HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 21, 2011, 08:30 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,867 Posts
MT that had to really have a bad feeling to the pilot if his seat broke, I can't even imagine laying buckled into a seat that just left the cockpit area Knowing there is minimal time to get out of it and back on the controls.

Wayne I've been wanting to build the flying witch on a broom since I first saw it, Its on my project list LOL I've seen a few vids or pics of people flying this thing in front of the moon at dusk, and I just have to have one for sure. Just freaking funny as hell to see. I also have the flying lawn mower on my to do list as well.

Outlw Wow you were lucky on that one for sure. and ROTFLOL Yes spending money and lots of it on this hobby has many wives in a tizzy at times, Try giving her a few shoe coupons and send her out to the stores for some shopping, It isn't so bad after that LOL
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 21, 2011, 08:44 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,867 Posts
Oh Yeah here is the other video from this past weekend, warning the Joe beiong a clown video was originally part of this video. we had a blast all day
Thanks for filming Tek as soon as My camera gets running I'll be posting my vids also.

We really are just RedNecks :) (14 min 31 sec)
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Sep 21, 2011, 09:36 AM
USA, NH, Alstead
Joined Oct 2007
4,960 Posts
Hey guys, I look at my RC Groups stuff from two different computers. On one, the topic the comes up is Fuel Aircraft, with the hot topics involving Fuel Aircraft and For Sale involving Fuel Aircraft, which is what I want. On the other computer, the topic is Electric Aircraft. How/where do I change things to get both computers to bring up the same info. Thanks!
u2builder is offline Find More Posts by u2builder
Old Sep 21, 2011, 09:43 AM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_flyer View Post
Interesting theory; I was going to discard it as absurd at first, but the comment on him being strapped into the seat got me thinking...if he was unconscious but strapped in, he probably should still be visible, at least his shoulders, even if his head was hanging down. Maybe there is some validity to this idea that the seat broke?
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Old Sep 21, 2011, 10:32 AM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
Wayne I've been wanting to build the flying witch on a broom since I first saw it, Its on my project list LOL I've seen a few vids or pics of people flying this thing in front of the moon at dusk, and I just have to have one for sure. Just freaking funny as hell to see. I also have the flying lawn mower on my to do list as well.
I don't know where this one came from but it isn't from Flying ThingZ.

I think a Halloween Wig should be put on it. It has a wood frame and thick plastic stapled to it. The body is 2" foam material. The broom handle is a balsa square tube. It has a Thunder Tiger 60 engine on it.

I think it could be redone with a PVC pipe fuse, electric power, and bigger control surfaces. I saw a couple on youtube using a hat as the wing. It looks a lot better than the others. This one does have landing gear. I don't think a hand launch would work.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Sep 21, 2011, 10:41 AM
Prineville Oregon
Joined Jan 2007
282 Posts
here's a flying witch kit Wayne. http://flyingthingz.com/witch-wilga/ I have the flying doghouse waiting to be completed in my shop.
Outlw36 is online now Find More Posts by Outlw36
Old Sep 21, 2011, 11:04 AM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlw36 View Post
here's a flying witch kit Wayne. http://flyingthingz.com/witch-wilga/ I have the flying doghouse waiting to be completed in my shop.
I know about Flying ThingZ. Pretty cool stuff. I have the dog house on my wish list with an electric conversion.

Here is video of this one. I was not filming when the Witch flew into the electric fence and nearly decapitated her.

RC Flying Witch 1 (0 min 39 sec)

RC Flying Witch 2 (0 min 59 sec)
Last edited by waynemia; Sep 21, 2011 at 11:48 AM.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 12:40 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2builder View Post
Hey guys, I look at my RC Groups stuff from two different computers. On one, the topic the comes up is Fuel Aircraft, with the hot topics involving Fuel Aircraft and For Sale involving Fuel Aircraft, which is what I want. On the other computer, the topic is Electric Aircraft. How/where do I change things to get both computers to bring up the same info. Thanks!
If you are using shortcuts, they are set to different URLs.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 02:43 PM
USA, NH, Alstead
Joined Oct 2007
4,960 Posts
Quote:
If you are using shortcuts, they are set to different URLs.
Ah. I am and that makes total sense. Back at home puter now but I am sure you nailed my problem. Thanks!
Old Sep 21, 2011, 02:50 PM
USA, NH, Alstead
Joined Oct 2007
4,960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschulz View Post
Interesting theory; I was going to discard it as absurd at first, but the comment on him being strapped into the seat got me thinking...if he was unconscious but strapped in, he probably should still be visible, at least his shoulders, even if his head was hanging down. Maybe there is some validity to this idea that the seat broke?
I wondered about the pilot not visible when I first saw the photo. Interestin theory. Galloping Ghost takes on new meaning.

I remember years ago when Cessna had a seat problem, skiding back, causing full up elevator before the pilot could let go.

The other thing is why is the tailwheel deployed?
Last edited by u2builder; Sep 21, 2011 at 02:56 PM.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 02:59 PM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,465 Posts
Quote:
I wondered about the pilot not visible when I first saw the photo. Interestin theory. Galloping Ghost takes on new meaning.

I remember years ago when Cessna had a seat problem, skiding back, causing full up elevator before the pilot could let go.
The 3DHS addicts thread has been discussing the issue; this report is BS - the GG did not have a two seat cockpit; there is a bulkhead directly behind the pilot; there is nowhere for him to go. Still, it is a mystery - was he leaning forward and therefor could not be seen at the camera angle, or what? I think other pictures taken when the plane was inverted do show him leaning forward; could he have been leaning forward even while strapped in? There is not enough video footage available for us to be able to discern more facts...just a few skimpy pictures. I'm sure there are better photos and videos available to the NTSB than what we've seen so far.
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Old Sep 21, 2011, 03:03 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,204 Posts
This stuff will go back and forth forever, like this photo that says he is slumped forward.

Like Nascar, is anything in this plane "really" P51?
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Sep 21, 2011, 04:01 PM
USA, NH, Alstead
Joined Oct 2007
4,960 Posts
Welll there was an incident at Reno where another stang lost a trim tab, plane shot up, pilot blacked out, regained consiousness at 9000 feet and landed. Leeward could also have blacked out when plane shot up. Or, Maybe he was trying to bail, unhooked and flopped forward when he went inverted. He did call Mayday I heard. Why would the tailwheel deploy?
Old Sep 21, 2011, 04:22 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,971 Posts
holy smokes... busy busy busy This semester has me dancing a jig Maybe sometime I'll post a vid j/k, you'd all throw up.

Seriously though... no time to fly and it's putting me in a somber mood. Good thing I have this trip this weekend to look forward to or I swear I'd call in sick for work just to fly a couple packs
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Sep 21, 2011, 07:05 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,204 Posts
Quote:
He did call Mayday I heard. Why would the tailwheel deploy?
I heard he radio'd an aileron failure but who knows without a "black box". I guess it could be asked, was the tail wheel up during the race, or did it fail to retract?
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy