HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 20, 2011, 12:14 AM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Come on out and play Shane.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Last edited by waynemia; Sep 20, 2011 at 12:58 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 20, 2011, 01:57 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
Howdy all,

I was going to say the same thing about Mschulzes kid Brendon, Damn Kids LOL he's got great copntrol and is definitelyt a Ho down contender Look out PB where ever you are LOL

And as far as fixing all that in a week MS its very easy when you've done it more than 20 times LOL

Glad daniel and Ron got together sounds like you guys had a great time and Mt got out of there just in time for the Jart attack LOL

Mt will be watching those builds for sure please post the link to them

Well we had a fantastic day of flying Saturday we went to do some Streamer dogfighting but the ground was so damp the streamers wouldn't last after dragging on the ground so we went at it the old fashion way after a few attempts all in all a great day, Vids to follow.

My friend Tek did a vid of me trying to start an Evolution 60 on my Ultra Stick LOL Its great for a laugh so enjoy and we'll get the other flying vids up soon.

http://youtu.be/jwEl7iNMFQ8
Looks like you got here done
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Sep 20, 2011, 02:08 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Well I went flying tonight out at my property, all I had was my pico moth and my brother and a flying buddy with the herr cub showed up.
Once again we flew till dark. Then it was time to work on airplanes.
My brother wanted to take off the magnum 70 we had on it off and put the TT pro 46 that he had on his last PTS mustang on this PTS mustang.
I got a shop out at the property but 1/2 my tools were at the apt.
I had to redrill the fire wall for the pro 46's mount and it took forever to get those blind nut installed.
We were on it from 8 to 11, but of course you gotta count the beer factor also. LOL.
Never did get it finished for him I got to pick up some metric allen bolts when I head to the city wed.

MT you drive safe.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 07:18 AM
USA, NH, Alstead
Joined Oct 2007
4,977 Posts
Quote:
And the list goes on.

This is depressing...
Wayne, That's because you don't have WINTER. In thesse parts a list like that would be a good thing.

It is an impressive amount of things to do, that's for sure,

Kervin, I hear ya about the tools. Never where you need em. Gets me thinking about putting together a proper little tool kit like a lot of the heli guys have.
u2builder is offline Find More Posts by u2builder
Old Sep 20, 2011, 08:39 AM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
Howdy all,

I was going to say the same thing about Mschulzes kid Brendon, Damn Kids LOL he's got great copntrol and is definitelyt a Ho down contender Look out PB where ever you are LOL
LOL That would be my Kid Brendan, hehehe. Although I can certainly give him to Mike for a week or two, lol.

Everybody at the field yells at him to get a girlfriend so he does not come flying anymore, lolol.

On A brighter note, my EF 48" edge airframe should be hear tomorrow for round 2, lol . Have to pick up some servos today and it should go together quick.
CRFan1 is offline Find More Posts by CRFan1
Old Sep 20, 2011, 09:34 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
5,021 Posts
DOH !!! LOL sorry CRfan I knew that LOL Musta been punch drunk or something after working 14 hours yesterday did my regular 8 hour shift and then had to drive for 6 hours to drop off relief supplies.

Kerwin LOL Beer factor and missing tools is not a good mix for getting things done but glad you had a good time and kept at it.

Outlw Yeah that was great LOL I felt like a complete clown.

I hate when tires stop the vehicle MT

Wayne I had to try everything LOL and that is a long list LOL
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Sep 20, 2011, 10:07 AM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,568 Posts
I'd love to claim Brendan as mine if I could also claim I taught him everything he knew about flying but I'd be lying on two counts then! Besides, Tom might send me a bill for his groceries, and I have two teenage boys of my own that keep my grocery bill high enough as it is So I'll let Tom keep Brendan for now, and if he wants to claim that he taught him everything he knows about flying, well, then, that will be his decision.

I've got work piling up with lots of projects right now, so I guess summer's over Takes longer in the morning for the sun to come out and I'm staring into the sun as I drive east to work in the morning. Waiting for my 3DHS 34" EPP Edge 540 to arrive so I can get in some last minute late night front yard flying, and some indoor flying once the snow starts falling. High temp of 50 predicted for the next few days...a bit chilly, but actually good flying weather!
SnowDog1974 is offline Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Old Sep 20, 2011, 10:15 AM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschulz View Post
I'd love to claim Brendan as mine if I could also claim I taught him everything he knew about flying but I'd be lying on two counts then! Besides, Tom might send me a bill for his groceries, and I have two teenage boys of my own that keep my grocery bill high enough as it is So I'll let Tom keep Brendan for now, and if he wants to claim that he taught him everything he knows about flying, well, then, that will be his decision.

