Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 12, 2011, 04:23 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
This needs a Fuse kit, Cowl, and the LG I can fix. Wings look ok even though the CF tube broke in half in the center of the Fiber tube mid fuse. One wing has a "soft spot" in the sheeting on top behind the LE.

This Spread Rectrum RX is strange. It boots and works even thought the RX light is blinking. If I turn the rx of, turn the tx off, then turn tx on, power RX I get a solid light. if I power cycle the RX, when it comes back up it works but the light blinks.

I am thinking XPS and Extreme Link is looking really good right now
I am told that is normal for Spektrum. If you cycle the receiver it blinks if you don't cycle the transmitter. It seems to work blinking but it blinks all the same.

Quote:
Hey Wayne,

Your thoughts on this temp sensor for the Accucel 6.
It appears to be in Germenglish, but it has some english subs.
What do you want to know? I have three temp sensors and don't use any of them. I guess if you had a failure it would be helpful.

Quote:
I agree. I like a good Dual Conversion DF127
I have definitely seen DF127 receivers fail. I think because they keep getting used after crashes. A lot of them came out of trainers. Impact can destroy any electronics.

I am not impressed with the Spektrum equipment. I have seen a lot more crashes with those than the other equipment. I think that you should use a brownout cap if you are flying a Spektrum receiver. Considering the consequences, they are a bargain. The bigger the better.

I have had no problems with Assan modules on Futaba equipment. I may not have taken this route if Futaba receivers had been cheap enough. I also fly Corona synthesized, dual conversion receivers on 72Mhz. The only failures have been receivers that had been in crashes for other than receiver problems.

My 50cc YAK had a Futaba 319 PCM synthesized receiver with zero issues.

I had to send in a new DX5e for a bad gimbal. Another club member bought a DX8 and had to send it in for updates. It SEEMS there are more recalls on Spektrum than others but maybe that is not a correct perception.

I guess if you are happy with what you have, great. If not, change.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Last edited by waynemia; Sep 12, 2011 at 04:41 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 12, 2011, 04:58 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,504 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_flyer View Post
Now some years ago while working at Allied Signal, they wanted all they're techs to be pilots so they gave away free trainning and cheap rental on thier airplanes.
I brought in a picture of my crashed sig cub and told them no thanks I know what can happen in an accident.
kerwin50 is online now Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Sep 12, 2011, 05:34 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,305 Posts
Okay, no I can officially congratulate Bill Martins for winning the EF1 pylon season! You da man Bill! And you so damn lucky I wasn't there!! Lol
Nice job man, really!
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Sep 12, 2011, 05:41 PM
I Just Want to Hover!
United States, OR, Eugene
Joined Jun 2004
700 Posts
2011 EF-1 Pylon Racing Championship

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
Okay, no I can officially congratulate Bill Martins for winning the EF1 pylon season! You da man Bill! And you so damn lucky I wasn't there!! Lol
Nice job man, really!
Thanks Alan, that was really fun and a lot of work concentrating for 30 heats! Attached is the official newsletter.

Cheers,

Bill
Bill Martins is offline Find More Posts by Bill Martins
Old Sep 12, 2011, 05:44 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,224 Posts
Quote:
Just a little more and you can own an Icon A5. How fun that would be? And you can trailer it.

Old Sep 12, 2011, 05:45 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,875 Posts
I have to admit that looks sweet.
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Sep 12, 2011, 06:29 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,504 Posts
plowboy it's really great to see you posting.
Now where's Waldo
and O yeah Snowman
David are you out there
kerwin50 is online now Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Sep 12, 2011, 06:49 PM
Montana Transplant
United States, OR, Klamath Falls
Joined Aug 2005
1,929 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
Just a little more and you can own an Icon A5. How fun that would be? And you can trailer it.

it's a nice plane... but can it go 260 mph without going straight DOWN? and carry 6 doing it?
but I'm sure it feels better at the fuel pumps...

BTW... where so you mount the trolling motor...
mt_flyer is offline Find More Posts by mt_flyer
Old Sep 12, 2011, 07:17 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,224 Posts
Quote:
it's a nice plane... but can it go 260 mph without going straight DOWN? and carry 6 doing it?
but I'm sure it feels better at the fuel pumps...

BTW... where so you mount the trolling motor...
I thought you wanted a fun plane not a bus.

It is retractable goes between the rear retracts. I plan to build the 70" rc version. It is on the bench now.
Old Sep 12, 2011, 07:30 PM
Montana Transplant
Joined Aug 2005
1,929 Posts
Quote:
I thought you wanted a fun plane not a bus.

It is retractable goes between the rear retracts. I plan to build the 70" rc version. It is on the bench now.
I'll try the RC version first..

