Joined Aug 2005
1,923 Posts
Thanks Chris... your up early... must be going or comming from work
mt_flyer is offline Find More Posts by mt_flyer
Old Aug 30, 2011, 06:14 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,461 Posts
MT I'm glad to see you and the misses are OK.

Sometimes I can't win for loosing. I've done some work for my brother 80 dollars worth and he agreed to buy the 99buckhuck (3DHS 41" Edge). Now I still have alittle more work for him so yesterday when he went to order the plane, he said he'd order the motor also. Well wouldn't you know it they're are only 3 places that carry this plane, one is shut down for a move, one has the plane but no motor and the other has the motor but no plane. If I ordered from 2 places my shipping would be over 40 dollars an I still have servo's, esc and batteries to buy.
I got an old high school friend that is a painter I'm going to try to recruit to paint my brothers deck on his rental property
Guys I can honestly say I get high with alittle help from my friends.

BTW heres the link to my new plane
http://www.3dhobbyshop.com/41-Edge-5...e_p_14908.html
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Aug 30, 2011, 07:46 AM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post

Sometimes I can't win for loosing. I've done some work for my brother 80 dollars worth and he agreed to buy the 99buckhuck (3DHS 41" Edge). Now I still have alittle more work for him so yesterday when he went to order the plane, he said he'd order the motor also. Well wouldn't you know it they're are only 3 places that carry this plane, one is shut down for a move, one has the plane but no motor and the other has the motor but no plane. If I ordered from 2 places my shipping would be over 40 dollars an I still have servo's, esc and batteries to buy.
I got an old high school friend that is a painter I'm going to try to recruit to paint my brothers deck on his rental property

I like that color scheme better than anything else they have.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Last edited by waynemia; Aug 30, 2011 at 07:57 AM.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 08:39 AM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post

Kerwin,
Glad to hear you are getting a 3DHS plane; I know you'll enjoy it immensely! I've got the 46" Vyper (V1) and the workmanship is amazing.
My next plane will be a 59" 3DHS Slick.
Ben and his new shop will be open soon - perhaps next week - if not, you can get a comparable motor from Value Hobby and they have flat rate shipping of $4 - ValueHobby has this motor:
http://www.valuehobby.com/product_de...29&item_id=491

VH also has this ESC:
http://www.valuehobby.com/product_de...=25&item_id=51
which is also a cheaper option. I've got this ESC in my Vyper and it works great, even with a bigger motor (I've got the VH G15 motor).
So you have options. Have fun!
-Mike
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Old Aug 30, 2011, 11:46 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,541 Posts
Great to hear your all ok Mt good news indeed, Hope wherever you are you cvan drive other places. its tough getting around up in these parts right now you head one way thinking you can get somewhere and then you have to turn around and head back to find a new route Ughhhh LOL

Nice looking new toy there kerwin Good luck getting her.

Well I'm off to bring supplies to people in need somewhere they just asked If I would go so see ya's and fly high
Waldopepperaxe is online now Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Aug 30, 2011, 01:47 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,261 Posts
Back from a week in Miami with my wife. South Beach is incredible! We had a blast!

Hope all are well.
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Aug 30, 2011, 02:18 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,650 Posts
and what a week to go!

Oh... hi plow... haven't seen you in a while
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Aug 30, 2011, 03:00 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,461 Posts
Southbeach with your wife, I know you were hucking and flatspining all the way.
Good to hear from you plowboy
Well step one, momma said I need to get our cars lisenced, a vacum cleaner and her a new pair of glasses before I can spend anymore money on planes. I just got back from the DMV, now for step 2 take momma shopping and then the eye doc. O boy
Old Aug 30, 2011, 07:32 PM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,151 Posts
Hosting 5.5

txvette

done
Last edited by waynemia; Aug 30, 2011 at 07:58 PM.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 10:58 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,650 Posts
guys I just putt the watt meter on my 51 slick and I'm pulling around 1100 watts and around 77 amps out of my poor 2200 30c packs. I'm afraid that is going to toast my packs pretty quick. I think I'm going to adjust my throttle end point so it maxes out at around 66 amps where it ought to be for continuous discharge.
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Aug 31, 2011, 05:57 AM
Northwest Indiana
Joined Feb 2011
1,459 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
guys I just putt the watt meter on my 51 slick and I'm pulling around 1100 watts and around 77 amps out of my poor 2200 30c packs. I'm afraid that is going to toast my packs pretty quick. I think I'm going to adjust my throttle end point so it maxes out at around 66 amps where it ought to be for continuous discharge.
Why not change the prop?
CRFan1 is offline Find More Posts by CRFan1
Old Aug 31, 2011, 06:17 AM
Montana Transplant
United States, OR, Klamath Falls
Joined Aug 2005
1,923 Posts
Quote:
change the prop...

where is your week link.... MAX 66A batteries... what are your motor and ESC rated for... more than 66A I hope...

are you also saying that this is the cause of the other 2 LiPo packs puffing?
I had wanted to buy some of those packs untill the issue came up.
mt_flyer is offline Find More Posts by mt_flyer
Old Aug 31, 2011, 07:38 AM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,151 Posts
Quote:
Change the prop...
Old Aug 31, 2011, 07:50 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,461 Posts
guys I spoke to soon about our weather here , we are going to be in the mid 90's for the next 3 days