I've got work piling up with lots of projects right now, so I guess summer's over Takes longer in the morning for the sun to come out and I'm staring into the sun as I drive east to work in the morning. Waiting for my 3DHS 34" EPP Edge 540 to arrive so I can get in some last minute late night front yard flying, and some indoor flying once the snow starts falling. High temp of 50 predicted for the next few days...a bit chilly, but actually good flying weather!

LOLOL...I can claim that I showed him the basics but, a lot of research and many hours on the sim got him where he is.....assuming he truly doesn't get a girlfriend someday and forget about flying, he is going to be a very accomplished pilot. I am amazed at how quick he is learning quite honestly!

Mike, you will have to let me know about that Edge....I am thinking about getting one in the near future as we may have a line on some indoor flying. We do however fly year round (when weather permits) outside and I am already going to plan on getting a spare set of gear and ski's for the Twist
Old Sep 20, 2011, 11:20 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Now CR if he gets a girlfriend, then you need to tell him he needs to break her in good and proper. IE taking her to the flying field.
Mike those yard birds are great to keep in shape. Right now I've got my pico moth as a yard bird, but for me the buckhuck I'm hoping to be my next yard bird. Otherwise I may have to get me another foamie.

Waldo thanks for helping all those peolpe. It's great to have guys like you out there helping out..

Wayne it sounds like your flying season is just beginning, good luck with all your repairs and upgrades.

Well I'm moving really slow this morning, I've got to go to work this afternoon for a couple of hrs. So I need to down plenty of coffee.

Good Day
Old Sep 20, 2011, 11:53 AM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
Now CR if he gets a girlfriend, then you need to tell him he needs to break her in good and proper. IE taking her to the flying field.

Hehehe...yeah, my friend at the field last Saturday said "if only all that flying impressed the chicks"...... lolololol.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 12:00 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
5,021 Posts
Thanks Kerwin but its really not all that much we are doing or so we don't feel like its nearly enough. we are delivering mostly office type supplies to the new command centers opening up. what really is getting to us though is so many people have lost so much. I know Fema, Semo and the Red Cross are doing quite a bit and running out of money I'm sure, but some of the stories I've been being told in those little towns in the hills has towns people basically kicking them out and are just helping each other at this point. one town actually had a friend of someone in the town come out with his own huge grill and food and started cooking for the people in the entire town as they all had nothing to eat for days and then the Health department showed up and said you can't do this and have to take it down, The towns people approached the health dept guy and basically said shut up and get the hell out, we are starving up here. and nobody is doing anything to help us from your end. they kicked out all of the gov help that came to try and do something as I guess mostly a fly in was done with some top officials they took some pics and left. then a perone working for the Red cross saw one of our trucks drive in and asked if we had their food, (For the red cross worker), our driver saw some military packs for them to eat and said no I don't have any food for you, eat that, and get these people who have nothing something to eat. Anyway Thats the type stories I'm hearing from a few places we've been too. I think thats terrible, But Money is tight everywhere I'm sure so I don't know what the hell is really going on, but things aren't right by a long shot. and in other cases people are overwhelmed by the support of Their close by towns, who are donating so many clothes the shelters are actually donating them to churches because they are just being burried in donations of stuff like that. we have been picking up that stuiff and transporting it to other places in need also. So there is greatness and confusion everywhere right now. But all I can say is I am so proud to be American and no that the average American people are right there when you need them. God bless them all
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Sep 20, 2011, 09:54 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Awesome Waldo.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 10:09 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Weirdest thing I have ever seen fly.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 08:47 AM
Montana Transplant
United States, OR, Klamath Falls
Joined Aug 2005
1,932 Posts
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/09/20...iation-expert/
mt_flyer is offline Find More Posts by mt_flyer
Old Sep 21, 2011, 08:58 AM
Prineville Oregon
Joined Jan 2007
286 Posts
I had a seat do that in a 1964 Bel Air. luckily the engine stalled.

Got a few parts arriving today to finish the sbach and have another engine on the way for the DP Extra. May have to wait a bit to order the servos for it or the wife may blow a gasket lol.
Outlw36 is offline Find More Posts by Outlw36