SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 17, 2010, 03:00 AM
*GRAVITY* I hate it :(
USA, CA, Downey
Joined Jan 2010
433 Posts
Discussion
Anyone have any experance with the brand BLUE LIPOLY ?

Hi I am wondering if anyone has used the BRAND [BLUE LIPOLY] they make pretty much all sizes voltages and MAH Xhelix sells them & maybe several other hobby shops & dealers.I bought 2 of the Blue Lipo 3-cell 1800 mah 11.1v 3s1p 15c RC Battery.Haven't received them in the mail yet.They are so cheep I am thinking they wont hold up over time.If they even last 6 mo I will be happy.
Sparken57 is offline Find More Posts by Sparken57
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 17, 2010, 03:54 AM
BrainFart RC-Pilot
Echt, Netherlands
Joined Aug 2003
3,112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparken57 View Post
Hi I am wondering if anyone has used the BRAND [BLUE LIPOLY] they make pretty much all sizes voltages and MAH Xhelix sells them & maybe several other hobby shops & dealers.I bought 2 of the Blue Lipo 3-cell 1800 mah 11.1v 3s1p 15c RC Battery.Haven't received them in the mail yet.They are so cheep I am thinking they wont hold up over time.If they even last 6 mo I will be happy.
It could well be that these are very good packs.
I have HC Rhino and they are "very good". Much better then my TP packs which are all in the trash.
So most likely the packs you did order are not cheap, but the rest "heavily" overrated and overpriced.

Keep us posted, because if these are good packs more RC pilots can save some money and have fun!

Ps.
saw in Germany also a new brand with "normal" prices for their lipos:
http://www.lf-technik.de/shop/index....n-30C-60C.html
TreeDiver is offline Find More Posts by TreeDiver
Last edited by TreeDiver; Jan 17, 2010 at 04:06 AM.
Old Jan 17, 2010, 02:52 PM
Frankenstein recycled packs
USA, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Jan 2006
8,776 Posts
I FB has either a 5S or 6S 5000 pack and it is much warmer when done flying his plane compared to the other brands he has. The blue's are new, the others have scores of cycles on them. For the price...

Rick
rampman is offline Find More Posts by rampman
Old Jan 17, 2010, 04:01 PM
Renton, WA
Joined Nov 2006
318 Posts
Quote:
Anyone have any experIEnce with the brand BLUE LIPOLY ?
I have one 3s 20C 5K pack with about 15 runs on it. Came balanced, works fine. It performs about like my equivalently spec'd Zippies. Don't know about longevity yet.

HobbyPartz sucks for communication though, just try to find out if they are 2C capable of charging.
vashon10 is offline Find More Posts by vashon10
Old Jan 18, 2010, 01:23 AM
Frankenstein recycled packs
USA, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Jan 2006
8,776 Posts
2C? All lipo's are, just be sure to connect the balance leads to your charger.

Rick
rampman is offline Find More Posts by rampman
Old Jan 18, 2010, 10:01 AM
Renton, WA
Joined Nov 2006
318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rampman View Post
2C? All lipo's are, just be sure to connect the balance leads to your charger.

Rick
I also suspect they are 2C capable, but if it's such a no-brainer, HPz should be eager to answer AND it should be on the back of the pack with the other instructions.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1167489

So part of my feedback regarding the BLUE brand is also the store selling them.
vashon10 is offline Find More Posts by vashon10
Old Jan 18, 2010, 03:31 PM
*GRAVITY* I hate it :(
USA, CA, Downey
Joined Jan 2010
433 Posts
Thanks very much for all the input guys

Quote:
Thank you guys for all the input.Like stated in some of the post This battery is new SO we will see with time how well they hold up.

With all the stories of swelled,shorted,and just dead not taking a charge
Li Polys It may be just as good as the other brands.at basically %35 the cost of most brands.they seem like a real bargain.
Sparken57 is offline Find More Posts by Sparken57