HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 18, 2010, 08:01 AM
Joined Jan 2010
14 Posts
Discussion
Need Help : Dynam 4Ch I can fly Plane

Hello,

I bought a 4Ch Dynam I can fly RC Plane.

http://www.nitroplanes.com/newdyicanfl4.html

I received my package today. But i have few problems with the plane.
I live in India so I cant ship it back because it will be very costly. I am trying to make adjustments myself. Plz help

1. One of the control horns for the aileron is broken. Does anyone know the size and type of the horns used in this plane or how to determine the size of the horns so that i can buy it here in india.

2. Instead of Elevator, I received a thermocol piece. Can one1 post the closeup pic of the elevator of this plane so that i can try to build it myself. Any suggestions and tips for making the elevator will be appreciated.

3. Does the rudder has two control horns or only one ? It is not clear from the manual but I think that it has two control horns(one at top and another at the bottom) which are interconnected by a rod and the servo is connected to the lower horn by a control rod. Plz correct me if i m wrong.

Plz help

Thank you
Dragoncore is offline Find More Posts by Dragoncore
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2010, 04:06 PM
Joined Dec 2009
64 Posts
Looks like the problems you have are pretty moderate, but are fixable

1. By looking at the pictures, the elevator control horn closley resembles that of a Hobbyzone super cub. I bet you could pass by with one of those.

2. I don't own this model, so the best suggestion I can give you for this is to buy a sheet of hobby foam at your local craft store and use a right-edge and a ruler to draw plans to make one from scratch. on the plans, be sure to make EACH SIDE of the stabilizer about 1 1/4 times the size of the vertical stabalizer and have the same width as the vertical stabalizer. to hinge the elevator, just cut out the back section of the elevator and NEATLY use packing tape to space it about a centimeter apart from the horizontal stabalizer. Put a HZ supercub control horn on it, placed appropriatley of course.

3. Once agian, I don't own the plane, but most all aircrafts have only one control horn connected by one rod.

I hope that solved your problems. Hope it'll fly.
perfectlanding is offline Find More Posts by perfectlanding
Old Jan 18, 2010, 09:31 PM
Joined Dec 2008
293 Posts
dragon can you provide pics of the airplane and missing parts?
My guess is that you purchased the plane from Nitroplanes or one of their affiliates.
http://www.nitroplanes.com/newdyicanfl4.html
the link above should get you some good views of what you are trying to fix.
if you got it from Nitroplanes, I would try emailing or calling them they are pretty good about fixing problems.
according to the pics one horn goes on the right side of the rudder and one horn goes on the bottom of the left side of the elevator.
Anyhow hope you figure it out, if I can help more let me know I will try.
it's kinda funny cause I have a friend that wishes to purchase one of those as a trainer...I keep telling him it is too small, he says it is cheap and he likes the way it looks, go figure.
ONERCBOATER is offline Find More Posts by ONERCBOATER
Old Jan 19, 2010, 02:59 AM
Joined Jan 2010
14 Posts
Thanx.. for the help...

@ onercboater - It isnt very small.... It has a very large wing span and looks quite big to me..... its my first plane thats why may be it looks big to me
Old Jan 19, 2010, 03:10 PM
Joined Jan 2010
14 Posts
Can some1 help me with adjusting the control throws ?

Manual doesnot provide much information about the throws. It say look in the picture (Page 4)
http://www.dynam-rc.com/download/icanfly.pdf

My Tx doesnt have dual rates.

What should be the proper control throw for this plane?

I m a newbie so i would like all the information on adjusting control throws.

I want to fly it straight with controls in neutral position.

Plz help
Last edited by Dragoncore; Jan 19, 2010 at 03:30 PM.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 03:00 PM
Joined Jan 2010
14 Posts
Plz help..someone.... I tried to attach the rod in the middle hole of the horn. I am getting unequal rudder movement. Is this usual or smthng is wrng ? How do i correct it ?
Old May 15, 2010, 12:15 AM
LAKE WALES, FL
Joined Dec 2009
30 Posts
Hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoncore View Post
Plz help..someone.... I tried to attach the rod in the middle hole of the horn. I am getting unequal rudder movement. Is this usual or smthng is wrng ? How do i correct it ?
I could be wrong I don't own the plane yet but plan on buying one in a few weeks but check ur horn on ur servo did u
have to trim to center the servo??? And if u want more throw use the outside holes hope I helped even a little hope u get it up u should bid it maiden
spazzzattak is offline Find More Posts by spazzzattak
Old May 16, 2010, 07:16 PM
AMA #953123
Eugene, ORYGUN
Joined Mar 2009
2,203 Posts
Servos do not always have equal throws. If the servo arm is turned 90 degrees to the rod your controlling with it you have it set right. For a first timer I suggest minimal throws on your surfaces. Thats outer hole on elevator and rudder and inner holes on both servos. If thats not enough you can adjust till it has enough control for you. Too much surface movement is bad for a new flier.
VROOMSTER is offline Find More Posts by VROOMSTER
Old Sep 29, 2010, 02:23 PM
The Netherlands, ZH, Wassenaar
Joined Sep 2010
827 Posts
Start with watching this:
Dynam I Can Fly Build Video part 1 by Jeffery Keith (6 min 37 sec)

thenL
Dynam I Can Fly Build Video Part 2 by Jeffery Keith (5 min 6 sec)

then
Dynam I Can Fly Build Video part 3 by Jeffery Keith (3 min 25 sec)
TheLeabres is offline Find More Posts by TheLeabres
Old Dec 07, 2011, 07:11 PM
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Jul 2011
169 Posts
I bought this as a first 4ch after the Hobbyzone Champ. I was wondering if anyone has this and could tell me how well it flies and if you like it. There's not a lot on the internet about this plane and I want to know how other flyers like it. I'm going to try to maiden her once I get the Dx6i and orange 6ch rx with the satellite.
dabears720 is offline Find More Posts by dabears720
Old Dec 07, 2011, 08:56 PM
Kamikaze Ace
USA, FL, Lakeland
Joined Jan 2010
2,382 Posts
Dragoncor the throw rates are listed right in the manual, page # 9.

Elevator is 12 to 15 mm, each direction from center
Aileron is 15 to 20 mm, each direction from center
Rudder is 12 to 15 mm, each direction from center

Like said go with the lowest amount to start.
Glacier Girl is offline Find More Posts by Glacier Girl