HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 17, 2010, 02:21 PM
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Nov 2009
978 Posts
Discussion
Help me make up my mind

OKAY - So I have these 2 warbirds - cheap ones that I have been flying from the horrible ban. hobby - anyways - the main gear for the prop keep popping off - I have gone through 4 of them and Im done - SO I have these decent airframes with poopy electronics - I only paid like 90usd for each of them - SO would you upgrade to brushless even tough these are cheap planes or just let em go? I have 3 other good planes and these 2 look really good but not sure if I want to drop another 40usd to upgrade

let me know what you would do...

Thanks
Shawn
SMCLEODVT is offline Find More Posts by SMCLEODVT
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 17, 2010, 02:38 PM
raz
Sportin my new 'do'
USA, CA, Eureka
Joined Dec 2004
6,234 Posts
It depends on the planes. If you like flying them and if they are in good enough condition (not all bashed up) then upgrade away. You can always use the electronics again later for a different project.
raz is offline Find More Posts by raz
Old Jan 17, 2010, 03:01 PM
WARNING: May contain spam
United States, CA, Alpine
Joined Oct 2007
20,964 Posts
BTW, just put a drop of thin CA onto the gear when it's in position. Shouldn't slide off anymore
Xpress.. is offline Find More Posts by Xpress..
Old Jan 17, 2010, 03:10 PM
Joined Nov 2009
978 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress.. View Post
BTW, just put a drop of thin CA onto the gear when it's in position. Shouldn't slide off anymore
Man - I have tried everything - CA, gorilla glue and it STILL pops off - drives me crazy
Old Jan 18, 2010, 05:12 PM
Joined Dec 2009
64 Posts
If you have an intention of keeping them and flying them for a decent time, I say make the investment to brushless.
perfectlanding is offline Find More Posts by perfectlanding
Old Jan 18, 2010, 07:06 PM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Oct 2008
736 Posts
If you dont want to spend the money now, put them away in their boxes. Guarantee you that you will get bored one day and want to fix them up and try something a little riskier with them rather then destroy your better planes (maybe night flying?). Cheap planes that you arent really attached too make excellent project planes.
Mattvr1ck is offline Find More Posts by Mattvr1ck
Old Jan 18, 2010, 07:26 PM
Joined Nov 2009
978 Posts
very good idea - i decided to do exactly that - set them aside and when im ready to mess with them i will
thanks everyone