Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 17, 2010, 07:18 PM
United States, CA, Downey
Joined Jun 2005
1,803 Posts
Help!
x-Flight/ A7 Corsair

Anyone have any experience with this model? I am in the process of building mine and was wondering how you handled the wiring under the rudder? there is a lot of wiring back there, 3 motor wires and 2 servo wires. Did you bury them in the foam or cut some of the rudder off or a combo of both? I have burried the servo wires in the side under the fan now I have to figure out what to do now. Thinking about burrying the servo wires and cuttin a little off the rudder bottom for the 3 motor wires. tell me how U handled it. thanks for lookin
Jcopter
Jcopter is offline Find More Posts by Jcopter
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 17, 2010, 07:36 PM
Gravity's a harsh Mistress....
United States, MD, Lusby
Joined Jan 2007
2,801 Posts
There should be a line molded in the foam for the servo wires going up to the rudder slot in the fan molding, and the motor, ESC wires and servo wires get fed to the front in the rudder slot. But there will be some hang down into the intake.
southernmd_man is offline Find More Posts by southernmd_man
Old Jan 17, 2010, 07:57 PM
Joined Jun 2005
1,803 Posts
Are you talking about the rudder slot?
mine does not have any molded slots except for the slot for the rudder, and the rudder will use up all the space and but the problem is that when I do glue the rudder in, there is no place for the wireing also, it will hit the wireing where it goes across the fan housing. this is why I am asking for help
Jcopter
Old Jan 17, 2010, 08:07 PM
United States, MD, Lusby
Joined Jan 2007
2,801 Posts
Yeah, my A7 has a hump molded into the rudder for all the wires. I may have the mark 2 molding. Theres like 3 molding of this plane, 2 from X-Flight and one from J-Power....
Old Jan 17, 2010, 08:19 PM
Joined Jun 2005
1,803 Posts
Ya and I'm quite sure I have the very first version X-flight
I think I will cut some slotts up near the rudder slot and maybe a little off the rudder to clear the motor wires.
Jcopter
Old Jan 17, 2010, 08:36 PM
United States, MD, Lusby
Joined Jan 2007
2,801 Posts
Good luck with her, let us know how it goes. By the way, your in for a treat, it flys on rails and slows to a crawl for landing.
Old Jan 17, 2010, 09:33 PM
Joined Jun 2005
1,803 Posts
I'm workin hard on it, but the more I look at it, man I gota get a lot of wiring in that slot !!! Bit I will "get er done" and most will be tucked out of the air flow except in the ESC area. I have already got the tail servo wiring out of the way, now for the motor wires.... and then get it all together Thanks a bunch
Jcopter
Old Jan 18, 2010, 12:18 AM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Hi Jcopter,

I did exactly what you are thinking; just remove enough foam below the vertical fin area to run your cables forward. Once you have your cable bundle going forward to the area under the wing, use some blobs of hot glue to keep the cables and ESC positioned and tied down before attaching the wing.

I flew my A7 again last weekend and it is one of my favorite electric planes in my fairly substantial hangar! Like others have mentioned, it is SO smooth and solid like it's on rails; it flies much like a pattern plane. Please keep us updated on your progress.

Doubletap
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Old Jan 18, 2010, 01:22 AM
Joined Jun 2005
1,803 Posts
Did I not get it from you?.... I think so, Ya it was you who started this madness, Ha ha Thanks for the great buy I really like this plane I think is is going to fly quite well. Got any Ideas about the best way to attach the wing in case I need to get at the ESC later?
Jcopter
Old Jan 19, 2010, 09:36 PM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcopter View Post
Did I not get it from you?.... I think so, Ya it was you who started this madness, Ha ha Thanks for the great buy I really like this plane I think is is going to fly quite well. Got any Ideas about the best way to attach the wing in case I need to get at the ESC later?
Jcopter
Yup....was me! I just glued my wing on; I guess I would just cut it off where the joints are if I ever need to replace the ESC. You could probably make a bolt on wing setup like the Hobby-Lobby version if you felt the need to access the ESC. Maybe a wood peg in front and nylon bolt in back screwed into a wood block. Git'er done!
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Old Jan 25, 2010, 01:34 AM
Joined Jun 2005
1,803 Posts
Hey Doubletap
Thanks for the help & the plane "I LIKE IT" I raided my GWS left over parts bin and did just like you said I plastic peg into plastic hole in the front and inset 2 square plywood pieces on the back and used 2 plastic bolt pieces and glued to the wing 2 screws into the plywood and presto bolt on wing!!! it is almost done got the canope all dressed up with pilot and extras. looks better every day
Jcopter