Old Sep 03, 2011, 01:04 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_flyer View Post
14 days to DOG's flyin....
So Far everything is a GO. I am planning it to be Friday Night through Sunday. We can line the campers up along the flightline, pop out the canopies and fly. I am hoping it is cool out, the AC is still out on our camper.
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 03, 2011, 02:00 PM
I am the Ernie of the midwest!
Joined Jan 2011
954 Posts
Hey other Kerwin! Nice plane! Just wish you could have taken a picture of momma with the plane. I just might have to get an electric also. I just dont understand all that electric lingo stuff. I just buy a battery, plug it in to a motor, strap it on a plane, and gooooooo!
Kerwin49 is online now Find More Posts by Kerwin49
Old Sep 03, 2011, 02:55 PM
Big K...
Vancouver, Washington USA
Joined Jun 2007
89 Posts
Edge 540t

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRFan1 View Post
Well, I maidened the Extreme Flight Edge 540 yesterday and all I can is holy crap that thing is fun!!!!

On high rates it does everything you can imagine but it is such a stable plane for it's size. It is rediculous how it just keeps flying no matter how slow you get, lol. Even did a knife edge loop with it, lol

The combo from EF seems spot on. Right now, I have the timer set at 6 Minutes and after 6 minutes of aggressive flying, the battery comes out slightly warm, and the motor is not too hot to keep your finger on (although it is warm). Hooking the batteries up to the charger generally shows them at 3.82volts per cell - I don't remember how many milliamps though (I am getting old and senile, lol). I could probably go a bit longer on flight time but will stay there for now.

On a side note, I did order a watt meter so I will have dfinites soon enough
What motor and ESC and battery combination do you use in this plane?
My bother just bought this plane, I'm getting interested.
Thanks Big K
kbohna is offline Find More Posts by kbohna
Old Sep 03, 2011, 03:57 PM
Montana Transplant
United States, OR, Klamath Falls
Joined Aug 2005
1,941 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
So Far everything is a GO. I am planning it to be Friday Night through Sunday. We can line the campers up along the flightline, pop out the canopies and fly. I am hoping it is cool out, the AC is still out on our camper.
I'm planning on getting there Fri mid-day... (remember I am 64' long with the truck.)

possible late Thur afternoon (not counting on that, my wife works until 7am Thur morning..)
mt_flyer is offline Find More Posts by mt_flyer
Old Sep 03, 2011, 06:49 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_flyer View Post
I'm planning on getting there Fri mid-day... (remember I am 64' long with the truck.)

possible late Thur afternoon (not counting on that, my wife works until 7am Thur morning..)
No worries. I will get you some information where to park and such. I should already have my camper in place, you can set up next to it. I wont get out there until 6PM Friday.

Airport is making us spring for a porta potty for the weekend, seems thier litter box is getting full and new township regs are starting to get tight.
Old Sep 03, 2011, 08:11 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,316 Posts
No flying pics, but here some of my wife and I in Miami's South Beach. Do yourselves a favor and go! Lots of fun!! Don't know why these pics are rotated.
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Sep 03, 2011, 08:15 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
No flying pics, but here some of my wife and I in Miami's South Beach. Do yourselves a favor and go! Lots of fun!! Don't know why these pics are rotated.
No Wonder he ditched us

Good to see you are in good health and spirits!
Old Sep 03, 2011, 08:16 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,200 Posts
Plow your wife is the better half... sorry buddy That water looks NICE!
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Sep 03, 2011, 09:47 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,200 Posts
you guys with GForce batteries... how fast are you charging them? I can't recall whether or not there was any labeling that suggested how fast you could charge them. I'm charging at 2C with no problems so far but I hope I'm not hurting the packs.
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Sep 03, 2011, 10:29 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
you guys with GForce batteries... how fast are you charging them? I can't recall whether or not there was any labeling that suggested how fast you could charge them. I'm charging at 2C with no problems so far but I hope I'm not hurting the packs.
1 to 2 c is pretty typical. I charge at 1C unless I really need to get it done faster.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Sep 03, 2011, 11:20 PM
Cookies Good - Bacon Better
Portland, Oregon
Joined Sep 2008
1,613 Posts
Hey Plow. Best news this year. Glad you had a good time. Keep it up.
NoMatta is offline Find More Posts by NoMatta
Old Sep 03, 2011, 11:31 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
5,046 Posts
Plow great photos and very good to hear from you yes we can see why ypou don't spend much time with us LOL

Congrats on all the new planes boys glad to hear much fun is going on.

MSchulz yes the catskill area got pummeled for sure, We have already made about 7 trips to cobleskill and windham to bring supplies, we are pretty much going there on a daily basis. the recovery up there is going to take a while, lots of damage.

we are fine where I am thank God, we didn't have anything bad happen at our house. The most I had to deal with was rescuing our boat in the middle of the storm in Saratoga Lake,That was real exciting and kind of fun actually I don't think i want to do it again though LOL
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Sep 03, 2011, 11:38 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Plow great to see your having a good time. Keep it up life is sooo short
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Sep 04, 2011, 09:29 AM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbohna View Post
What motor and ESC and battery combination do you use in this plane?
My bother just bought this plane, I'm getting interested.
Thanks Big K
Using the recommended Torque motor and Airboss 45A ESC from EF...just get the combo package
CRFan1 is offline Find More Posts by CRFan1
Old Sep 04, 2011, 09:30 AM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
I have been charging them at 2C at the field with no issues at all. Usually if I am home and not worried about time, I charge at 1C
CRFan1 is offline Find More Posts by CRFan1