Old Oct 05, 2011, 12:43 PM
Montana Transplant
United States, OR, Klamath Falls
Joined Aug 2005
1,929 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschulz View Post
dan,
thanks for taking one for the team...we appreciate it...will pictures of us flying in warm calm sunny skies take the chill off? :d
-mike

(i'm probably dooming myself to a very harsh winter by posting these pics, but i couldn't resist)
"heavy sigh"
mt_flyer is offline Find More Posts by mt_flyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2011, 01:15 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,957 Posts
I'll post lots of vids this winter too... if I get enough time away from school to fly at all... just enough to take the edge off... there's always g5.5
3DNater is offline Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Oct 05, 2011, 01:25 PM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Already planning for Ski's on the TT60, lolol
CRFan1 is offline Find More Posts by CRFan1
Old Oct 05, 2011, 01:47 PM
Montana Transplant
Joined Aug 2005
1,929 Posts
Bring it on...
I have a Polaris and a Senorita on floats....

HMMM.... ski's on the Twin Star...??
Old Oct 05, 2011, 03:59 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_flyer View Post
WHAT THE H3LL.... IT'S SNOWING HERE!!!!
I want some!

High 86 today. It was 100 again last week.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Oct 05, 2011, 04:41 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,519 Posts
Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKRRynz8uOA

for those that missed this...
sent to me by my Daughter on her ship
Sept 28, 2011 as she says: "2 idiots cross the landing area with an F18 5 sec from trap, tail hook just misses them, LSO-wave off just in time or they would have been killed."
I'll bet those guys got their in a sling
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Oct 05, 2011, 04:57 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,519 Posts
Well I managed to squeeze in 2 flights beteewn work and my trip to the city. I swear my esc is going to be the death of my little Edge. On the 1st flight I was working on bringing the Edge down in a hairrer from 50 ft down to 10 to 15 ft or so. I did this 3 times and then the motor went to squealing and losing sync at about 15ft. The minute I heard that squeal I let off the elev while chopping the throttle all the way and trying to advance it. No such luck. I pulled elev as soon as she had alittle airspeed but she still hit hard bending the H-LL out of my landing gear.
I thought you'd only have these kinda problems with nitro. I tried the Idle thing with a throttle cut but it sure didn't work.
Still I brave another flight and tried working on my harriers at 35 ft or so but by then the wind was picking up and kept shifting from the south to the west and gusting to 15 mph or so.
O I need to get my twist going again as this hacker/esc really has me very dissappointed.
Old Oct 05, 2011, 05:01 PM
Montana Transplant
Joined Aug 2005
1,929 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
I'll bet those guys got their in a sling
I understand the dreaded words, "REPORT TO THE BRIDGE", were heard through out the ship....
Old Oct 05, 2011, 05:59 PM
Fly now crash later
Canada, ON, Newmarket
Joined Nov 2006
2,245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
I want some!

High 86 today. It was 100 again last week.
I will trade you houses for the winter.
davecrash is offline Find More Posts by davecrash
Old Oct 05, 2011, 06:23 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
I understand the dreaded words, "REPORT TO THE BRIDGE", were heard through out the ship....
I like bridges.
Old Oct 05, 2011, 07:12 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
Again, we want to thanks Dan and his family for coming by our Open Fun Fly, I thought I would share our newsletter with the twisted brothers. When do we get some twisted sister?
Twisted Sister - I Wanna Rock (Official Video) (4 min 34 sec)
Old Oct 05, 2011, 07:17 PM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
LOL...speaking of Twisted....here is a Vid I made tonight outside the house of the 2nd flight of my Twisted Hobbys Extra Slick foamie...the thing is hilarious fun! Don't mind my stupid mistake or bad landing, lol

this thing is all stock except for the carbon bracing I added to the fuse....

Twisted Hobbys Extra Slick (5 min 10 sec)
CRFan1 is offline Find More Posts by CRFan1
Old Oct 05, 2011, 07:18 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,957 Posts
That is really wierd. Have you tried programming the timing? I don't know whether your esc is programmable but lots of people really swear by all the hacker stuff. What motor did you end up with?

Quote:
Well I managed to squeeze in 2 flights beteewn work and my trip to the city. I swear my esc is going to be the death of my little Edge. On the 1st flight I was working on bringing the Edge down in a hairrer from 50 ft down to 10 to 15 ft or so. I did this 3 times and then the motor went to squealing and losing sync at about 15ft. The minute I heard that squeal I let off the elev while chopping the throttle all the way and trying to advance it. No such luck. I pulled elev as soon as she had alittle airspeed but she still hit hard bending the H-LL out of my landing gear.
I thought you'd only have these kinda problems with nitro. I tried the Idle thing with a throttle cut but it sure didn't work.
Still I brave another flight and tried working on my harriers at 35 ft or so but by then the wind was picking up and kept shifting from the south to the west and gusting to 15 mph or so.
O I need to get my twist going again as this hacker/esc really has me very dissappointed.
Old Oct 05, 2011, 09:28 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,519 Posts
Nate I'm using a hacker A30/28S with a hobbywing pentium 40A, and a APC 12/6E prop.
I have my timing set to high. When it was set to low it wouldn't even run. At an Idle it makes a whinning almost a squeal sound, kinda like a bad bearing but yet with out power it rotates very free.
The only time It happens is when I throttle up hard and fast. As long as I slowly advance the throttle there isn't a problem.

Tom great video. Who shot it? It sure looks like you have a nice place to fly it right out side your house. You done some great flying. Your boy better watch out you'll be stealing his huck crown. LOL
Old Oct 05, 2011, 09:46 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Nate I'm using a hacker A30/28S with a hobbywing pentium 40A, and a APC 12/6E prop.
I have my timing set to high. When it was set to low it wouldn't even run. At an Idle it makes a whinning almost a squeal sound, kinda like a bad bearing but yet with out power it rotates very free.
The only time It happens is when I throttle up hard and fast. As long as I slowly advance the throttle there isn't a problem.

Tom great video. Who shot it? It sure looks like you have a nice place to fly it right out side your house. You done some great flying. Your boy better watch out you'll be stealing his huck crown. LOL
Try a smaller prop.