48" edge. Don't get me wrong, I really like both planes but I believe I said something like, "I probably won't buy and EF plane any time soon because of how much more work it takes to build."

Maybe both of our experiences are a little out of date as to what it takes to build these planes now.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 10:42 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,859 Posts
Friday's forecast says we are going to have a high of 89 deg
Old Oct 12, 2011, 10:54 AM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,037 Posts
Quote:
My experience with 3dhs builds vs EF builds was completely opposite. Maybe as both companies mature they are both doing more of the "little things." I started putting together an older 47" yak from EF for a friend and I was very frustrated by the amount of "little things" I had to do compared to my 48" edge. Don't get me wrong, I really like both planes but I believe I said something like, "I probably won't buy and EF plane any time soon because of how much more work it takes to build."

Maybe both of our experiences are a little out of date as to what it takes to build these planes now.
I rebuilt a EF Extra the got broke in the middle of the fuse, it was easier to fix then a 3DHS but it also seemed easier to break.
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Oct 12, 2011, 10:57 AM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Quote:

Yeah....I think that may be the case. Really, now that I think of it, the one major difference on the EF is that all of the covering holes are pre-cut for the wings, stabs, servos and control horns. From there they are very much the same. Both great airplane makers and my EF Edge flies as well as my slick. I have to say that my 71" Slick is my favorite though...probably due to it being bigger and gas powered though, lol
Old Oct 12, 2011, 10:57 AM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Quote:
Friday's forecast says we are going to have a high of 89 deg
You suck, lol!
Old Oct 12, 2011, 11:23 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,859 Posts
I'm just telling jacklegchris how to dress
Old Oct 12, 2011, 11:58 AM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,224 Posts
Fourtitude tanks coming in today. No plane now to put them in.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Oct 12, 2011, 01:02 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,037 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
Fourtitude tanks coming in today. No plane now to put them in.
Gasser? Watch those felt clunks, there has been some complaints about them crapping up the carb screens.
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Oct 12, 2011, 01:08 PM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
Gasser? Watch those felt clunks, there has been some complaints about them crapping up the carb screens.
Hmmmmm...I am not sure the Fourtitude tank uses a felt clunk?