We are planning on staying in the PNW now... and not stray too far from home... this would allow fast travel to La and Tx, above most weather and great short field work... and seats for the dogs and grandkids
Old Sep 12, 2011, 07:54 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,224 Posts
Quote:
I'll try the RC version first..

We are planning on staying in the PNW now... and not stray too far from home... this would allow fast travel to La and Tx, above most weather and great short field work... and seats for the dogs and grandkids
Isn't that rear engine a big maintenance deal??

Twice the slice...
RC Cessna sky master fitted with 2 x 90 size four-strokes (3 min 57 sec)
Old Sep 12, 2011, 08:11 PM
Montana Transplant
Joined Aug 2005
1,929 Posts
Quote:
Isn't that rear engine a big maintenance deal??

Twice the slice...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YafdOJzeCw
just don't overheat it and all is good...can't let it idle on the ground for a long time... if your waiting to t/o you shut down rear or you can fast idle front to get needed airflow... usually if you tell the tower they will give you time to restart and warm...

wish they made retracts for the RC version...
Old Sep 12, 2011, 08:17 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,067 Posts
Quote:
I am told that is normal for Spektrum. If you cycle the receiver it blinks if you don't cycle the transmitter. It seems to work blinking but it blinks all the same.

What do you want to know? I have three temp sensors and don't use any of them. I guess if you had a failure it would be helpful.

I have definitely seen DF127 receivers fail. I think because they keep getting used after crashes. A lot of them came out of trainers. Impact can destroy any electronics..
I dont like things that blink unless they are supposed to. Dealing with the Spektrum Boot is worst the bring up a database on a pissed off Microsoft OS. It should not be contrary, just work.

I wanted to make a temp sensor, you electronic tendensies lead me to beilieve if this assembly would work as layed out. Unlike some people, I dont always believe everything since its on the interwebby thing.

Seem 127's do get reused alot after crashes and a few failing nicad packs have done them in too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Martins View Post
Thanks Alan, that was really fun and a lot of work concentrating for 30 heats! Attached is the official newsletter.

Cheers,

Bill
Congrats Bill!
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Sep 12, 2011, 08:43 PM
United States, AL, Branchville
Joined May 2009
656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
Here in Missouri it is closed from just south of rockport all the way to Iowa state line.
It is also closed in parts of Iowa also.

Mike I havn't quite made my mind up on batteries yet. I want her to be as light as possible. I'm thinking about the Gen Ace 1550 but may go with a larger battery
I need it all, Motor, esc, servos, extensions ( the lite ones) and the likes.
I'm really wanting this to be a 3D plane and learn to fly around in a hairrier.
My twist has done some nice harriers but I've never flown it around in a harrier.

I'm trying to talk momma in to moving back out to the property and if I do I'll need to be able to harrier the MX in. That is if she lives that long LOL. The MX I mean.
Right now momma is alittle worried about moving back out there. She likes the security of having all the maintance done for you in an apartment. She was pretty tramatized when I was paralyzed and in a nursing home. Having to take care of me and the up keep of our property. It wouldn't of been as bad if those nurses aids would of taken care of me, but that was a joke.
Hey get a Precision Aerobatics Addiction X
Specifications:
Wingspan - 50 inch
Length 52.4inch
Wing area - 744 sq inch!!
AUW 46 oz. this is what my airplane is with a 2100 65c battery.
Then you can hover land every time .
crazyflyboy30 is offline Find More Posts by crazyflyboy30
Old Sep 12, 2011, 08:59 PM
United States, AL, Branchville
Joined May 2009
656 Posts
Quote:

I have definitely seen DF127 receivers fail. I think because they keep getting used after crashes. A lot of them came out of trainers. Impact can destroy any electronics.

I am not impressed with the Spektrum equipment. I have seen a lot more crashes with those than the other equipment. I think that you should use a brownout cap if you are flying a Spektrum receiver. Considering the consequences, they are a bargain. The bigger the better.

I have had no problems with Assan modules on Futaba equipment. I may not have taken this route if Futaba receivers had been cheap enough. I also fly Corona synthesized, dual conversion receivers on 72Mhz. The only failures have been receivers that had been in crashes for other than receiver problems.

My 50cc YAK had a Futaba 319 PCM synthesized receiver with zero issues.

I had to send in a new DX5e for a bad gimbal. Another club member bought a DX8 and had to send it in for updates. It SEEMS there are more recalls on Spektrum than others but maybe that is not a correct perception.

I guess if you are happy with what you have, great. If not, change.
I have been flying with Futaba starting in 1991 with AM ,to FM/PCM SUPER 8,to 2.4 6,7,now 10CG all with zero issues.I still have all my radios but the FM/PCM SUPER 8 a man sayed he give me $100 for it I sayed ok.
crazyflyboy30 is offline Find More Posts by crazyflyboy30